•  

Photo

How to Spot Clearwire TDD-LTE / Wimax Antennas & RRUs (Huawei)

clearwire huawei wimax td-lte sprint softbank

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 shaferz

shaferz

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 6 Plus 64gb
  • LocationFairbury, IL

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

Same thing I was thinking. Really did not look like a 'standard' sprint setup to me. There are multiple companies (maybe all?) that now mount RRU's up top, so that isn't really a good way to 'spot' sprint stuff any longer.

Errrrr... Just zoomed in closer. Now I see. Second from the top definitely looks like Clear equipment I've seen.

#82 Dkoellerwx

Dkoellerwx

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,579 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G5, LG G4, LG G3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5 , HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO LTE, EVO 3D
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:37 AM

Same thing I was thinking. Really did not look like a 'standard' sprint setup to me. There are multiple companies (maybe all?) that now mount RRU's up top, so that isn't really a good way to 'spot' sprint stuff any longer.

Errrrr... Just zoomed in closer. Now I see. Second from the top definitely looks like Clear equipment I've seen.

I did not see the antenna between the two main tiers before. Still can't say for sure that's Clear, but definitely a possibility.

Sent from my LG G4
David

FB.png TW.png GPLUS.png

The views expressed on this forum do not represent the views of KRBK-TV or Koplar Communications.

#83 RAvirani

RAvirani

Cali Swag

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Not Telling
  • LocationProbably by the food (the food is in Seattle)

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

Actually..... That's what they're doing with the Huawei clearwire sites that they must completely decommission by the end of this year... ....

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I feel like this has been answered - at least vaguely - but just to clarify, how will the range and performance on these new small cells compared to the old Clear Huwei equipment?

#84 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,595 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), GS8, GS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

I feel like this has been answered - at least vaguely - but just to clarify, how will the range and performance on these new small cells compared to the old Clear Huwei equipment?

Off Pretty much no difference. Same old antennas are used.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

#85 Dkoellerwx

Dkoellerwx

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,579 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G5, LG G4, LG G3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5 , HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO LTE, EVO 3D
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

If you look at the pictures Tim linked to in the Colorado thread, or one of the Ohio threads, you'll noticed that the mini-macro is mounted behind the old Clear antenna, so it's broadcasting pretty much the exact same signal, just 2 carriers instead of one. 

David

FB.png TW.png GPLUS.png

The views expressed on this forum do not represent the views of KRBK-TV or Koplar Communications.

#86 RAvirani

RAvirani

Cali Swag

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Not Telling
  • LocationProbably by the food (the food is in Seattle)

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

If you look at the pictures Tim linked to in the Colorado thread, or one of the Ohio threads, you'll noticed that the mini-macro is mounted behind the old Clear antenna, so it's broadcasting pretty much the exact same signal, just 2 carriers instead of one.

Well this is exciting. Sprint mostly operates a single carrier network in Seattle (just on old Clear Huwei equipment) so speeds should go through the roof with these swaps.

#87 orangeblue

orangeblue

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Phones/Devices:EVO 4G LTE
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Sprint has been really quick to remove WiMax equipment in Las Vegas and you see a lot of former co-lo's with empty racks spaces now. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clearwire, huawei, wimax, td-lte, sprint, softbank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users