Is this site Legacy or NV?

So I have a tower that I've been keeping my eye on. It is a "Legacy" Marked tower, and it shows on the Maps as such. Looking at the tower, it looks legacy. Old panels still up on the tower. Now At work, I have a new NV Tower (New Panels, RRU's, etc.) and I connect to it on 3G SID: 4159 NID: 305. I go to this tower (Legacy Looking), sit right under it with a -58 signal and have the same SID: 4159 NID: 305. Now here's my big question.

Could this possibly be either:

A. GMO Site (According to a previous article, the Orlando Market didn't have any)

B. Full Build with RRU's on the Ground (Cannot tell because of where the cabinets are cannot see them)

C. Still Legacy (We are in an incumbent Market so could they be the same NID? Or does this only apply to eCSFB?)

Or...Am I totally off in thinking that the SID/NID are different with Legacy/NV Equip?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe SID/NID is the same between Legacy and NV. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

On the Legacy site in question, you've identified it still has legacy panels but what about the base stations? If your location is still Florida, that would be Ericsson. Check to see if you can see any new base stations. That would give you an indication progress is underway and hopefully it will be a full build.

Pics would help too  :tu:

This site in Kansas is a full build but RRUs mounted on ground because of the water tower. If your Legacy site could not support the RRUs up by the panels, it would look something like this:

rwk8.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg?w=AABa5hLm5m5XuexhIdB2-BA6W

• Like 2

Thanks for the very helpful explaination! I'm familiar with the GMO/ Ground Mount RRU(Full Build) scenarios. Unfortunately,  I cannot see anything other than an old Nextel Radio hut on the ground. (Old Nextel Site as well) This is a pic of the tower.

RcGN8mB.jpg

This is an older picture, no change since this. I stopped by the base but could only see the one hut. The way this tower is positioned, the radio structures are hidden away...

I'm more curious about the SID/NID, because I keep hearing about how Legacy/NV Id's are different, but wonder if they're the same in an incumbent market.

Thanks for the very helpful explaination! I'm familiar with the GMO/ Ground Mount RRU(Full Build) scenarios. Unfortunately,  I cannot see anything other than an old Nextel Radio hut on the ground. (Old Nextel Site as well) This is a pic of the tower.

This is an older picture, no change since this. I stopped by the base but could only see the one hut. The way this tower is positioned, the radio structures are hidden away...

I'm more curious about the SID/NID, because I keep hearing about how Legacy/NV Id's are different, but wonder if they're the same in an incumbent market.

I don't see any NV equipment up there. Judging by the tower, there should be no issue making it a full build. Without seeing the base station, I would guess that this is still fully legacy. 

As far as the SID/NID stuff, last year Sprint consolidated the whole Missouri market into a new NID, all at once. Legacy sites included. So those don't really indicate much for an Ericsson market. Samsung markets seem to only change when a site gets NV equipment, but you're not Samsung :/

• 1 month later...

Posted ImagePosted Image

The first photo is a site that has been there since about the fall. It's very low to the ground, around 30 feet like the one in photo #2. They are side by side but the one in photo #2 was just constructed about a week ago, they were hooking up the fiber when I took the photo today. I'm positive that the 2nd photo is Sprint (nTelos in this case) but the 1st has always confused me as to what it is. Anyone able to tell from the photograph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first photo is a site that has been there since about the fall. It's very low to the ground, around 30 feet like the one in photo #2. They are side by side but the one in photo #2 was just constructed about a week ago, they were hooking up the fiber when I took the photo today. I'm positive that the 2nd photo is Sprint (nTelos in this case) but the 1st has always confused me as to what it is. Anyone able to tell from the photograph?

The top one kind of looks like some Nextel iDEN panels I saw that were installed very late in life as replacements or at new sites. Like post 2008. Do you see these often?

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The top one kind of looks like some Nextel iDEN panels I saw that were installed very late in life as replacements or at new sites. Like post 2008. Do you see these often?

There is one other place I've seen thin panels like that. But they're 2 panels side by side not single ones. It's about the same height too. That site has confused me as well.

The place where that photo was taken was a place where a year ago there was nothing. They were first put on an old telephone pole around fall, then transferred onto a "mini" tower as a permanent place shortly after.

Also looks a lot like what Sprint used to use (still does on some GMOs) in a few places near me.  Two ports at the bottom of a narrow, shallow unit.