Hello From Lynchburg VA

lburgdavid

Hey Everyone!

Long Time lurker here finally got around to registering for an account.

Sadly, I am in nTelos Territory and and currently am enjoying the blazing 3G speeds of 50k-100k day in and day out. 

While my market is no where near an NV improvements, the forum is fascinating for Columbus OH updates (where I used to live and where my parents live currently).

If nTelos ever gets around to upgrading their towers, I will happily report from my neck of the woods however until that happens... Thanks everyone for all the info!

• Like 4

Hey Everyone!

Sadly, I am in nTelos Territory and and currently am enjoying the blazing 3G speeds of 50k-100k day in and day out. 

While my market is no where near an NV improvements, the forum is fascinating for Columbus OH updates (where I used to live and where my parents live currently).

If nTelos ever gets around to upgrading their towers, I will happily report from my neck of the woods however until that happens... Thanks everyone for all the info!

Welcome! It's great to that you're a sponsor already and I hope you enjoy your time here.  :welcome:

• Like 2

First, :welcome:!

Second, let the Columbus market know when you come back this way. We'll show you around some NV sites and maybe grab a few drinks! :tu:

Hey Everyone!

Any nTelos activity you discover will be greatly appreciated.  We have next to nothing when it comes to nTelos info.

And welcome to S4GRU!  Did you move to Lynchburg to go to Liberty University?  I'm finishing up my degree at Liberty Online and my eldest son is enrolled at Liberty too.  Hope to see you around.

:welc:

Robert

• Like 1

Hey Everyone!

I know how you feel iburg, I'm in a market (Dakotas) where we are 67% NV completed right now, but since nothing has any backhaul yet (gee thanks Centurylink) we have ZERO LTE here and no real speed improvements on 3G yet. I'm looking forward to its arrival though!

• Like 1

Any nTelos activity you discover will be greatly appreciated.  We have next to nothing when it comes to nTelos info.

And welcome to S4GRU!  Did you move to Lynchburg to go to Liberty University?  I'm finishing up my degree at Liberty Online and my eldest son is enrolled at Liberty too.  Hope to see you around.

:welc:

Robert

Yup, went to school there to get my Undergrad in Information Systems and stuck around as they hired me on as a Data Analyst there. I'm working on my Masters in Information Systems and my wife is working her Masters in Education. 

Glad to see another LU Student around the net, however with 100k online students it makes sense I would run into one.  :-)

• Like 1

I know how you feel iburg, I'm in a market (Dakotas) where we are 67% NV completed right now, but since nothing has any backhaul yet (gee thanks Centurylink) we have ZERO LTE here and no real speed improvements on 3G yet. I'm looking forward to its arrival though!

I think it's a lowercase L, as in Lynchburg, Not "iburg"

I think it's a lowercase L, as in Lynchburg, Not "iburg"

Ahh, I was thinking it was an uppercase "i". But given that he lives in Lynchburg . . . that would make much more sense.

• 2 months later...

I went to college in Danville, VA and dated a girl from Liberty. It's a nice area. She actually worked there while she got her masters too. It's a great school, but dating a girl who goes there was a challenge. Ha.

I went to college in Danville, VA and dated a girl from Liberty. It's a nice area. She actually worked there while she got her masters too. It's a great school, but dating a girl who goes there was a challenge. Ha.

Exactly why my daughters will go there. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Exactly why my daughters will go there. ;)

Oh, I think that you are overlooking Bob Jones University.

;)

AJ

Has Ball So Hard University been ruled out?

Terrell Suggs?  No, Robert is more a fan of the Gospel according to Ray Lewis.  Preach, brother, preach...

AJ

Terrell Suggs? No, Robert is more a fan of the Gospel according to Ray Lewis. Preach, brother, preach...

AJ

I haven't spoke from the pulpit since 2009. But I think you would even enjoy my style of preaching. ;)

I haven't spoke from the pulpit since 2009. But I think you would even enjoy my style of preaching. ;)

I think he would too, who doesn't think this would be cool?

pulpit.jpg

• Like 1

I think he would too, who doesn't think this would be cool?

I use a tablet when I'm up there. Delivering announcements or doing the opening teaching. Pretty much the same. I also use a tablet for my bible. I don't think our new church likes that our family uses tablets as bibles. But no one has dared say anything yet. ;)

I don't think our new church likes that our family uses tablets as bibles. But no one has dared say anything yet. ;)

They might also be uncomfortable that a family from "Mexico" has joined the church.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Hello from the Tri-Cities (Bristol) which isn't to far off from the great City of Lynchburg.   :welcome: 

^No disrespect intended ;)

Does anyone ever show up in Lynchburg and ask for directions to the Jack Daniel's Distillery?

;)

AJ

45 miles west here in Roanoke on Sprint and I have the same blazing 100-400k 3g speeds (1M on occasion) and signal issues for my Nexus-5 as you do it in Lynchburg. Recently learned we are not an actual Sprint market (apparently using ntelos' towers :angry: )

Sent from my Up all Night Sleep all Day Nexus 5!

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png