Network Vision and Spark EARFCN logging thread

30-40 minutes. It was in Joliet. That's still our market.

No, not necessarily for EBS.  It is licensed on a radius basis.

AJ

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Image didn't upload

Your EARFCN 40056 is already in our list.  Thanks, though.

AJ

I didn't see shentel's second carrier listed. Upload 26158 Download 8158.

SignalCheck showing location https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq2h81y354hffwv/Screenshot_2014-04-28-17-33-01.png

Engineering screen showing channel https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx1wfrq1lxgkv6p/Screenshot_2014-04-28-17-35-41.png

I didn't see shentel's second carrier listed. Upload 26158 Download 8158

Thanks.  Anecdotes about the Shentel secondary band 25 carrier abound, but no one has officially documented it -- until now.  I will add the EARFCNs to the list.  The center frequency choice is a bit unusual, so that may be worth some analysis, too.

And I take it that this was in Berkeley Springs, WV in the Washington-Baltimore MTA?  The PCS A block spectrum would seem to necessitate that.

AJ

• Like 4

And I take it that this was in Berkeley Springs, WV in the Washington-Baltimore MTA?  The PCS A block spectrum would seem to necessitate that.

AJ

Berkeley Springs, WV is west of Hagerstown, MD about 60 miles west of Washington DC. It's a small town on national network 522 maybe 1000 people. I personally don't think they need a second carrier but I am sure they were not complaining about the extra spectrum. There is a lot of traffic on 522 people trying to avoid DC traffic. Maybe that is why they added it there.

• 2 months later...

I think we have a new one for you AJ in Omaha.

Done.  I have updated the spreadsheet and also corrected a previous minor error.

AJ

• Like 3

I looked through my screenshots, and it looks like I have one that hasn't been reported.

B41 - EARFCN: 39858 here in WI.

I will upload the screenshot when I get home.  Tapatalk keeps giving me an upload error. 

I looked through my screenshots, and it looks like I have one that hasn't been reported.

I will upload the screenshot when I get home.  Tapatalk keeps giving me an upload error. 

When you get a chance, post the screenshot, and I will take a look.

AJ

When you get a chance, post the screenshot, and I will take a look.

AJ

Below is my screenshot:

IMG_0010.JPG

Not sure if it matters, AJ, but here's a screenshot of the USCC spectrum active in South Bend, Indiana. Same as Chicago. Maybe you can add it to the list of cities?

c30c3fdccd9815f2961cc6099ff67486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Not sure if it matters, AJ, but here's a screenshot of the USCC spectrum active in South Bend, Indiana. Same as Chicago. Maybe you can add it to the list of cities?

Thanks for the report, but South Bend is in the Chicago market.  So, the same second band 25 carrier does not count as anything new, per se.

AJ

Sprint band 41 in South Bend, IN. New frequency?

uecker87 in Wisconsin beat you to EARFCN 39858 a few posts above.

Regardless, the top post and spreadsheet have now been updated.

AJ

• Like 2

S4GRU staff has been cooperatively working hard behind the scenes today.  We received Sprint insider info of a second band 41 carrier deployed for the World Series in Kansas City, and we were able to verify that with an LTE engineering screenshot.  So, Kansas City is the first confirmed market with a second band 41 carrier ready for carrier aggregation and added capacity across parts of the city.

The top post and spreadsheet have been updated.

AJ

• Like 11

S4GRU staff has been cooperatively working hard behind the scenes today.  We received Sprint insider info of a second band 41 carrier deployed for the World Series in Kansas City, and we were able to verify that with an LTE engineering screenshot.  So, Kansas City is the first confirmed market with a second band 41 carrier ready for carrier aggregation and added capacity across parts of the city.

The top post and spreadsheet have been updated.

AJ

Also second PCS LTE carrier confirmed in Cleveland earfcn 26465/8645 (PCS F Block) and Columbus earfcn 26565 / 8565 PCS C block. 

• Like 3

Also second PCS LTE carrier confirmed in Cleveland earfcn 26465/8645 (PCS F Block) and Columbus earfcn 26565 / 8565 PCS C block. 

Revol, cough, Revol.

AJ

• Like 1