Tapatalk Questions

mikejeep

A couple of things I keep meaning to ask about..

I am no longer able to edit my posts in Tapatalk. It used to work great, but for the past several weeks, it gets stuck on "Processing..." when I click modify. It still works on other sites, but I don't think any of them are running IP Board. Am I the only one having this issue? Happens on my EVO LTE and Nexus 5.

Is it possible to add the 'Phones' and 'Location' fields to the user profile screen in Tapatalk? I find this information to be very useful when trying to help out other users. I know that custom fields can be added for other forum software, not sure about IP Board.

Thanks!

-Mike

• Like 1

A couple of things I keep meaning to ask about..

I am no longer able to edit my posts in Tapatalk. It used to work great, but for the past several weeks, it gets stuck on "Processing..." when I click modify. It still works on other sites, but I don't think any of them are running IP Board. Am I the only one having this issue? Happens on my EVO LTE and Nexus 5.

Is it possible to add the 'Phones' and 'Location' fields to the user profile screen in Tapatalk? I find this information to be very useful when trying to help out other users. I know that custom fields can be added for other forum software, not sure about IP Board.

Thanks!

-Mike

I have the same problem with editing, but only from my Nexus 5. I can edit easily from other devices. Editing works great on my Note 8.0 tablet. A new Tapatalk extension update came out recently. I hope to upgrade it soon. Hopefully it will solve the edit problem, but I am skeptical. Since for me it was only for the N5, I assumed it was a Tapatalk problem with 4.4, the N5 or ART. But now you are reporting a problem with a device with none of these items on it, so I don't know what to think now.

As for Phones and Location, it was not possible to add that in Tapatalk with the last update. I will check if it becomes possible with the new update. Tapatalk hasn't ever liked custom profile fields in the past. They only code in the standard ones IP Board requires. And have not allowed any customization with profiles before. I hope they change this. It would be incredibly helpful for us!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I have the same problem with editing, but only from my Nexus 5. I can edit easily from other devices. Editing works great on my Note 8.0 tablet. A new Tapatalk extension update came out recently. I hope to upgrade it soon. Hopefully it will solve the edit problem, but I am skeptical. Since for me it was only for the N5, I assumed it was a Tapatalk problem with 4.4, the N5 or ART. But now you are reporting a problem with a device with none of these items on it, so I don't know what to think now.

As for Phones and Location, it was not possible to add that in Tapatalk with the last update. I will check if it becomes possible with the new update. Tapatalk hasn't ever liked custom profile fields in the past. They only code in the standard ones IP Board requires. And have not allowed any customization with profiles before. I hope they change this. It would be incredibly helpful for us!

Thanks Robert! Now that I think of it, the editing problem probably goes back to summertime for my EVO LTE. It still works on XDA (non-IP Board), so I figured that IP Board changed something that didn't agree with Tapatalk. One very important piece of the puzzle I failed to mention is that I'm running the paid version of Tapatalk 2.4.13. I don't like v4 at all, but my refusal to update could be part of the problem.

The Tapatalk folks hinted here that custom profile fields should be visible, but I know that isn't a guarantee.

Keep up the great work Robert, I know running a board isn't easy, and you put a ridiculous amount of time into providing tremendous content as well! Much appreciated :)

-Mike

• Like 1

Can't edit with my s3 using Tapatalk 4. Been like that for awhile.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I can't keep up with the versions but the latest one on Google Play works fine at editing. I hate the layout as it wastes space but it does let you edit.

I am installing the new Tapatalk plugin right now.  Tapatalk might not work correctly, or at all, for the next 10 minutes or so.

Robert

• Like 2

OK, I have upgraded to the latest Tapatalk plug in. And I even update my Tapatalk app to the latest version, but I am still unable to edit from my Nexus 5. Darn.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OK, I have upgraded to the latest Tapatalk plug in. And I even update my Tapatalk app to the latest version, but I am still unable to edit from my Nexus 5. Darn.

Fixing the problem may be an ART, not a science.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how to turn off these image previews? I don't see the settings for it.

Posted Image

I'm trying to figure that out too. It's driving me bonkers!

• Like 1

Is there a way to log in to tapatalk via twitter? That's how I do it on my computer and tapatalk isn't recognizing me

I don't believe so. Many people have created new non Twitter linked S4GRU accounts and then have me merge them with their old one so they can be able to use Tapatalk.

I'm trying to figure that out too. It's driving me bonkers!

Bonkers!! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the Miller lite pic and this one

gy4ava6u.jpg

I feel like it just appeared one day without updating Tapatalk. So is it on the server end?

Bonkers!! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the Miller lite pic and this one

Posted Image

I feel like it just appeared one day without updating Tapatalk. So is it on the server end?

I use Tapatalk a dozen times a day. I remember exactly when they appeared. It is not because of anything we did. I hate it. I need to check with Tapatalk and find out what happened.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Does anyone else have problems with the Tapatalk app always displaying the quotes coding and not actually separating the quotes?

Ok never mind.. Apparently this is a known but ignored problem

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/something-is-wrong-with-quote-tags.23840/page-2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't have that issue. You do know Tapatalk HD is discontinued right? The free version always did work better. I say this having paid for the HD version myself! :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk