Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Let me start with a few things.

1. Im on mobile

2. Sorry for the shitty pics, if you dont like them too bad.

3. This is all new and confusing, so bare with me please.

4. One up program is dead. Replaced with easy pay.

What i know about framily plans.

1. Grouped lines get the discount.

2. Groups can be spread across multiple accounts.

3. 10 lines is the limit

4.Everyone gets 1 gb of data, can get 3 for $10 and unlimited for $20

5. You must pay msrp, sign up for easy pay or bring your own device.

6. Framily pricing is all based off no contract,

If you switch to framily and are under contract there is a $15 chargr because these plans do not include device subsidies.

What i know about easy pay.

1.no credit requirements to sign up, may have down payment if subprime.

2. Financing is for 24 months.

3. One year upgrade requires device paid off or turned in.

umuzajyj.jpg

6a4ujyte.jpg

pazebybe.jpg

9utusuqe.jpg

uvy8abaj.jpg

y9y7adyn.jpg

Edited by No_name
  • Like 9

So this is off contract for family plans? If I have 5 lines, each line is $35 w/ 1GB data? Is it an extra $10/line for unlimited data?

Edit: I see now it's an additional $20/line for unlimited data. Not bad though if there's 7 to 10 lines.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Hmm, I am surprised that One Up is already game over.  The Framily offering, though, might be attractive to S4GRU members, since groups of up to 10 here could band together for lower monthly service charges.

AJ

• Like 8

If I did the math right... 

If you had 2 groups, each with 4 phones, either already upgraded or currently eligible (before the 10th)... Each line gets a new $600 phone with $100 down and pays sales tax. Each line would be $25 plus $21 a month (phone payment). I know I'd need the 3GB plan for an additional $10 bringing my monthly total to aprox $56 plus tax. 

Even when I say it out loud I still get confused.

• Like 5

I like it.  It allows you to bring an unsubsidized device to a new line without a new 2 year agreement.  Also, Sprint is accepting, even encouraging, that there already people banding together for family plans, who are not families.  Might as well make some money on them too.  This is a good plan.  But it is pretty confusing when you start adding in the whole Sprint Easy Pay part.

Robert

• Like 5

I like the bring your own device part but what it seems like is existing customers can't group up you can only group up with new customers if I understand this correctly.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Also, is there any info on the monthly voice/data roaming quotas?  Have those been cut back any further than they were with the new plans last year?

AJ

• Like 1

So If I wanted 2 lines with unlimited data it would be $50+$50+$20+$20 + cost of phones either one off or monthly (or BYOD)?

Seems to work a lot better for a greater number of lines but more lines = less likely to churn either voluntarily or involuntarily which makes sense. I think I need more family members, or at least more I can trust to pay their bills lol.

Friends + Family = Framily, I guess.... I like the plan (though I need to check the math), but hate the name.

Same here...when I first read the initial post I thought the guy either was a terrible speller or else had a typo in his autocorrect or Swiftkey database that kept propgating. doh.gif

• Like 2

I think I need more family members, or at least more I can trust to pay their bills lol.

The grouped Framily accounts can be separately liable.  That is a big plus.

Basically, this seems like a discount for knowing others who use Sprint and encouraging them to stay within the fold.

AJ

• Like 3

So If I wanted 2 lines with unlimited data it would be $50+$50+$20+$20 + cost of phones either one off or monthly (or BYOD)?

Seems to work a lot better for a greater number of lines but more lines = less likely to churn either voluntarily or involuntarily which makes sense. I think I need more family members, or at least more I can trust to pay their bills lol.

Thats how I read it.

Basically, this seems like a discount for knowing others who use Sprint and encouraging them to stay within the fold.

AJ

That makes a huge amount of sense! Very good idea. 

• Like 1

AJ

Between my brother, sister, their spouses, and my mother I would be at 30 + unlimited + taxes, that wouldn't be bad.

• Like 1

Also, is there any info on the monthly voice/data roaming quotas?  Have those been cut back any further than they were with the new plans last year?

AJ

This is a great question and one I'd like to know the answer to as well.

So, who wants to band their lines together? I'm in with 4 lines!

Yeah, staff is already in the midst of discussing S4GRU's policy on Framily.  We might like to set up a Framily thread where members can form groups of 7-10 to get the greatest monthly discount per line.  Expect an official decision relatively soon.

AJ

• Like 12

They are following the my way plans.100mb and 800 minutes of roaming.

Good info.  That is what I expected, though the thought crossed my mind that monthly roaming quotas might have been reduced even further to T-Mobile type levels.

AJ

The grouped Framily accounts can be separately liable. That is a big plus.

AJ

That sounds like the private version of ILU's (Individual Liability User)'s on a corporate account.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk