LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

:) Just wanted you guys to know that SignalCheck Pro (version 4.22) is fixed for Band 41.

So, to help Mike,  what GCIs are your getting on Band 41 TD-LTE? 

In Columbus, all start with "0F", is that true for you?

Details on how to do this in emerging markets are in my signature below if you need them.

Thanks

• Like 2

So that brings a question about the Gs4-T. Did they pull all non triband s4's from the stores to ensure customers will get the triband version? Or will people buy the phone not knowing if it's tri band or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) Just wanted you guys to know that SignalCheck Pro (version 4.22) is fixed for Band 41.

So, to help Mike, what GCIs are your getting on Band 41 TD-LTE?

In Columbus, all start with "0F", is that true for you?

Details on how to do this in emerging markets are in my signature below if you need them.

Thanks

The lite version has always given me both. St.Louis starts "04"

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Airplane mode cuts off ALL radios.

That might be the default behavior when you first unbox the phone, but that doesn't necessarily mean it stays that way. Apps can change the list of radios to toggle when Airplane Mode is triggered. For example, if you use the Reset feature on SignalCheck, it sets this list to only reset the cellular radio when airplane mode is toggled. Other apps could change the list to include/exclude cell/BT/wifi as well.

Starting with Android 4.2, apps cannot change this list (or control airplane mode) unless the device is rooted.

-Mike

The lite version has always given me both. St.Louis starts "04"

He is referring to any LTE data showing up in SignalCheck, not just the GCI and PCI data. A bug was causing no LTE data to be showing in the app when in LTE-only mode, which is what most (all?) G2 users need to be on to connect to Band 41. That has been fixed in version 4.22, which is already out for Pro users, but won't be released for Lite until this weekend.

Do your Band 41 sites start with 04? Or is that Band 25? PM me a screenshot when you can.

-Mike

I'm in a pickle with what I should do with my G2....the nearest Sprint store (corp) is an hour away, on 280 in Bham....

Since Dec 15, we've had my 6 year-old niece in PICU at Children's Hospital and been driving by the Sprint store on the way to see her, needless to say, sadly, she almost died on Christmas day. She came up with Staph in both lungs, and a chest tube + ventilator + paralytics for +/- a week ...but thankfully she finally started doing better and we're not traveling up as much as we were...

But at any rate, I'm still seeing the awful sounding earpiece speaker. Speakerphone sounds excellent...if I plug in my HTC or Samsung earplugs...they sound excellent....bluetooth thing I got from State Farm in my vehicle....sounds great too for a vehicle btooth speaker...

But the earpiece...it's the holy grail of sounding like crap when I try to talk to someone. It's really been a tedious thing during this child being sick because I couldn't hear people when they would call asking me about her condition...and you can't always put people on speaker to discuss a child's condition...my kids would be listening or near and I would have one hell of a time trying to explain stuff or answer questions without my kids hearing it (I'm one of those who think children should not have to think about their mortality, and should be kids...and worry about "kid stuff")...to a certain age, obviously...

But, I wonder should I wait on this update, or go ahead and stop in the Sprint store on the way to see my niece today...

It's really somewhat of a hassle to get to the Sprint store because Bham traffic on 280 ranks some of the worst in the nation...and this is where the corp store is ....

Someone had the wise idea to put in these stupid "u-turn" lanes, so you can't just turn into a business from the opposite side of 280 anymore...you gotta go up to the U-turn light, turn around, then come back...

I wish the modem was leaked already so I could maybe see what happens when it's updated...so I know whether or not the phone gets better earpiece performance.  I gotta say, of all the phones I've had, this has been the worst as far as a single problem that causes issue with calls....

Luckily, for me, when there isn't a kid in PICU in critical condition for nearly two weeks, I never use my phone to talk...the occasional phone call for my computer/laptop repair is all I might use...if I had more time spent speaking on a phone..I guess this would've needed a solution sooner...

I'm in a pickle with what I should do with my G2....the nearest Sprint store (corp) is an hour away, on 280 in Bham....

Since Dec 15, we've had my 6 year-old niece in PICU at Children's Hospital and been driving by the Sprint store on the way to see her, needless to say, sadly, she almost died on Christmas day. She came up with Staph in both lungs, and a chest tube + ventilator + paralytics for +/- a week ...but thankfully she finally started doing better and we're not traveling up as much as we were...

But at any rate, I'm still seeing the awful sounding earpiece speaker. Speakerphone sounds excellent...if I plug in my HTC or Samsung earplugs...they sound excellent....bluetooth thing I got from State Farm in my vehicle....sounds great too for a vehicle btooth speaker...

But the earpiece...it's the holy grail of sounding like crap when I try to talk to someone. It's really been a tedious thing during this child being sick because I couldn't hear people when they would call asking me about her condition...and you can't always put people on speaker to discuss a child's condition...my kids would be listening or near and I would have one hell of a time trying to explain stuff or answer questions without my kids hearing it (I'm one of those who think children should not have to think about their mortality, and should be kids...and worry about "kid stuff")...to a certain age, obviously...

But, I wonder should I wait on this update, or go ahead and stop in the Sprint store on the way to see my niece today...

It's really somewhat of a hassle to get to the Sprint store because Bham traffic on 280 ranks some of the worst in the nation...and this is where the corp store is ....

Someone had the wise idea to put in these stupid "u-turn" lanes, so you can't just turn into a business from the opposite side of 280 anymore...you gotta go up to the U-turn light, turn around, then come back...

I wish the modem was leaked already so I could maybe see what happens when it's updated...so I know whether or not the phone gets better earpiece performance.  I gotta say, of all the phones I've had, this has been the worst as far as a single problem that causes issue with calls....

Luckily, for me, when there isn't a kid in PICU in critical condition for nearly two weeks, I never use my phone to talk...the occasional phone call for my computer/laptop repair is all I might use...if I had more time spent speaking on a phone..I guess this would've needed a solution sooner...

Have you tried calling Sprint? Maybe they can work out a swap where you don't have to drive to the store?

Yeah, I spoke to them about it, briefly...I was sorta hard-pressed for time when I called that day, and they gave me the generic "you'll need to bring your device in, you have the insurance...etc"...so I didn't really push the matter.

There used to be extenuating circumstances that allowed Technical Support to send out Advanced Exchange phones to users who were far away from a Sprint store. I do not know if those are still available, or what the requirements are if it is.

This is separate from how TS could order AE phones for anyone in the past, this was implemented AFTER they were unable to do replacements anymore and instead send everyone into a store for replacements, but instituted for those areas that were over an hour away from a store since it wasn't feasible.

• Like 1

Repair Stores can order a Advanced exchange directly to your house with return kit so you do not have to make a second trip in to the store. But they will not order it without the phone first coming in and getting looked out.

Repair Stores can order a Advanced exchange directly to your house with return kit so you do not have to make a second trip in to the store. But they will not order it without the phone first coming in and getting looked out.

My father has a 2 month old HTC one with a broken mic. It is under warranty but he does not have insurance. Sprint told him either buy insurance and they would swap it for a small fee of around 75 bucks or he could send it into HTC himself. They would not furnish a loner phone. What great service. He went to a factory Sprint store. So they either force you to buy insurance and then commit fraud or mail it to HTC and continue paying your bill until they send one back. He went the mail route and I activated an old phone for him but with that said for a company that has the network issues Sprint does they can't afford to treat customers that way. The problem was not his fault it was just a defective phone. Never before has Sprint ever given me this kind of trouble with a warranty swap. With T-Mobile announcing their new deal and actually having reliable let in Cleveland I am seriously now considering jumping ship. I have had 4 phones with Sprint since 2001 and recently added a 5th. This is not acceptable service.

My father has a 2 month old HTC one with a broken mic. It is under warranty but he does not have insurance. Sprint told him either buy insurance and they would swap it for a small fee of around 75 bucks or he could send it into HTC himself. They would not furnish a loner phone. What great service. He went to a factory Sprint store. So they either force you to buy insurance and then commit fraud or mail it to HTC and continue paying your bill until they send one back. ... The problem was not his fault it was just a defective phone ...

Not sure what you were expecting from Sprint; if he doesn't have a service plan, the problem falls back on the warranty, which is provided by HTC. That is standard, and not a deficiency on Sprint's part.

For example, pretend you buy a Sony TV from Best Buy that has a 1-year warranty, and you don't add on a service plan. 8 months after you buy it, it fails. You then need to contact Sony, not Best Buy. And neither Best Buy or Sony is expected to pay your cable bill in the meantime.

S4GRU is not Sprint. If you want to complain, contact them. I'm sure your individual situation is frustrating to you, but we're not here take complaints. Feel free to try T-Mobile, but they likely would have treated your situation the same way.

-Mike

• Like 4

My father has a 2 month old HTC one with a broken mic. It is under warranty but he does not have insurance. Sprint told him either buy insurance and they would swap it for a small fee of around 75 bucks or he could send it into HTC himself. They would not furnish a loner phone. What great service. He went to a factory Sprint store. So they either force you to buy insurance and then commit fraud or mail it to HTC and continue paying your bill until they send one back. He went the mail route and I activated an old phone for him but with that said for a company that has the network issues Sprint does they can't afford to treat customers that way. The problem was not his fault it was just a defective phone. Never before has Sprint ever given me this kind of trouble with a warranty swap. With T-Mobile announcing their new deal and actually having reliable let in Cleveland I am seriously now considering jumping ship. I have had 4 phones with Sprint since 2001 and recently added a 5th. This is not acceptable service.

This is standard behavior for all carriers. They don't sell insurance just so you can get the same service without buying the insurance.

Sprint doesn't make phones. HTC does. Your problem is the manufacturers defect, not Sprints.

• Like 3

The other noticeable bug I hope gets fixed is the camera widget on the lockscreen.  Very annoying bug and looks hideous.

Yep I have that bug too. There is also a bug with the responsiveness sometimes. There are lots of times when I'm doing something and my phone gets too responsive. Like if I push a letter or number it does it 2-4 times on one push. Also the phone sometimes has a mind of its own if its charging and your trying to use it. It doesn't always happen but it does. I even confirmed the same problem on my friend's G2 from Sprint. I don't care what anyone says there is a GPS issue also. And this is still far from the best phone to make a call on. Other than these problems everything is good. I didn't know this phone had direct connect on it. If anyone wants to try out direct connect hit me up.

• Like 1

Try out direct connect how? Last I checked in the play store, you couldn't download the direct connect now app, which is what you need to be able to do that. Unless it's been added to the very short list of compatible devices in the last couple weeks....

Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk

Yep I have that bug too. There is also a bug with the responsiveness sometimes. There are lots of times when I'm doing something and my phone gets too responsive. Like if I push a letter or number it does it 2-4 times on one push. Also the phone sometimes has a mind of its own if its charging and your trying to use it. It doesn't always happen but it does. I even confirmed the same problem on my friend's G2 from Sprint. I don't care what anyone says there is a GPS issue also. And this is still far from the best phone to make a call on. Other than these problems everything is good. I didn't know this phone had direct connect on it. If anyone wants to try out direct connect hit me up.

My phone does the same withing with the responsiveness. Sometimes I will pull my phone out of my pocket, and the camera will be open. That is also annoying. Another bug I have noticed, the keyboard sometimes has huge troubles opening, and sometimes the camera doesn't work on snapchat... I do like this phone, however, and everything else seems to be good on mine.

• Like 1

Try out direct connect how? Last I checked in the play store, you couldn't download the direct connect now app, which is what you need to be able to do that. Unless it's been added to the very short list of compatible devices in the last couple weeks....

look for the app direct connect now. Its live in the play store now and it works with the G2 and Note 3

• Like 1

Cool...I got it and set it up, but don't have anyone right now with dc...wonder if they'll add the HTC one...anyway, we can trade numbers and try it out tomorrow, my daughter is sleeping beside me so I can't make too much noise. Glad you told me about it, I had been watching and checking every month or so.

Cool I will set mine up in the morning and we can get some tests going.  :tu:

Cool...I got it and set it up, but don't have anyone right now with dc...wonder if they'll add the HTC one...anyway, we can trade numbers and try it out tomorrow, my daughter is sleeping beside me so I can't make too much noise. Glad you told me about it, I had been watching and checking every month or so.