LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Finally B41 at work, not great but it's a start.

Coming from the same tower that gives me my B25/B26. :) Does this mean it's a 8T8R site? Had to have been turned on this evening as it wasn't on this afternoon.

Sent from my Nexus 5

PLMN is 310 120 so yes Sprint B41, also your signal is very weak but your still getting good speeds. Power of B41.

• Like 2

PLMN is 310 120 so yes Sprint B41, also your signal is very weak but your still getting good speeds. Power of B41.

Awesome, now if only the clear site by my house was this good, currently having issues with Comcast so I have been on B41 exclusively with speeds around 4-10Mbps. :P

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hello i have a question or two to ask...i have a family member Who lives right under a former clear wire site and i can verify this because i had a wimax s2...but question is when it gets converted over to sprint...will he get sprint service even though his apartment is led coated..

Hello i have a question or two to ask...i have a family member Who lives right under a former clear wire site and i can verify this because i had a wimax s2...but question is when it gets converted over to sprint...will he get sprint service even though his apartment is led coated..

Well it depends, if the site has WiMAX, there is a good chance it will also have LTE, so the signals should be same. Now for voice calling, unless the building is co-located with Sprint equipment, his calls will be routed to another tower.

will he get sprint service even though his apartment is led coated..

Is that LED or OLED?  Does he live inside a jumbotron?

AJ

• Like 4

will he get sprint service even though his apartment is led coated..

Oh, wait, is it Samsung AMOLED?  Maybe he lives inside a Galaxy Note handset.  Those things are ridiculously huge.

AJ

• Like 5

Well its lead coated and it got full service inside and i live in east brunswick new jersey where my service is ok at best and i m using boost mobile and i dont get lte....so its over estimated coverage but voice coverage has greatly improved and what's strange is that 1X has a higher dBm ratoo than evdo...that's strange....i ll let others chime in i m very curious...

Is he afraid superman is going to find him

Well it depends, if the site has WiMAX, there is a good chance it will also have LTE, so the signals should be same. Now for voice calling, unless the building is co-located with Sprint equipment, his calls will be routed to another tower.

AJ

Well its lead coated...

Oh, so it is lead, not LED.

Along those same lines, did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?  Just out of curiosity...

chris-farley-tommy-boy.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

Well its lead coated and it got full service inside and i live in east brunswick new jersey where my service is ok at best and i m using boost mobile and i dont get lte....so its over estimated coverage but voice coverage has greatly improved and what's strange is that 1X has a higher dBm ratoo than evdo...that's strange....i ll let others chime in i m very curious...    

Ah cool, you should be fine then. Why don't you switch over to Sprint and get a Spark phone? Or I believe Boost has some as well now.

Ah cool, you should be fine then. Why don't you switch over to Sprint and get a Spark phone? Or I believe Boost has some as well now.

I had issue with sprint and I had to cancel my contact I have a LG volt and there is a triband lte tower in town...just one tower and the rest of the area is just 3g the lte coverage is just over exaggerated ...lol

I know this has been asked before, but I am curious if there has been any indication as of late about Sprint planning on increasing site density in completed markets, especially with the 2.5 deployment? Not so much in purely urban areas, but more so in suburban and exurban areas I feel like it is needed in many markets. There have been 3-4 new towers put up in my area and they all look to be for VZW or AT&T. Im hoping sprint can jump on a few of them too as it would improve signal substantially in many areas around here.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

I know this has been asked before, but I am curious if there has been any indication as of late about Sprint planning on increasing site density in completed markets, especially with the 2.5 deployment? Not so much in purely urban areas, but more so in suburban and exurban areas I feel like it is needed in many markets. There have been 3-4 new towers put up in my area and they all look to be for VZW or AT&T. Im hoping sprint can jump on a few of them too as it would improve signal substantially in many areas around here.

I am betting end of 2015. Or late 2015 at least. They need to get spark deployed in most major cities in each market, then focus on expansion sites and having higher cell density.

I hope so. Our site spacing is pretty terrible, at least in the suburbs that make up the majority of the city.

• Like 1

I hope so. Our site spacing is pretty terrible, at least in the suburbs that make up the majority of the city.

do you at least have lte lol still most of my town doesn't have it and my area is still 3G and also the voice coverage has improved a bit...still no SMR voice or lte

Does anyone knows when Robert will update the network vision running list? I understand he is busy with work, but the list hasn't been updated since September.

Thanks

I hear he mentioned it in the NV Running List comment thread this week.  :)

• Like 6

I've been having slow speeds from band 41 here in Austin Texas. It's just concerning to me as I expect much more from this "new" network. I checked that I was connected to band 41 in my iPhone's field test and performed a speed test. The result: 4.20 MBPS down and 5.80 MBPS up. I had 4 bars. It's just disappointing. Will this get any better?

I've been having slow speeds from band 41 here in Austin Texas. It's just concerning to me as I expect much more from this "new" network. I checked that I was connected to band 41 in my iPhone's field test and performed a speed test. The result: 4.20 MBPS down and 5.80 MBPS up. I had 4 bars. It's just disappointing. Will this get any better?

Good chance that you were connected to a Clear WiMax site that hasn't had a fiber backhaul upgrade yet. Clear sites with fiber have seen speeds up to 80Mbps.

Good chance that you were connected to a Clear WiMax site that hasn't had a fiber backhaul upgrade yet. Clear sites with fiber have seen speeds up to 80Mbps.

That's more or less what I am seeing from my home tower, max of around 20Mbps in the dead of the night. So it's obviously a Clear site, the one by my work however at around ~100dBm I can pull 40Mbps haven't gotten the chance to test at a better dBm. So if this is how things will eventually be I will be very happy.

That's more or less what I am seeing from my home tower, max of around 20Mbps in the dead of the night. So it's obviously a Clear site,

Well, it *might* be a Clear site.

A number of Sprint-only sites also go live with Band 41, but without backhaul fully present. (We've got two here, and they roughly match the performance you describe. Definitely not clear sites, since Clear never had service on/near them)

But either way, backhaul will increase that speed eventually.