LG G Pro 2

shocker45

http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-G-Pro-2-images-leak-reveals-volume-rocker-and-power-buttons-on-the-rear-cover_id51927

Not 100% sure if it is coming to Sprint or not. But I could see it happening.

I hope so. I would love to see LG compete in the phablet space.  LG was too hesitant last year to make a big splash with the LG Optimus G Pro and only sold it on AT&T.  This year LG needs to take the same approach as they did with the LG G2 and LG G Flex and offer it to all 4 carriers.

• Like 1

when they say "introduced next month" that doesn't mean released next month, right?

I doubt it.  If anything they might just introduce it at MWC with a release time frame of around Apr/May.  I think LG's release cycle is flipped 180 degrees from Samsung and HTC.  Samsung and HTC like to release their flagship 5 in smartphones devices in the Apr/May time frame while LG likes to release their phablet device.  In Sept/Oct, Samsung and HTC like to release their phablet devices while LG likes to release their 5 in smartphones.

• Like 1

Speculation that the LG G Pro 2 has been benchmarked.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/02/has-the-g-pro-2-been-benchmarked-in-antutu.html

6 inch screen size, 1920x1080 screen resolution

Snapdragon 800

Android 4.4

3GB Ram

32GB Internal Storage

What do you guys think?

Ckmark.png6 inch screen size, 1920x1080 screen resolution

Ckmark.pngSnapdragon 800

Ckmark.pngAndroid 4.4

Ckmark.png3GB Ram

Ckmark.png32GB Internal Storage

Looks good to me. (For myself, add external storage SD card support and it will be a winner.)

Although I'm a little hesitant based on LG's history with updates, I'm eagerly anticipating this device. Just hoping that it's a solid/great RF performer. If it's heading to Sprint I would assume that it would be a tri-band device.

My huge paws and horrible eyes are waiting for this 6" phone.

Although I'm a little hesitant based on LG's history with updates, I'm eagerly anticipating this device. Just hoping that it's a solid/great RF performer. If it's heading to Sprint I would assume that it would be a tri-band device.My huge paws and horrible eyes are waiting for this 6" phone.

As for the LG rf performance g2's are quite responsive in the Rf world and easily outperforms the radio from my previous GS3 with a modified modem. Also the Nexus 5 is a stellar RF device and it bears the LG stamp as well.

-William

• Like 1

True William,

I'm currently using the Evo LTE. And while the screen is extremely nice and measures in at 4.7", I'm looking specifically for the following features:

5.7+" screen

non-Amoled screen

Solid/great RF performer (I'm using probably the worst RF performer of all time)

Tri-band

Capable/very good camera

Due to a vision impairment, an AOSP-style (dark) "Settings" menu layout...which I'm assuming I'll have to concede if the G Pro 2 comes to Sprint.

The One max probably comes the closest to my requirements, I'm just not a fan of the style/look of the max and really need a great RF performer.

The style of the G2 is great, just need something bigger, especially for my poor eyes.

• Like 1

Ckmark.png6 inch screen size, 1920x1080 screen resolution

Ckmark.pngSnapdragon 800

Ckmark.pngAndroid 4.4

Ckmark.png3GB Ram

Ckmark.png32GB Internal Storage

Looks good to me. (For myself, add external storage SD card support and it will be a winner.)

It appears that there will be a MicroSD on this phone.  Additionally, there's a report of a removable battery.  If these two conditions are met, then this phone has checked all the boxes for me...

• Like 2

Seeing multiple reports (sorry no link...I'm lazy) of an SD card slot and removable battery. Unknown at this time which/any U.S. carrier support. Of course no mention of LTE bands (other than the Korean-specific LTE-A bands).

IF it comes to Sprint with tri-band support, this will be my HTC Evo 4G LTE replacement. I'm hoping for at least G2 comparable RF performance.

ps...I'm ready now LG, if you have one handy to go out the door.

• Like 1

And if execs are saying April, then that means May. I'm patient, so as long as it's coming to Sprint and tri-band, it's all good. I've had to put up with the poor performing Evo 4G LTE for so long another couple of months doesn't make any difference.

• 2 weeks later...

And if execs are saying April, then that means May. I'm patient, so as long as it's coming to Sprint and tri-band, it's all good. I've had to put up with the poor performing Evo 4G LTE for so long another couple of months doesn't make any difference.

I'm in the same boat with my EVO as well, but the new EVO updates will help me hang on.  If Sprint brings the LG G Pro 2 onto their network, and the specs are correct, then I'll look very hard at getting one.  I had an LG feature phone years ago, and it was a very nicely built device.

/\/\/\ Agreed. The 4.3 update will hold me over for a while on my Evo as well. Battery life is no comparison to 4.1.12 MeanBean ROM I was running, but fortunately I've got the option to charge at any time during the day. Still hoping for an LG carrier announcement for the G Pro 2 at MWC this week.

Not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.

If it's a few months away, that will be alright too. I'm already conditioning (read: saving money) myself to pay for devices outright. I can ween myself off of subsidies.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/04/lg-g-pro-2-review/

Brad from Engadget posted his review of the Korean version. Still no word on U.S. carrier support.

Removable battery and SD card support is great.

Reading the G2 thread, it seems as if the G Pro 2 has some comparable bugs.

#1 Spotty RF reception

#2 Navigation/compass issues

These two things are somewhat worrisome considering LG's history of updating devices.

I'm chomping at the bit to get this beauty in Sprint tri-band flavor, but will probably have a wait and see attitude.

I'm looking for a solid/very good RF performer. And although navigation isn't something I use daily, I do use it often and it is important.

Looking forward to a post on The Wall from AJ or Josh in the future when it (hopefully) hits the OET.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still no updates on the US market.... I really want a 5.5"+ phone that's spark ready with 1080 display.....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm a little hesitant on a couple of things:

1. LG's history with updating their devices.

(although this seems to be improving)

2. GPS issues evident with some G2 owners, and a review listed this as an issue as well.

3. (Sprint) Developer support.

I have followed @LGUSAMobile and have tweeted them everyday the past 10 days or so saying that I'm ready for a Sprint LGGPro2. #LGGPro2Ready

• Like 1