Nexus 5 Accessories

smorcy11

I took a leap as well. Ordered this one - [NEW RELEASE] RINGKE SLIM® Google Nexus 5 Case [sF BLACK] SUPER SLIM + SF COATED + PERFECT FIT Premium Hard Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 [AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Unlocked, ECO Package]

http://amzn.com/B00EPLTC1I

I find it humorous that there are reviews on the cases, people actually talking about how well it fit their Nexus 5.

Hmm......

• Like 1

I am probably going to make a Blues logo cutout for mine. Or a pic of my family.

Has anyone heard anything(good or bad) about the QI brand wireless charging mats?

I'd like to know myself.

It was also said on the day the Nexus came out (by TheVerge and Engadget) that Google would release a wireless charging pad that day but I haven't seen anything...?

Thanks for the heads up, but I will stick with Amazon. Not really a HUUUGE deal to make me go out of my comfort zone.

I want a charging mat that can charge a nexus 7 and nexus 5 simultaneously, without either device sliding off.

Included BT Speaker dock would be an ideal option too.

I've always loved those type of hybrid cases but i can't stand the kickstand. 

And btw, they sell those for 8.50 on eBay....

I was gonna get this one as well but clear TPU tends to change color after about a month of use, I guess due to the oils and dirt on your hands, but it's still a great deal though.  

how do these "leather" cases hold up? Buddy had a differrent brand leather case for his iphone and it started peeling around the edges after a couple months

how do these "leather" cases hold up? Buddy had a differrent brand leather case for his iphone and it started peeling around the edges after a couple months

My material of choice when it comes to cases is tpu, this is the first time I have used a tpu/leather hybrid.  I just got it in the mail a few moments ago and the entire case is tpu with the leather portion glued to the back of it.  I am not rough on phones so for me it should last a while.

After looking at the Nexus 5 and the iBolt car mount, there's one minor problem: Google flipped the micro USB port on the Nexus 5, so the supplied cable in the Blackberry version is backwards and thus sticks out oddly from the bottom.

I just found the right cable on Amazon for $5 with free shipping, so I'm still ahead $10 from buying the "real" universal mount, but it's still mildly annoying.

Would you mind sharing pics of your phone in the case?  I am debating between the 2 you are talking about.  

Ive had the device activated since 6pm yesterday. Initial thoughts:

• Very solid feeling device, and very light
  • Screen is pretty nice, i like the increased resolution vs my Evo LTE
  • Battery goes in 5% intervals, which makes it feel like it drains faster
  • I made a phone call and it was EXTREMELY clear, best sounding call ive ever had on Sprint
  • I can confirm the device will not connect to LTE
  • Kitkat is very fast, and the device is much faster than my Evo LTE. going back to the Evo feels like Slo-Mo
  • I need to find a different case, i have the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and it is way to bulky, i will probably pick up a Diztronic case

Would you mind sharing pics of your phone in the case?  I am debating between the 2 you are talking about.  

I will see if i can. I can say that the hard plastic "bumper" is not the greatest feeling. I have a Diztronic case on the Evo LTE and its quite different going to a hard case.

• Like 1

I will see if i can. I can say that the hard plastic "bumper" is not the greatest feeling. I have a Diztronic case on the Evo LTE and its quite different going to a hard case.

I have the diztronic on my Galaxy nexus now, but was thinking of getting a more secure case.

Ive had the device activated since 6pm yesterday. Initial thoughts:

• I need to find a different case, i have the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and it is way to bulky, i will probably pick up a Diztronic case

This is one of my problems with 90% of the cases. They take a great feeling phone, and make it bulky and cheap feeling. There's some good conversation on the "accessories" thread.