Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I feel like its probably a non optimized site. I noticed a few b26 sites in my area seemed crappy but in a week or two they because 10-20dbm stronger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But the person said the HTC one Max was fine. Could be a faulty phone?

But the person said the HTC one Max was fine. Could be a faulty phone?

I'm hesitant to say faulty device at this point. I want to see what's going on first, and confirm that both devices are on the same site and sector. Especially in New York, where there are more cell sites than Starbucks. (By a thin margin).

Have a LTE connection but don't know which band 8a8uza5u.jpg

That's band 25 I believe.

Have a LTE connection but don't know which band

It is the default band 25 LTE 1900.  Otherwise, SignalCheck Pro would indicate the band.

AJ

• Like 1

When I get back in my apartment I'll upload speed test and the screenshots from the site. It definitely is the same site as it is attached to my main band 25 carrier that I get service from as well. I can easily on the one max get 24mbps, down on the nexus 5 I'm lucky to hit 10mbps. Which is nuckin futs. It is quite perplexing. But I definitely am parking on 3g where the HTC one max will pick up LTE. Deep breath as I bought this device before the one max in anticipation of being my main triband device and with each update the one max radio has gotten more consistent yay to HTC for getting there crap together I'll give them that.

Edit to add screen shot and site forgot to screen shot on the nexus so has to take a pic of signal check log.

Screenshot_2014-06-14-17-54-32.png

Screenshot_2014-06-14-17-55-54.png

IMAG0361.jpg

IMG_20140614_180712.jpg

Has anyone heard anything on the rumor mill about Google Camera getting an update for burst? Besides Sense, its the only think I am really missing from my EVO LTE lol.

• Like 1

When I get back in my apartment I'll upload speed test and the screenshots from the site. It definitely is the same site as it is attached to my main band 25 carrier that I get service from as well. I can easily on the one max get 24mbps, down on the nexus 5 I'm lucky to hit 10mbps. Which is nuckin futs. It is quite perplexing. But I definitely am parking on 3g where the HTC one max will pick up LTE. Deep breath as I bought this device before the one max in anticipation of being my main triband device and with each update the one max radio has gotten more consistent yay to HTC for getting there crap together I'll give them that.

Edit to add screen shot and site forgot to screen shot on the nexus so has to take a pic of signal check log.

10mbps is well over the advertised and promised speeds. Be happy with it. It could be worse. Plus 10mbps can do everything a smartphone needs.
  • Like 1

Has anyone heard anything on the rumor mill about Google Camera getting an update for burst? Besides Sense, its the only think I am really missing from my EVO LTE lol.

In the APK breakdown for the newest release it was mentioned that there is some code in there hinting at burst mode.

• Like 1

10mbps is well over the advertised and promised speeds. Be happy with it. It could be worse. Plus 10mbps can do everything a smartphone needs.

I'm not concerned about the fact that I am getting 10 Mbps more so my HTC one max same location gets a full 10 Mbps more from the same spot and time and network! Which means there is something amiss with my nexus 5.

I'm not concerned about the fact that I am getting 10 Mbps more so my HTC one max same location gets a full 10 Mbps more from the same spot and time and network! Which means there is something amiss with my nexus 5.

Kind of hard to tell from that blurry log picture but it doesn't appear that you are on the same band with both phones. The HTC One Max is on the unburdened B26 signal and the N5 is on B25. You can change your band preference on the N5 to favor B26 and B41 if it is important to you.

Try disabling b26 and or b41, you'll need your msl. The reason it parka you on 3g is due to a tower having ecsfb issues on one of those bands. For whatever reason it causes you to not pickup b25 either.

It has to be more than a tower because I've been traveling from Texas to Kentucky and the phone has serious 3G sticking issues everywhere I have been. Frustrating. I won't be surprised if I bust my 800mb 3G limit. I'm not paying overage because of a bugged network or phone. The speed is painfully slow.

Kind of hard to tell from that blurry log picture but it doesn't appear that you are on the same band with both phones. The HTC One Max is on the unburdened B26 signal and the N5 is on B25. You can change your band preference on the N5 to favor B26 and B41 if it is important to you.

This is the image it was compromised and degraded when uploaded. Same site and repeatable result. Not my first time noticing the variance between the two devices https://app.box.com/s/xqvuwauwugfk4b4lvac0

Different phones will have different speeds. I've seen 10mbps spread between phones before. Which baseband are you on?

Different phones will have different speeds. I've seen 10mbps spread between phones before. Which baseband are you on?

latest radio .13 on the nexus 5. It was something I seen on .15 as well. So it may be the phone hence my question to you all. As the HTC on the unloaded site gets full speed throughput compared which seems artificially limited be maybe a hardware issue. I got my nexus 5 first week of release so as I attempt to use it more comparing it to another triband device makes me aware of inconsistent nature.

latest radio .13 on the nexus 5. It was something I seen on .15 as well. So it may be the phone hence my question to you all. As the HTC on the unloaded site gets full speed throughput compared which seems artificially limited be maybe a hardware issue. I got my nexus 5 first week of release so as I attempt to use it more comparing it to another triband device makes me aware of inconsistent nature.

Well just a heads up they probably wouldn't do an advanced exchange, if you got it through sprint, or Google may not exchange it through warranty. It is working within its parameters.

I'm in a 3G area and earlier today my towers were just getting evdo data speeds. After I got home from visiting friends the same towers are picking up eHPD data speeds. Two questions, what's the difference between evdo and eHPD and which is better? Question two, why would my towers switch from one to the other like that?

Well just a heads up they probably wouldn't do an advanced exchange, if you got it through sprint, or Google may not exchange it through warranty. It is working within its parameters.

if I even ask for such a thing that wouldn't be a suitable response. But I am not asking for an exchange just clarification of others personal experiences! Early adopter issues I understand.

if I even ask for such a thing that wouldn't be a suitable response. But I am not asking for an exchange just clarification of others personal experiences! Early adopter issues I understand.

The solution is easy. Stop running speed tests. Your e-penis may not like it, but your brain will thank you. Lose the anxiety.

AJ

• Like 5

I'm in a 3G area and earlier today my towers were just getting evdo data speeds. After I got home from visiting friends the same towers are picking up eHPD data speeds. Two questions, what's the difference between evdo and eHPD and which is better? Question two, why would my towers switch from one to the other like that?

They are nearly the same thing. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/&do=findComment&comment=52976

Yes my phone has frozen a few times after the update.

Just bought the Nexus 5 yesterday. Updated to 4.4.3, has anyone noticed some lag after the update? Also, how do you find which bands your using?

Holy cow! Just entered Illinois and the N5 picked up LTE on its own. One state out of five this trip. Didn't last long but it there.

CORRECTION : Close to entering Illinois.

Edited by kamiller42