Network Vision and Spark EARFCN logging thread

Revol-ting!  Revol-ting!

Yeah, I guess Ting, too, would get some of that second band 25 carrier.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Also second PCS LTE carrier confirmed in Cleveland earfcn 26465/8645 (PCS F Block) and Columbus earfcn 26565 / 8565 PCS C block.

This is awesome. Tim, where did this spectrum come from? Was it refarmed Sprint spectrum? Or, was it through a regional acquisition.

Edit: AJ answered this as I was typing. Revol?

Sent from my iPhone 6

B41 in mid Michigan is on channel 58978. I don't see that listed on the OP. I've got a screenshot if needed.

Carefully read the top post, please.

egg-on-face.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

I have again updated the top post and spreadsheet.  They do not, however, include the reported second band 25 carriers in Revol spectrum yet.  Those await screenshot confirmation.

AJ

• Like 2

I have again updated the top post and spreadsheet. They do not, however, include the reported second band 25 carriers in Revol spectrum yet. Those await screenshot confirmation.

AJ

uploadfromtaptalk1414803694540.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I was requested to post my B25 second carrier finds for the Cleveland market, so here's the screenshots. Both of these were found October 29thattachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-10-29-15-51-27.pngattachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-10-29-17-58-39.png

Cleveland is now running 3 5x5mhz band 25 carriers? That's nice.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I was requested to post my B25 second carrier finds for the Cleveland market, so here's the screenshots. Both of these were found October 29thattachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-10-29-15-51-27.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-10-29-17-58-39.png

Were both of those screenshots taken in the Cleveland-Akron market?  The second appears to be an anomaly, as that LTE carrier is centered in the PCS E block, which is licensed to T-Mobile.

AJ

Yes, both were taken in the Cleveland market, though in different regions. The 8415/26415 pair was grabbed from a site near Warren, OH. I'll reevaluate the result the next time I'm in that area and let you know if anything's different.

Yes, both were taken in the Cleveland market, though in different regions. The 8415/26415 pair was grabbed from a site near Warren, OH. I'll reevaluate the result the next time I'm in that area and let you know if anything's different.

Ah, that is not the Cleveland-Akron market.  It is the Youngstown-Warren market, where Sprint did acquire a different Revol license -- the PCS E block license.  So, your screenshot is accurate.

Apparently, Sprint is not screwing around with this Revol spectrum.  Youngstown is basically an armpit, a heavily depressed area that is losing population like crazy.  But, regardless of market prospects, Sprint is rolling this acquired spectrum right into band 25 LTE.

AJ

• Like 3

These were taken in and around Eaton Ohio in the Cincinnati market. There are three sites that always give me an invalid UL Channel. I took a screen shot so we know it is not software. Is this a site configuration error? Also the uploads either fail or they are extremely slow. dkyeager helped me figure out it was an invalid UL channel.18421d434ec0b772ea18144f4e858221.jpg38db66189bea6a745b6885593852602e.jpgc821ab31c4e742336e8f03b52228895a.jpg

Also found a second band 25 carrier but was unable to get a engineering screenshot.

• 1 month later...

New B41 sites coming online in the Metro Detroit area. I saw EARFCN 41374 coming from sites in the Madison Heights and Troy area. There was a B41 site that just came online in the Warren area but  I wasn't able to determine the EARFCN. Any other B41 site I've seen in outstate Michigan is on the common 40978 EARFCN thus far. 

Screenshot_2015-01-02-16-51-07.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over 90 b25 second carrier sites have been found in the Cleveland Market so far. Maybe they can be moved up to the big league on the first page of this thread.  Columbus continues to have just one B25 second carrier site.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Top post has been updated.

AJ

• Like 1

Earfcn 26315 is pretty widespread throughout Ft Wayne and points south, Southern Illinois and St Louis.

That's Chicago's second PCS carrier, too.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Earfcn 26315 is pretty widespread throughout Ft Wayne and points south, Southern Illinois and St Louis. 

A few thoughts...

EARFCN 26315 is the uplink.  Focus on the downlink EARFCN, which would be EARFCN 8315.  Generally, logging either is fine.  But TD-LTE throws a wrench into the mix -- with invalid uplink EARFCNs.

The PCS B block spectrum acquired from USCC is in the Chicago MTA.  Parts of Northern Indiana, such as Ft. Wayne, and much of Southern Illinois are still in the Chicago MTA.  So, reports of a second carrier in those areas with the same EARFCN as in Chicago are not exactly new info.  Those areas are all part of the Chicago MTA.

Now, St. Louis is a whole new ballgame -- to the cheers of insufferable Cardinals fans.  The USCC spectrum acquired there is from the St. Louis MTA PCS A block license.  It is not the same spectrum as in the Chicago MTA, so it cannot contain the same EARFCN.  But Sprint itself has long held the PCS B block license for the St. Louis MTA.  Thus, a second band 25 carrier in St. Louis with the same EARFCN as in Chicago would have to come from Sprint's own spectrum.

AJ

A few thoughts...

EARFCN 26315 is the uplink.  Focus on the downlink EARFCN, which would be EARFCN 8315.  Generally, logging either is fine.  But TD-LTE throws a wrench into the mix -- with invalid uplink EARFCNs.

The PCS B block spectrum acquired from USCC is in the Chicago MTA.  Parts of Northern Indiana, such as Ft. Wayne, and much of Southern Illinois are still in the Chicago MTA.  So, reports of a second carrier in those areas with the same EARFCN as in Chicago are not exactly new info.  Those areas are all part of the Chicago MTA.

I was simply replying to the post above mine that basically the 2nd LTE carrier is more widespread across this region than South Bend.

Now, St. Louis is a whole new ballgame -- to the cheers of insufferable Cardinals fans.  The USCC spectrum acquired there is from the St. Louis MTA PCS A block license.  It is not the same spectrum as in the Chicago MTA, so it cannot contain the same EARFCN.  But Sprint itself has long held the PCS B block license for the St. Louis MTA.  Thus, a second band 25 carrier in St. Louis with the same EARFCN as in Chicago would have to come from Sprint's own spectrum.

AJ

Let me see what I can do about a screen shot...