Clear site upgrade in KC

xrayman

Yesterday I noticed workers up on a tower out in the south part of the KC area. 

I took some photos that show what must be an upgrade to TD-LTE at the Clear site.

Bill

What you have marked as an OLD RRH appears to be the new RRH as well.

What you have marked as an OLD RRH appears to be the new RRH as well.

Ok good to know, I am no expert, just posted what I could see. The one on the right looked different, I guess it is mounted differently. This is the second week they have been working at that site.

Last week I could see large black cables on the ground around the equipment cabinets. What could that be used for? New hybrid power & signal cables to connect up the tower to the new RRUs?

Ok good to know, I am no expert, just posted what I could see. The one on the right looked different, I guess it is mounted differently. This is the second week they have been working at that site.

Last week I could see large black cables on the ground around the equipment cabinets. What could that be used for? New hybrid power & signal cables to connect up the tower to the new RRUs?

Appears to be just an angle issue, you can compare here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4344-how-to-spot-sprint-td-lte-antennas-rrus-samsung/

Yeah, they're probably swapping out the coaxial cable for new Optiplex cable. Better at carrying signal.