LG G Flex Users Thread

bmoses

nope, i dialed 5689#*995# and it comes up with this screen

2014-02-07-15-00-25.png

i checked through all of them and didn't find anything to set LTE only mode.

Did you ever get this fixed? I am also trying to get in the hidden menu with no luck, although I thought I did yesterday...

Did you ever get this fixed? I am also trying to get in the hidden menu with no luck, although I thought I did yesterday...

i don't think there is anything to fix. you can get to the hidden menu with the dialer code i posted, but the screen doesn't appear to exist on the flex to be able to change to LTE only mode.

• Like 1

i don't think there is anything to fix. you can get to the hidden menu with the dialer code i posted, but the screen doesn't appear to exist on the flex to be able to change to LTE only mode.

I thought someone was able to get to the LTE settings on the LG Flex through this menu? Oh well my mistake.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

How has your reception experience been on the LG Flex? When I was using my Optimus G, I would hit LTE regions using signal check pro around four to five times, but with the flex I get half that.

I guess it's possible I'm running into that whole tri band tower handoff issue...

Can you look in system/app and see if the HiddenMenu.apk exists there?  Maybe we can put the G2 apk in there... 

Can you look in system/app and see if the HiddenMenu.apk exists there?  Maybe we can put the G2 apk in there... 

yes there is a hiddenmenu.apk in there. if you want to send me something to try, or need something from my phone to look at, shoot me a PM and i'll get it to you :D

• Like 1

It's very difficult to take screen shots with the Flex. I've only managed to press the power button and the volume down button together twice!

Use quick memo. It is built into all LG phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It appears the bars for signal strength accurately depict true signal strength on the LG Flex.

i'm not sure what you mean by this but i've confirmed on mine that the signal bars always reflect the strength of my data connection. So when on LTE it shows LTE signal strength and when on 1xRTT/1x800 and 3G it shows the 3G signal strength in the bars.

i'm not sure what you mean by this but i've confirmed on mine that the signal bars always reflect the strength of my data connection. So when on LTE it shows LTE signal strength and when on 1xRTT/1x800 and 3G it shows the 3G signal strength in the bars.

On my old Optimus G, the signal strength bars did not accurately display LTE signal strength, just 3G strength. I was just happy to report that the Flex signal bars are accurate for LTE.

Just in case you were wondering about battery life, take a gander at these numbersPosted Image

That doesn't really tell us much. We need to see time on battery AND seeing screen on time is a good indicator of what is going on. Go to the next page and we can see time on battery, expected time and recent use. Then scroll down and tap on screen so we can see time screen has been on. Screen should *typically be the highest user of battery.

Thanks for sharing.

Have any of you rooted the Flex yet?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

That doesn't really tell us much. We need to see time on battery AND seeing screen on time is a good indicator of what is going on. Go to the next page and we can see time on battery, expected time and recent use. Then scroll down and tap on screen so we can see time screen has been on. Screen should *typically be the highest user of battery.

Thanks for sharing.

Have any of you rooted the Flex yet?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

jury is still out for me on battery, it feels like things are still settling in. on my last charge "android system" had 26% of battery followed by screen at 21%. plus if you plug it in and don't get it close to fully charged it doesn't reset the "time on battery" count, so like last night i was down to 15% battery left and was at ~22 hours on battery, i plugged it in for a little bit since i was going to my daughters dance practice and didn't want it to die on me there, it got charged up to about 35%, then later in the evening i looked at it said i had been on battery for 28 hours, which was not true since i charged it some a few hours earlier.

yes i did root mine, had it done withing an hour of having the phone :D used the ioroot method and it worked like a charm. only bad thing is there isn't a recovery for this model yet or any ROMs out there so i just have root for now. was still nice as it let me freeze/uninstall unwanted apps and use airplane mode from signal check :D

jury is still out for me on battery, it feels like things are still settling in. on my last charge "android system" had 26% of battery followed by screen at 21%. plus if you plug it in and don't get it close to fully charged it doesn't reset the "time on battery" count, so like last night i was down to 15% battery left and was at ~22 hours on battery, i plugged it in for a little bit since i was going to my daughters dance practice and didn't want it to die on me there, it got charged up to about 35%, then later in the evening i looked at it said i had been on battery for 28 hours, which was not true since i charged it some a few hours earlier.

yes i did root mine, had it done withing an hour of having the phone :D used the ioroot method and it worked like a charm. only bad thing is there isn't a recovery for this model yet or any ROMs out there so i just have root for now. was still nice as it let me freeze/uninstall unwanted apps and use airplane mode from signal check :D

Cool, well, as soon as TWRP does recovery, make backup and I'll get you the Hidden Menu apk from G2 and you can push and see if it works. I think I'll grab the Flex hidden apk and see what it does on my G2. :D

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I certainly expected more activity on the Flex forum. So that means either the phone is perfect and no one is having any issues, or the sales are really low. I know it just came out last week but I only know if a few owners.

got connected to B26 on my flex today :D

link to screen shots here

I still haven't been able to get to the band priorities screen. When I ever the dialer code, the hidden menu shows up, but there are only a small selection of menus to choose from...