Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced - Launch Date 4/11/14

illest_ios

MY s5 won't go through the hands free activation.  Are there any fixes for this or should sprint be able to do it manually.  I can still make calls and receive calls and I have data. 

MY s5 won't go through the hands free activation. Are there any fixes for this or should sprint be able to do it manually. I can still make calls and receive calls and I have data.

Sprint is experiencing provisioning errors nation wide. The only thing you can do is wait it out.

Sprint is experiencing provisioning errors nation wide. The only thing you can do is wait it out.

Thank you so much.  I just broke down and called them as well.  I will wait it out.  I still have data so not that big of a deal.  Awesome phone so far. 

I just got the SG5 and the signal improvement is phenomenal.  I would always lost connection in garage with SG3 at work, but no problem now.  Voice calls stay connected.  The 3rd level of my condo garage also keeps voice connection.  Is fantastic to have 800Mhz.

Was able to get up to near 60Mbps downtown KC (P&L District Sprint Store) but in Westport/Plaza area where I live, it's more like 15-20Mbps (indoors), which is still great.  The biggest downside is that Spark phones can't do voice/data at same time.  This is a major issue for me but will see how it goes.

Just got Google Fiber last weekend and SG5 today, what a nice week.

BTW, my Google Fiber review is here...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29157624-Google-Fiber-Kansas-City

Edited by TyrellCorpse
  • Like 4

Thank you so much.  I just broke down and called them as well.  I will wait it out.  I still have data so not that big of a deal.  Awesome phone so far. 

Mine finally activated.  Took about five hours of trying, but it's done.

Interested in hearing about RF performance. Anyone get the phone yet?

Sent from my LG-LS980

So far, 3G is about the same as my EVO LTE 4G that this replaced.  4G, however, is quite a bit better on the S5, maybe 8-10 db better.  It acquires and hangs onto 4G way better in my limited testing so far.

Samsung S5 beats the HTC M8 by 5db on B25.  S5 sitting on -68 to -70 versus M8 sitting on -74 to -75.

The Nexus 5 sitting on -69 and LG2 sitting at -74 to -75.  All test done at store using SignalCheck.

Traded by M8 for S5 today.   ;)

UWSQQ5w.png

• Like 5

Samsung S5 beats the HTC M8 by 5db on B25. S5 sitting on -68 to -70 versus M8 sitting on -74 to -75.

The Nexus 5 sitting on -69 and LG2 sitting at -74 to -75. All test done at store using SignalCheck.

Traded by M8 for S5 today. ;)

That's what I am talking about! I figured Samsung would be good at RF performance.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

So on some info sheets I saw about the s5 it still says simultaneous wifi/LTE booster. Maybe this feature will be enabled at either a later date. Or is hidden.

So on some info sheets I saw about the s5 it still says simultaneous wifi/LTE booster. Maybe this feature will be enabled at either a later date. Or is hidden.

Doubt it....an article came out the last day or two saying it wouldn't be enabled on Sprint, Verizon or AT&T variants.  Tmo is the only one that has it, ironically.

Doubt it....an article came out the last day or two saying it wouldn't be enabled on Sprint, Verizon or AT&T variants.  Tmo is the only one that has it, ironically.

Yeah thats what i thought. But I wonder if people will be able to load it onto the phone , if so would it be considered illegal or bases to be kicked off of the network?

This phone is superb. The rf is a monster. Really close to my nexus 5

Couldn't believe it when i saw the performance myself.  First I had compared the S5 to the LG2, I was like damn 4-5db better. Finally got signalcheck on the N5 and saw the S5 was near identical on B25.  I will miss the build quality on the M8.   At least the M8 is near identical to the LG2.

How's cfsb issues? Any? Acquiring band 41? Easy? Thanks. Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I was in the east Bay Area in the Pleseanton mall but no B41 in that area yet. Although since many sites there are only 4G accepted I couldn't connect to LTE often and it would kick me out right away.

Gonna make time to go to the Modesto area and see if I can connect to B41 right away without lte only mode

I'll apologize in advance if this is a stupid question (and I say that because I have never owned an S3 or S4 previously to have any sort of previous-gen insight), but whether or not any of you have already found and bought a car dock for your S5, do you have any knowledge of whether it has a car/vehicle dock mode and what the presentation of it looks like?

How's cfsb issues? Any? Acquiring band 41? Easy? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I have no problem connect to B25 and I seem to get it in all the same places I got on my M7. However, I havent been seeing as much B41 as I thought I would and one tower that I know has B41 with "turbo" or enhanced backhaul on it, I cant seem to connect to it even after cycling airplane mode multiple times.