LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

0B746801

0B69E53A

0B69E532

0B746804

It looks like like a mini micro and an 8t8r the mini micro is probably used as the DAS they normally replace clearwire sites. They probably are using 6 carriers just so the 8t8r goes a little farther without interference. With such a low GCI for the 8t8r the site number is most likely very early. Some one would have to create a spreadsheet to be sure.

There is no DAS at the stadium…also driving by, it appeared that the signals were all coming from the same site...do you mean an 8T8R and a mini macro at the same site broadcasting on different frequencies?

There is no DAS at the stadium…also driving by, it appeared that the signals were all coming from the same site...do you mean an 8T8R and a mini macro at the same site broadcasting on different frequencies?

I don't have enough information to tell which site they are from. I am only saying that 0B746801 are normally 8t8r or it may be a triband site and the 0B69E532 is normally mini macro. It would be strange for them to be at the same site unless it was a triband and a mini macro the problem is triband second carrier is normally 0A instead of 04. A reason to go triband and mini maro could be price (I don't know the price difference) but I think it would be strange near a stadium.

I don't have enough information to tell which site they are from. I am only saying that 0B746801 are normally 8t8r or it may be a triband site and the 0B69E532 is normally mini macro. It would be strange for them to be at the same site unless it was a triband and a mini macro the problem is triband second carrier is normally 0A instead of 04. A reason to go triband and mini maro could be price (I don't know the price difference) but I think it would be strange near a stadium.

Makes sense, and yeah, kind of a weird setup for the Seahawks stadium...maybe simone else can weigh in with more ideas as to what is going on here...

Btw, I found the first split sector B41 site in the SF market. Has at least 4 B41 carriers.

2cdb6e9efd99b206da885e40bd8a6c33.jpg

1d3fb0db8c9f2eb3fc5c129f80c5adbe.jpg

649bcef806909df9a108067cc1f4b4a0.jpg

82e4245be9877bdb138c4d3b1b28c7c0.jpg

GCI endings of 0C, 0D, 0E for one of the carriers. I might be able to dig up more in my logs.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Just thinking outloud, but why does would Sprint keep adding only 20MHz carriers.  In tech industry, you need to change things in order of magnitude, so while we start with 1 20MHz B41.  Adding second carrier doubled the bandwidth.  3rd carrier only increased it by 50% (and even less when you factor in B26 and 2xB25).  So my question is this.

Why isn't the third B41 carrier 40MHz?  Why have 6 B41 carriers each 20 Mhz instead of fewer 40 MHz or 60MHz carriers?

Because you can't. The TDD carriers are broken up into 20mhz chunks.

Wait, I thought band 41 was all 4x2?

It's supposed to be. I asked about that recently too, because when the third B41 carrier came online in NOLA, all three carriers changed to 2x2.

That depends upon how much bandwidth/power each antenna chain can handle.  But if each antenna chain is limited to a single 20 MHz FDD carrier, then 8T8R = 4x 2T2R.

AJ

• Like 1

Wait, I thought band 41 was all 4x2?

All B41 has been 2x2 according to that app since I started using it. Which was right around mid-summer, when the third carrier was rolling out. On T-Mobile I know it shows the correct MIMO information. So it's either a bug with the app, or if it showed 4x2 previously, then Sprint actually downgraded to 2x2 for some reason.

It's a pretty neat app, let's you are carrier bandwidths on Nexus devices for example (you need root though). You can look at the MIMO transmode to figure out if a site is triband or not (in Pittsburgh they don't denote it with a different GCI ending, and I think based on that split sector site in SF that they're eliminating that indicator of triband sites all together). If you ever see TM8, then it's an 8T8R antenna.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1