New fee changes from sprint coming

No_name

I do not want to post stuff from the playbook on my normal username so please excuse this throw away account.

1st change is that in feb or march if you have a spending limit on your account it is going from 4.99 to 8.99 a month. As always you can avoid this fee if you have a spending limit by setting auto payments. .

2nd change involves TEP. Customers will get 2 free swaps a year but after that there will be a $25 fee. I do not know all the details yet but my understanding is if you get a defective swap and sprint replaces it again within 30 days that will not count against you.

3rd change also involves TEP. Even though the 4S, mega and s4 mini cost less than $550. They will sbe moving to the $11 /month TEP tier. It is insane and goes against the current tier setups.

Customers should begin seeing notices in the coming weeks.

I do not recall the exact dates these will start but it will be by march. I will check tomorrow.

I would like to apologize for the lack of pictures and any spelling errors because i am on mobile instead of a computer. Any of the reps here can confirm these changes since it was pretty much the only thing in this weeks playbook.

Edited by No_name
  • Like 1

Does this include the 5S? or is that out of the price range. Regardless I have applecare+ and cancelled my insurance with sprint because I found out it would cost 200 bucks for a replacement, compared to applecare at 79 if my phone was damaged. Only benefit is sprint insurance covers theft and loss.....So they have that going for them.

Lol this is too good so to pass up so I'm going to be that guy and say it . T-Mobile wouldn't increase rates and fees.

I will fix your comment to make it T-Mobile compliant.

#T-Mobile #wouldn't #increase #rates #and #fees #UnCarrier#######

• Like 8

Lol this is too good so to pass up so I'm going to be that guy and say it . T-Mobile wouldn't increase rates and fees.

Tread softly...

TEP has long been not worth it anyways.  Wells Fargo has some program where if you use your credit card to pay your cell phone bill they will replace your lost, damaged, or stolen phone.  I am going to look into that as an option for myself. 

I got a notice about TEP in the Mail Wednesday about the changes. I hardly ever use the insurance for repairs or claims, so it didn't really bother me.

I will fix your comment to make it T-Mobile compliant.

#T-Mobile #wouldn't #increase #rates #and #fees #UnCarrier#######

Is #UnCarrier####### some sort of dialer code for T-Mobile customers that plays their commercial jingle or something?

Spending limit fee is a fee they charge to credit challenged individuals. This only affects people who Sprint considers high risk. Basically, if your credit score is not high enough, Sprint puts your account on a monthly limit and charges a monthly fee. That fee is going up slightly. It will not get you out of your contract.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Total Equipment Plus is not a money maker. The reason why they are raising insurance rates is because of the rate at which people make claims. Claim rate has gone up. It costs what it costs. And it's an add on service, completely optional. Buy it, or don't.

TEP covers everything and anything. It's not just mere insurance. And it is easy to defraud. The TEP rate payers are paying all the risk associated with the plan, not just theirs. Unfortunately, it is not like car insurance where you pay a rate just on your risk factors.

• Like 2

Total Equipment Plus is not a money maker. The reason why they are raising insurance rates is because of the rate at which people make claims. Claim rate has gone up. It costs what it costs. And it's an add on service, completely optional. Buy it, or don't.

TEP covers everything and anything. It's not just mere insurance. And it is easy to defraud. The TEP rate payers are paying all the risk associated with the plan, not just theirs. Unfortunately, it is not like car insurance where you pay a rate just on your risk factors.

Cheaper to put your money away each month and use it towards a new Nexus. 

• Like 5

I do not want to post stuff from the playbook on my normal username so please excuse this throw away account.

1st change is that in feb or march if you have a spending limit on your account it is going from 4.99 to 8.99 a month. As always you can avoid this fee if you have a spending limit by setting auto payments. .

To be precise.. is that a 4.99 charge going up to 8.99 per month?

Because I am on a spending limit but see no such 4.99 charge on my bill right now due to a spending limit.

I was on spending limit for a year but after a year of paying them early or on time they took it off and gave me another line.

My brother has been on it for three years. But then again, he doesn't pay his bill on time either. He doesn't see the connection. He's lucky he even can have a postpaid account.

That's what I do...now. :tu:

Does this include the 5S? or is that out of the price range. Regardless I have applecare+ and cancelled my insurance with sprint because I found out it would cost 200 bucks for a replacement, compared to applecare at 79 if my phone was damaged. Only benefit is sprint insurance covers theft and loss.....So they have that going for them.

The 5/5s has always been 11 a month for their coverage. And that 79 is for green level replacement which is pretty much dead pixels or a dead earpiece/speaker. See if Apple will replace a cracked screen for you. With TEP you can have your phone replaced even if it's cracked so long as it's one crack under 2 inches or 2 cracks under 1 inch a piece. Or see if Apple will replace your phone for a faulty antenna. Won't happen.

I'm good with my phones and I still have insurance. My g2 was 3 weeks old and was replaced for free for a defect from the manufacturer. Without TEP it's $75. So on an so forth...

79 includes water damage as well. And any accidental damage that results from normal handling eg, dropping into liquid, breaking phone etc. If there is a part broken/faulty in an iphone and you have either AppleCare or are within the 1 year limited warranty, they absolutely will replace it most times for free. I've also had a few friends who got a completely new phone because there was a nick in the screen, home button failed, lock button not responding etc. for free. I have also gotten 2 free iPhones in the past due to screen issues (screen not responding correctly) and the other one I forgot what the issue was

Screen replacement is 49 dollars last time I checked.

To be precise.. is that a 4.99 charge going up to 8.99 per month?

Because I am on a spending limit but see no such 4.99 charge on my bill right now due to a spending limit.

Are you on auto pay?

what is a sprint spending limit?  i know what it sounds like but it must be different than what im thinking of if there is that high of a monthly charge. 

Basically it is a limit on how much you can spend on your account. I guess it is a way to keep deposits lower and charge a fee monthly

Absolutely.

I can also see getting insurance for months 1 and 2 because of the peace of mind, and then cancelling it.

Finding out you have a defective phone on day 15 can cause an artery to blow.

The 5/5s has always been 11 a month for their coverage. And that 79 is for green level replacement which is pretty much dead pixels or a dead earpiece/speaker. See if Apple will replace a cracked screen for you. With TEP you can have your phone replaced even if it's cracked so long as it's one crack under 2 inches or 2 cracks under 1 inch a piece. Or see if Apple will replace your phone for a faulty antenna. Won't happen.

I'm good with my phones and I still have insurance. My g2 was 3 weeks old and was replaced for free for a defect from the manufacturer. Without TEP it's $75. So on an so forth...

How much do those small shops in strip malls charge to replace a screen for you?

I usually keep insurance on my phones for the first 6-12 months and then cancel it. By then, most damage or defects are already done and the device value and possibility of working out any issues with CSR on a reduced cost replacement outweigh the cost of keeping the insurance on the account each month.