LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I got my repaired phone back from LG.   The replaced the touch screen and it seems to be working fine.   I can't see any physical damage from them having it, so that's awesome.     I haven't activated it yet, but I'm getting a "Invalid card" error when I turn the phone on.  Hopefully that goes away once I activate it, if it lets me, because I'm ready to ditch this Note 2!

I think I will send my G2 out for repair soon. My GPS is terrible and my CPU stutters and makes music have delays and make strange sounds.

I'm hearing some people are having to put paper next to the GPS antenna to fix it...I would rather get it actually fixed.

My GPS has never worked right, not sense I got it. I tried the paper fix and everything possible but nothing worked. I added TEP during open enrollment in June but was in China for the summer so didn't get to use it until now when part of the touch screen went dead. The whole phone works better, and I have almost instant GPS locks even inside. I am soooo happy I'm not stuck with unusable GPS for another year or so. If you can exchange it, do it. It is a definite defect

Tommy

• Like 1

I think I will send my G2 out for repair soon. My GPS is terrible and my CPU stutters and makes music have delays and make strange sounds.

I'm hearing some people are having to put paper next to the GPS antenna to fix it...I would rather get it actually fixed.

My GPS has never worked right, not sense I got it. I tried the paper fix and everything possible but nothing worked. I added TEP during open enrollment in June but was in China for the summer so didn't get to use it until now when part of the touch screen went dead. The whole phone works better, and I have almost instant GPS locks even inside. I am soooo happy I'm not stuck with unusable GPS for another year or so. If you can exchange it, do it. It is a definite defect

Tommy

So my G2 may have gotten a little moisture in it golfing today (talking water splashing on the phone). How eff'd am I if only the speaker phone works, using the handset normally to use the phone I get nothing for voice out of both ends, and when I plug it in it shows a "slow charge"? It is sitting in rice right now, but the only issue I can diagnose is nothing audio from the phone unless it is speaker phone and it shows a slow charge.

Help! Any advice is appreciated.

You might be OK. I had a phone once where the mic and speaker stopped working after installing a Zagg screen protector; I used too much solution in the install. After letting the phone sit overnight, it was working by morning. I'd give it a day to dry and see if that helps.

Tommy

Weird thing is, my device had flawless GPS late last year/early this year.  It randomly crapped out when I was driving down to The Villages from Jacksonville.  It'd lose locks more than half the time I was driving...missed a few turns as a result and delayed my drive a little.  I'll let them tell me what's wrong with it.  I'm shipping it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Also, do we know what the hold up with Wi-Fi calling is with this device? The flex even has it now which means it definitely shouldn't be a hardware issue. I am even more anxious to get it with the announcement that it will be free internationally as well.

So I got my phone activated last night.  It was working fine, then it tried to update Sprint ID.   During the download process it would stop and say invalid card.   I now have, what appears to be, a memory card sign with a red exclamation point on the top of my screen.  I can't get it to go away.

I don't have Assurion insurance on the phone anymore, because it was quite expensive since I only broke my phones.   I ended up getting a Square Trade warranty since it was much cheaper for me.   Will Sprint still fix that issue in store, or will it cost me money?     I was offered insurance on the phone last night when they activated it, so if I have to get it for a month or w/e, I will.

So I got my phone activated last night. It was working fine, then it tried to update Sprint ID. During the download process it would stop and say invalid card. I now have, what appears to be, a memory card sign with a red exclamation point on the top of my screen. I can't get it to go away.

I don't have Assurion insurance on the phone anymore, because it was quite expensive since I only broke my phones. I ended up getting a Square Trade warranty since it was much cheaper for me. Will Sprint still fix that issue in store, or will it cost me money? I was offered insurance on the phone last night when they activated it, so if I have to get it for a month or w/e, I will.

you can do that just add the insurance and wait a couple of weeks and you won't have a problem, I have six lines and had insurance in one line and when one of the phones goes bad I just switch phones and take it to sprint two weeks later and get it fixed

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

you can do that just add the insurance and wait a couple of weeks and you won't have a problem, I have six lines and had insurance in one line and when one of the phones goes bad I just switch phones and take it to sprint two weeks later and get it fixed

Admitting insurance fraud on a public forum is probably a bad idea.
  • Like 1

is not insurance fraud because every line you connect you have the choice of adding insurance even if the phone is used. and you get charged two months of insurance when you add it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

You might be OK. I had a phone once where the mic and speaker stopped working after installing a Zagg screen protector; I used too much solution in the install. After letting the phone sit overnight, it was working by morning. I'd give it a day to dry and see if that helps.

I actually just turned it off and put it in a bag of rice and worked perfectly in the morning.

I had my G2 since it launched back in Nov 2013...never a problem.. Until the day back in May when my 2 year-old daughter decided to grab daddy's phone from the porch outside and take it swimming with her. I was working on my old 1974 Ford F100 and I happened to think "I don't have my phone, where did I leave it"..then it was that 'oh sh*t' moment...and when I looked at her, she had my phone just dowsing it up and down in water.

By the time I got to her, it was off already....and I tried taking it from the otterbox and putting in rice.....left it for 3-4 days.

So I left immediately and went to get a GS5...

I nearly cried because I LOVED my G2..

I figured it was ruined, so I let my daughter keep playing with it. Tried a couple times, like a month later, to plug it in and charge it...no luck. Wouldn't even flash any lights.

So, you'd think after 2 months of sitting and you plug it in, and nothing happens that the phone is a lost cause, right?

Apparently not. I picked it up yesterday, just happened to "find" it because I really didn't keep up with what my daughter has been using it for (she's used it as a hammer, carried it around, played with it while eating sticky sh*t...literally just abused it like a 2 year-old would abuse anything electronic).....

And I found it, so I decided to hit the power button. It hasn't been plugged up to anything since June...and when I hit power, it came on.

Granted it only had 3% battery...it still came on..

So I plugged it in and let it charge. Located the SIM tray and card that it had in it...reinserted it while it was charging...

It hit 100% charge and I turned it on. The phone still has my number in the programming, so it caused my G3 to freak out for a minute...but I put it in airplane mode, and it's been on since yesterday around 11am. Right now, it still shows 72% battery..

Check out how long it says is left on the battery:

Now what do I do with this thing??? I hate to keep it as a spare, it still seems to be a good phone, and everything works (camera, mic, speaker, etc). I just got an extra phone now, thanks to just by chance turning it on to see what it would do yesterday.

• Like 1

I actually just turned it off and put it in a bag of rice and worked perfectly in the morning.

I had my G2 since it launched back in Nov 2013...never a problem.. Until the day back in May when my 2 year-old daughter decided to grab daddy's phone from the porch outside and take it swimming with her. I was working on my old 1974 Ford F100 and I happened to think "I don't have my phone, where did I leave it"..then it was that 'oh sh*t' moment...and when I looked at her, she had my phone just dowsing it up and down in water.

By the time I got to her, it was off already....and I tried taking it from the otterbox and putting in rice.....left it for 3-4 days.

So I left immediately and went to get a GS5...

I nearly cried because I LOVED my G2..

I figured it was ruined, so I let my daughter keep playing with it. Tried a couple times, like a month later, to plug it in and charge it...no luck. Wouldn't even flash any lights.

So, you'd think after 2 months of sitting and you plug it in, and nothing happens that the phone is a lost cause, right?

Apparently not. I picked it up yesterday, just happened to "find" it because I really didn't keep up with what my daughter has been using it for (she's used it as a hammer, carried it around, played with it while eating sticky sh*t...literally just abused it like a 2 year-old would abuse anything electronic).....

And I found it, so I decided to hit the power button. It hasn't been plugged up to anything since June...and when I hit power, it came on.

Granted it only had 3% battery...it still came on..

So I plugged it in and let it charge. Located the SIM tray and card that it had in it...reinserted it while it was charging...

It hit 100% charge and I turned it on. The phone still has my number in the programming, so it caused my G3 to freak out for a minute...but I put it in airplane mode, and it's been on since yesterday around 11am. Right now, it still shows 72% battery..

Check out how long it says is left on the battery:

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-08-30-11-34-04.png

Now what do I do with this thing??? I hate to keep it as a spare, it still seems to be a good phone, and everything works (camera, mic, speaker, etc). I just got an extra phone now, thanks to just by chance turning it on to see what it would do yesterday.

What is the condition of it physically since your daughter had it?

Pretty darn good. It actually didn't hold her attention very long when she figured out that it wouldn't come on, so she would just pick it up, look at it and try to turn it on, then toss it wherever she could *luckily not in the tub or water again*....

• Like 1

Went last night to have Sprint look at my phone.   At one store a guy updated my prl and profile, then said it's fixed.   I just said thanks and walked away.   I knew that wasn't going to fix the problem, so I figured I'm best off going to a repair store.    A few minutes later my phone said 'invalid card' again.   I went over to a Sprint repair store, and the guy helping me did a 'network upgrade' where he reset the connection (something along those lines) and said it should work now.    I left and it worked for a whole 10 minutes before I got the error again.

Today I went back and told the guy I think it's the sim card, then another rep said 'yea, that's the sim card.'    They asked if it was the same one and I told them yes.    Everything checked out, so they gave me a new sim and it has been working great since.   

• Like 1

Pretty darn good. It actually didn't hold her attention very long when she figured out that it wouldn't come on, so she would just pick it up, look at it and try to turn it on, then toss it wherever she could *luckily not in the tub or water again*....

attachicon.gif 20140830_160119_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gif 20140830_160152_HDR.jpg

If I wasn't getting the next iphone in a few weeks, id probably take that of your hands so I could do some b41 locating.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Went last night to have Sprint look at my phone. At one store a guy updated my prl and profile, then said it's fixed. I just said thanks and walked away. I knew that wasn't going to fix the problem, so I figured I'm best off going to a repair store. A few minutes later my phone said 'invalid card' again. I went over to a Sprint repair store, and the guy helping me did a 'network upgrade' where he reset the connection (something along those lines) and said it should work now. I left and it worked for a whole 10 minutes before I got the error again.

Today I went back and told the guy I think it's the sim card, then another rep said 'yea, that's the sim card.' They asked if it was the same one and I told them yes. Everything checked out, so they gave me a new sim and it has been working great since.

Same thing happened to me when I got my M8, voice worked fine but data would drop bad then voice and data would drop, ended up having a replacement phone even though I told them it was a Sim card issue. Glad it's fixed for you though.
  • Like 1