Considering switching to Sprint and looking for input

convict2324

The way he phrased that he needed to be a "premier sponsor" instead of just a sponsor(when really they're the same thing, except one expires) made me question if he knew that you can get temporary sponsorship.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Premier Sponsor is not the same as regular Sponsor.  Not only do Premier Sponsorships do not expire, but they can access more data and forums.  He is already a standard Sponsor.

Robert

Premier Sponsor is not the same as regular Sponsor. Not only do Premier Sponsorships do not expire, but they can access more data and forums. He is already a standard Sponsor.

Robert

Ewh, well then I was a tad confused 0.0. Thanks for clarifying, it seems the layers information go waaaayyyyy deeper than I expected. This site just gets better and better(well except for the sell your phone ad spammers lately but they've been getting nuked fast :P).

• Like 2

Ewh, well then I was a tad confused 0.0. Thanks for clarifying, it seems the layers information go waaaayyyyy deeper than I expected. This site just gets better and better(well except for the sell your phone ad spammers lately but they've been getting nuked fast :P).

There is nothing we can do about spammers except to shut 'em down as fast as possible.  Any other actions just hurt our members.

Spammers suck. :td:

Robert

• Like 2

I get usually 2.45 down and .90 up and its been that way since NV complete....

Wow that would be totally enough speed for me on 3g. I hope thats what I can expect or close to it consistently. 

• Like 1

Seems about right to expect speeds like that.

Well that is great news. I guess I thought NV 3g speeds would just be closer to 1mbps rather than below .5Mbps like pre NV speeds seem to be, but 2Mbps is great. Tmobile's HSPA Is faster but it isn't in nearly as many locations so a more ubiquitous 1-2Mbps is a lot better than 5-15Mbps in concentrated areas.

Pre NV in my market is painfully slow. I'm actually on one of the last legacy sites in my market currently and it is barely 0.2mbps down and 0.1 up. In contrast, my EVDO speeds post NV are almost always 1.5-2.5mbps and occasionally at the max of 3.1mbps with pings in the 80-110ms range. More than usable for just about everything.

Just hang on. It'll get much better post NV, especially if you have a phone with amazing RF performance like the N5.

Edit: just did another speed test because my data is now totally unusable

mumara3a.jpg

Luckily, this is NOT THE NORM for the new Sprint. Network Vision has totally changed the network experience. So much so, that when you do land on a legacy site, it's all-the-more depressing. ????

Pre NV in my market is painfully slow. I'm actually on one of the last legacy sites in my market currently and it is barely 0.2mbps down and 0.1 up. In contrast, my EVDO speeds post NV are almost always 1.5-2.5mbps and occasionally at the max of 3.1mbps with pings in the 80-110ms range. More than usable for just about everything.

Just hang on. It'll get much better post NV, especially if you have a phone with amazing RF performance like the N5.

Edit: just did another speed test because my data is now totally unusable

mumara3a.jpg

Luckily, this is NOT THE NORM for the new Sprint. Network Vision has totally changed the network experience. So much so, that when you do land on a legacy site, it's all-the-more depressing.

Ouch, is this on your pre NV site or a post NV site?

Ouch, is this on your pre NV site or a post NV site?

Pre-NV, as the post reads. My post-NV EVDO speeds are NEVER anywhere close to this bad. They average 1-2.5mbps with 80-110ms pings on the post NV sites. Massive difference. The speed test above is from one of the last remaining legacy sites in Jacksonville. This particular site is in a very densely populated area on the Southside of Jax.

My B25 LTE speeds are really good. They come in around 6-12mbps with peaks in the 25mbps with the occasional 30+Mbps. Obviously any LTE is post-NV.

Here is a speedtest from a post-NV site in the middle of downtown and probably one of the most overloaded sites in the city (my home site). This was just taken, during a peak loading time. It doesn't get any worse than this. This same site does 2-3mbps in the evenings on EVDO.

eguza4ar.jpg

Pre-NV, as the post reads. My post-NV EVDO speeds are NEVER anywhere close to this bad. They average 1-2.5mbps with 80-110ms pings on the post NV sites. Massive difference. The speed test above is from one of the last remaining legacy sites in Jacksonville. This particular site is in a very densely populated area on the Southside of Jax. My B25 LTE speeds are really good. They come in around 6-12mbps with peaks in the 25mbps with the occasional 30+Mbps. Obviously any LTE is post-NV. Here is a speedtest from a post-NV site in the middle of downtown and probably one of the most overloaded sites in the city (my home site). This was just taken, during a peak loading time. It doesn't get any worse than this. This same site does 2-3mbps in the evenings on EVDO. eguza4ar.jpg

Well it's looking better and better for a jump to Sprint in the near future. My area has to be close to starting NV and since there's only 4 sites I would use during any regular week I really hope it won't take too long after starting to get to that level. I will be going back to my home town of Colorado Springs for a little bit this coming spring/early summer which is very nearly complete with NV so I should be able to enjoy it down there while hopefully they get some work done up in the Denver area before I come back.

• Like 3

Just to back up Cary's comments/observations, with the caveat that I live in a non-metro area (population of the town I live in is a little over 30K roughly, though by the same token we're right on I-40 which is a major cross-country interstate), pre-NV any tests I ran on 3G were mostly in the .4-.45mbps range, with high latency.   Post-NV, usually the worst I'd see on a test is around 1.5 and often see 2+ mbps, and while I don't test often, I can't remember offhand seeing pings higher than the mid 60's.  With LTE, I've seen anywhere from between 5-6 on the low end to as high as around 12 mbps here.  So yes, post NV makes a world of difference.  Even without 1x800 turned on here yet (which is my next big milestone I'm anxiously watching for), I've even noticed a small bump with in-building RF performance on my phone compared to legacy equipment...nothing major mind you, but enough where I can actually use my phone at work to some degree at my desk where before I'd literally always have to at least get up next to a window if not walk outside to do anything I needed to.

• Like 2

Here is the same site (again, my home site) this evening. Please remember, this is a post-NV site. These speeds are the common place for EVDO, post-NV.

Posted Image

This same site is doing 6-12mbps on B25 LTE and the B41 speeds in the same area are well over 40mbps.

More than enough for anything and everything.

• Like 2

Below is a typical (not overburdened) B25 speedtest for a post-NV tower in a mostly finished market, surrounded by finished post-NV sites. My signal wasn't even the greatest at -105dBm. I took this this morning.

atyte5yt.jpg

Please note: I don't make it a habit to run speedtests constantly. I also don't run multiple tests. In normal circumstances, I don't run any tests, unless I'm having an issue. I ran these tests really to give you an idea of what to expect, post-NV, in a densely populated area.

• Like 2

Below is a typical (not overburdened) B25 speedtest for a post-NV tower in a mostly finished market, surrounded by finished post-NV sites. My signal wasn't even the greatest at -105dBm. I took this this morning.

atyte5yt.jpg

Please note: I don't make it a habit to run speedtests constantly. I also don't run multiple tests. In normal circumstances, I don't run any tests, unless I'm having an issue. I ran these tests really to give you an idea of what to expect, post-NV, in a densely populated area.

I appreciate it :). It's good to see speeds like that since that is what I am getting with Tmobile. I have only seen a faster test than that when I was on Verizon in 2011 when the network was almost empty with my horrible HTC Thunderbolt and only a couple of times on Tmobile so far.

Figure I should update this. I ended up making the jump to a member here's 6 person Framily to make it 7 and even got a $200 visa gift card for switching. I'm using an HTC Evo 4g LTE and haven't had any significant signal issues so far but I have no LTE yet which is where this phone struggles most it seems. I am waiting for the New HTC One to upgrade since it seems silly to get anything now but I'm considering buying a cracked screen iphone 5 on my local craigslist for cheap to repair and use until the new htc one comes out. I am happy with coverage so far but the speeds are a bit painful right now. This is a pre NV area so I figure if I have good signal now then the good speeds will come in time, versus Tmobile who has good speeds but lackluster coverage which would require new towers or some low band spectrum to fix which are longer out than sprints NV.

• Like 8