Brick wall: Sprint eChat and eCSFB issues

burnout8488

I've been reporting eCSFB issues through eChat to Sprint for about a month now. My local market (Binghamton, NY) is generally B25 LTE complete, however triband phones cannot place or receive calls when connected to LTE. I've tested this on multiple phones, on multiple sites all around the area.

I've provided them with site numbers, but all they come back with is that the upgrades are complete in my area and that they are sorry. We are not 1x800 accepted yet. Is 800 acceptance going to be what fixes these eCSFB issues? 

When I use my N5 in the Lehigh Valley market on 1x800 + LTE accepted sites, I can place and receive calls flawlessly when connected to LTE. So I know it's not the device. 

My local area has been like this since January - this means that pretty much every (triband) customer here hasn't been able to make or receive calls since then on the LTE sites. I find it hard to believe. 

Is it common that LTE accepted sites without 1x800 have these calling issues? Is a 1x800 acceptance really what will fix this eventually? (Not because it's 800, but because THEN the site will be fully upgraded?)

• 2 weeks later...

how to i get a tower that constantly fails escalated nicely .  I don't want to come of as D***.  But i get cdma 800 of distant tower no data. Spo i swapped with gs4 same issue.  I keep getting, from sprint  i pin pointed  your tower and let techs know.  I know im not on my tower i have gotten lte at my house and its at -119 and ehrpd is -111.  When my tower is up i get -77db.    I call in monthly and get same response.    :wall:

how to i get a tower that constantly fails escalated nicely . I don't want to come of as D***. But i get cdma 800 of distant tower no data. Spo i swapped with gs4 same issue. I keep getting, from sprint i pin pointed your tower and let techs know. I know im not on my tower i have gotten lte at my house and its at -119 and ehrpd is -111. When my tower is up i get -77db. I call in monthly and get same response. :wall:

Try the phone number in the link that you just quoted.

I called last week, nothing has changed so far. I vaguely remember seeing something on the forums about opening a ticket. They merely pinpointed the sites I was having eCSFB issues on (all of them in my market). Do I need to create a ticket to further escalate this issue? 

The representative mentioned that there had already been six other calls about this same issue in my market, and at six, they start to take action. 

I mentioned eCSFB and got no response - this team should know what that is, right?

I called last week, nothing has changed so far. I vaguely remember seeing something on the forums about opening a ticket. They merely pinpointed the sites I was having eCSFB issues on (all of them in my market). Do I need to create a ticket to further escalate this issue? 

The representative mentioned that there had already been six other calls about this same issue in my market, and at six, they start to take action. 

I mentioned eCSFB and got no response - this team should know what that is, right?

Pinpoint is useless for eCSFB issues. You have to get a ticket open. And no, even most of the advanced support team is clueless about eCSFB. Some of them are aware that tri-band devices have specific issues, but generally they aren't any more knowledgeable than that.

Pinpoint is useless for eCSFB issues. You have to get a ticket open. And no, even most of the advanced support team is clueless about eCSFB. Some of them are aware that tri-band devices have specific issues, but generally they aren't any more knowledgeable than that.

I'll call back tomorrow then. (Or Monday if they're closed on weekends)

• 2 weeks later...

After the 72786 my phone number is changed to 000-000-9576 and the MIN is 0000009576. I spent about an hour in a Sprint store. Before resorting to a factory reset, he tried a 72786 on an LG G2 and it ended up broken also. He thought it was a network problem because it also screwed up the G2. Does that sound reasonable? I also spent about an hour this evening on the phone with Sprint tech support. She was going to check the network and call me back, but I didn't get a call back.

After the 72786 my phone number is changed to 000-000-9576 and the MIN is 0000009576. I spent about an hour in a Sprint store. Before resorting to a factory reset, he tried a 72786 on an LG G2 and it ended up broken also. He thought it was a network problem because it also screwed up the G2. Does that sound reasonable? I also spent about an hour this evening on the phone with Sprint tech support. She was going to check the network and call me back, but I didn't get a call back.

I had to restore my nexus 5 after doing this. Being connected to WiFi didn't seem to help, but it didn't have self activation in settings.