Samsung Galaxy Tab S

uecker87

A new Samsung tablet is coming out (shocker), but this time it sounds like the 10.5" version will be coming with Sprint Spark later this year.  (wish the 8.4" version was coming to Sprint...  already have a full sized tablet)

I have always sort of wanted an Android tablet that I could use LTE on, but I ended up going with an iPad since most of the tablets Sprint tends to get seem to be low end.  Looks pretty nice.  I might be interested in this if there turns out to be a pretty good dev community so I can get rid of Touchwiz.  :D

What are your thoughts?

Link to more info: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/12/samsung-announces-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-8-4/

• Like 1

I love the screen resolution and I love the camera has finally been upgraded to something decent! If I get enough $$, I'll be looking into getting one. Besides, I love Samsung products, even though KNOX makes it hard to do what I do best :/

Edited by Beani_luvr

Mmmmm I'm definitely more interested in the 8.4 myself. Best android tablets to date in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

i wish nexus 7 on sprint have wifi version. i had tab 3 from sprint so much trouble with it

Nexus 7 does have a wifi version.

Bought the 10.5 32gb version. I like it. Fast and great screen. Only had it a few days, so still new. I chose the 32 because the system has 4.5gb already taken. I had a 16gb tablet snd had too delete stuff when system updates popped up. 4.4kk change to sd cards sucks, but I understand that Google has a right to make sure their software runs as fast as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=771563&fcc_id=A3LSMT807P

Sprint shall be getting this Tab S. Looks like sprint maybe expanding its tablet portfolio. The only this is there Is also a Tab S with an 8.4" screen as well(WiFi only). Maybe sprint will get that one as well.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=771563&fcc_id=A3LSMT807P

Sprint shall be getting this Tab S. Looks like sprint maybe expanding its tablet portfolio. The only this is there Is also a Tab S with an 8.4" screen as well(WiFi only). Maybe sprint will get that one as well.

I'm not expecting Sprint to carry the 8.4" screen. The small tablet is covered by the Tab 3 & 4 7", and the high end tablet is covered by the Tab S 10.5". Tablet diversity means more than 3 from one manufacturer and 4 from the other. We need LG tablets, and HTC tablets, but we still aren't getting them. Even a coolpad would be a good addition to Sprint's tablet lineup.

• Like 1

I am very excited about this. One of the things that I bitched at Sprint for was its lame android tab selection and it looks like it is changing. This is very good. Since Hesse left they really are pulling out all the stops. New plans, wifi calling international, new tablets, over seas phones, double data, and network vision is 95% complete on the 3G rip and replace side of things. Backhaul sites seem to be picking up as well, band 26 is spreading like wildfire. I see you Sprint good for you. Actually starting to believe they can bring customers back very soon.

I'm bummed about it too but maybe they will get a windows tab, the xperia tab and the nexus tab

On a side note, I'm pissed that Samsung didn't come out with a newer Note 8. That would have been cool especially on Sprint. But alas, they didn't make one.

TS

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

If anyone is interested, the Tab S 10.5 got the lollipop update as of 5/21. I didn't get it until last night though. Running so far so good.

• Like 1