Sprint VoLTE Discussion thread [was Sprint partners with BroadSoft for VoLTE]

When Verizon decide to unplug CDMA, Sprint will have to follow. otherwise, roaming and device cost will be a problem

I don't see this being an issue, Sprint and Verizon devices diverged several years ago. Almost all current devices are custom radios tailored to the carrier with the exception of devices like the Nexus 5.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I was wondering if Sprint has made and headway on VoLTE?

new deployment dates?

We haven't heard any meaningful info since our article.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5751491E40D9FD7F!11127&authkey=!AL6m_0-vCvlH-Wg&ithint=folder%2c

what does this indicate VOLTE coming soon, when i place a call i cannot  access data but it shows LTE is connected in signal check.

I think this is just a glitch from signal check.

• Like 1

I think this is just a glitch from signal check.

To clarify, it is not a glitch from Signal Check.  It is a glitch from Android.  Signal Check is receiving info from Android that says that both are connected at the same time, but it is not.  Android is not refreshing the data properly, so apps that use that data can be fully accurate every second.

• Like 4

Well it does only in some places not everywhere or every time, previously signal check would show only LTE but now it shows both connected.And the good part is voice and data shows different SID.

Edited by benji827

Tweeted at Marcelo to find out if I could get him to say anything about VoLTE, Sprint Care tweeted at me that no date has been announced but to "stay tuned"; this tweet had the CEO Line picture attached. Hopefully by year's end?

Tweeted at Marcelo to find out if I could get him to say anything about VoLTE, Sprint Care tweeted at me that no date has been announced but to "stay tuned"; this tweet had the CEO Line picture attached. Hopefully by year's end?

Sounds promising ????????????!

I am still using an older Galaxy S4 mainly because I occasionally need data while I am on a call.

I really hope they work out something soon. The other networks have had it for a while already.

I wouldn't expect anything in the next 5 yrs on this.

• Like 1

I am still using an older Galaxy S4 mainly because I occasionally need data while I am on a call.

I really hope they work out something soon. The other networks have had it for a while already.

Enable Google voice/Sprint integration and there you go. Phone calls over LTE with the hangouts dialer.

Does hangouts intercept incoming calls if I do the integration?

Yes, if you enable incoming calls under hangout settings.

I'm integrated with a Google voice number, but I'd imagine it would work the same with a Sprint integrated number. Make sure to disable your phone under Google voice settings as a forwarding device so you don't drop to 1X when somebody calls you.

Enable Google voice/Sprint integration and there you go. Phone calls over LTE with the hangouts dialer.

I might give that a shot. Last time I tried to integrate my Sprint number with GV a couple years ago I had all sorts of problems, maybe it's better now.

Yes, if you enable incoming calls under hangout settings.

I'm integrated with a Google voice number, but I'd imagine it would work the same with a Sprint integrated number. Make sure to disable your phone under Google voice settings as a forwarding device so you don't drop to 1X when somebody calls you.

I'm definitely intrigued. I've had issues with missed calls due to my phone not falling back to 1x to receive calls. My only issue would be waiting until Sprint solves some of the balancing issues. B26 tends to get overloaded at times on some parts of town.

How does it handle on 3G EVDO? Any noticeable lag while on calls?

• Like 1

Does hangouts intercept incoming calls if I do the integration?

You can have it do that. It's been a while since I used Hangouts for incoming calls, but the Hangouts dialer would always ring before the regular dialer would. If I left it go long enough both would start ringing. One really nice thing about integration with Hangouts is no more eCSFB failing and not letting calls through. It's been happening to me a lot the last week or so, I'm probably going back to using Hangouts for incoming calls so I don't miss anymore.

For a Sprint/Google Voice integrated number, what effect does enabling the Hangouts Dialer have on the Google Voice app?  Is SMS still delivered to the Google Voice app?

AJ

For a Sprint/Google Voice integrated number, what effect does enabling the Hangouts Dialer have on the Google Voice app? Is SMS still delivered to the Google Voice app?

AJ

Enabling the Hangouts dialer thankfully has no effect on the way texts are delivered.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1