TriBand Device Coming to Prepaid Subsdaries (LG Volt)

Paynefanbro

evleaks just posted photos of an LG device making it's way to Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile and there is a Spark symbol in the corner of the screen.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bzc3yGJSXzM/U2kshKLWbHI/AAAAAAAAI4Y/-fczhN5Om-0/w445-h800-no/bmvm.png

Yes, the Volt is a Spark phone. It's the LG LS740. I wrote an article on it. I wondered what they were planning for that phone. Guess we finally know more.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Cool!  Looks like this is another tri-band phone for prepaid .  The Hydro Edge Vibe was recently announced, too.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/weather-the-spring-showers-and-summer-fun-with-waterproof-kyocera-hydro-vibe-from-sprint-and-virgin-mobile-usa.htm

Cool!  Looks like this is another tri-band phone for prepaid .  The Hydro Edge Vibe was recently announced, too.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/weather-the-spring-showers-and-summer-fun-with-waterproof-kyocera-hydro-vibe-from-sprint-and-virgin-mobile-usa.htm

Yep. Tri-band is the new way for Sprint, and it appears to be advancing fast. The tri-band S3 is probably going to be released this month too.

So what is really difference between virgin and boost at this time? Never had either service personally. But, I don't get it! Boost, was a Nextel subsidiary. It was super big when I was a teen. Virgin mobile has always been sprints subsidiary but the markets now essentially overlap. No detection device wise.

So what is really difference between virgin and boost at this time? Never had either service personally. But, I don't get it! Boost, was a Nextel subsidiary. It was super big when I was a teen. Virgin mobile has always been sprints subsidiary but the markets now essentially overlap. No detection device wise.

This is why they should merge both Boost and Virgin into one entity.  Just as you stated Boost had iDEN and with that now shut down there really isn't much difference in the two other than there pricing options.   

I could see how merging the two could make sense, but there might be some positives to having these two separate channels.  Some people loath Sprint and don't comprehend that Boost and Virgin ride on Sprint.  I see that as a group that is getting smaller, but these are just other avenues for Sprint to get minutes and data on network.  Site utilization is what they are going for and that is why Sprint allows all the MVNOs to ride on their network.  The MVNOs have different business plans, but all Sprint wants is usage at a profitable rate. 

That is understood I feel like people in my area don't even have sprint there's boost or virgin and if it can curb data usage with these devices then great! I don't mind paying a premium. Sprint needs to get the WiFi ball rolling but that is going way off topic :-! So I'll leave it there. Hopefully small cells are a thing for 2015 and beyond.

I think sprint should have been like Verizon and never let boost or virgin touch there LTE network thus freeing up capacity

There are note bought boost and virgin subscribers to do damage to the LTE network. I don't think that Sprint should "pull a Verizon" because forcing subscribers to go postpaid for LTE is manipulation.

Works for Verizon.

There are note bought boost and virgin subscribers to do damage to the LTE network. I don't think that Sprint should "pull a Verizon" because forcing subscribers to go postpaid for LTE is manipulation.

Looks like the LG Volt has landed on Boost/Virgin Mobile, features a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory, SD card slot, 4.7'' qHD IPS display, 4.4 KitKat, and of course tri-band...not to shabby for 179.99.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think sprint should have been like Verizon and never let boost or virgin touch there LTE network thus freeing up capacity

So kicking us prepaid rabble off is gonna cure everything huh? Sheesh

Works for Verizon.

I wonder if you would think the same if you had boost or virgin. I had virgin mobile for a while because that is what my job, and my credit allowed me to have. Discriminating against customers who have it because they either want to, or have too, is unfair. Of course it works for verizon. Verizon and ATT can do whatever they want, almost all the time. 

Also, if they were all running on our 3g network only then would that not bog down our 3g to nearly unusable speeds even after network vision? Much better to have it distributed. 

• Like 1

I can see your point on this. Spark devices will solve problems it's just a matter of how fast sprint can get the network under control.

I wonder if you would think the same if you had boost or virgin. I had virgin mobile for a while because that is what my job, and my credit allowed me to have. Discriminating against customers who have it because they either want to, or have too, is unfair. Of course it works for verizon. Verizon and ATT can do whatever they want, almost all the time.

Also, if they were all running on our 3g network only then would that not bog down our 3g to nearly unusable speeds even after network vision? Much better to have it distributed.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I left Sprint for Virgin Mobile because I was paying over $70 a month for only talking for an average of 150 mins a month and using only 1GB of data monthly.  When my contract was up with Sprint I had it cancelled and the nice Sprint CSR told me about Virgin Mobile with the plans starting at $35 a month, I ended up buying the Galaxy S3 through them and have the $35 auto deducted from my checking account every month, I get the same great service using the same amount of minutes on average and my data still hovers around 1GB a month, only draw back is no roaming but Sprint coverage is excellent around here. 

• Like 2

I left Sprint for Virgin Mobile because I was paying over $70 a month for only talking for an average of 150 mins a month and using only 1GB of data monthly.  When my contract was up with Sprint I had it cancelled and the nice Sprint CSR told me about Virgin Mobile with the plans starting at $35 a month, I ended up buying the Galaxy S3 through them and have the $35 auto deducted from my checking account every month, I get the same great service using the same amount of minutes on average and my data still hovers around 1GB a month, only draw back is no roaming but Sprint coverage is excellent around here. 

Exactly! And I wish I could do the same because we use so little minutes. With unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, I am essentially paying for 1500 shared minutes I will literally never use....ever. I think the most all of us have gotten up to with all making LAND LINE phone calls was like 120 minutes. And with spark on virgin.... Can't really go wrong. 

• Like 2

Sprint has much more intelligent network management protocol under Network Vision. The QoS and network management in the core can be used to keep Virgin/Boost subs from diluting network quality.

• Like 1

Sprint has much more intelligent network management protocol under Network Vision. The QoS and network management in the core can be used to keep Virgin/Boost subs from diluting network quality.

Especially since Sprint subs are considered priority in all cases....right?

Any chance of the Volt ending up on Sprint postpaid? If not, I guess I'll wait till 2015 for the open access stuff to happen.

I don't see why it can't happen. I just don't know if/when. Hopefully it will. It'd make a good entry level smartphone for Sprint Postpaid. I wish I knew it's real world performance.

• Like 1

I don't see why it can't happen. I just don't know if/when. Hopefully it will. It'd make a good entry level smartphone for Sprint Postpaid. I wish I knew it's real world performance.

I have a friend with one on Virgin. I'll ask him as soon as I can. :)

• Like 1

I have a friend with one on Virgin. I'll ask him as soon as I can. :)

Nice! Does he live in a Spark market to test out TDD LTE too?

Nice! Does he live in a Spark market to test out TDD LTE too?

We're both in Charlotte, so that'll only happen if ALU (And the NCDPS for 800) can get off of their lazy butts. I still haven't found any sort of LTE 2600 equipment. :(

But I'll keep you posted. :)