HTC possible Merger or buyout from Chinese?

kckid

I said a year ago that within two years htc will have to merge with someone if they plan on surviving much longer and as of now I still feel the same way.  It would be nice if google can come in and buy them out which is unlikely but would be nice. 

• Like 1

I kind of want Google to scoop them up and make them the nexus creators from now on with an occasional flagship here and there. I don't want ZTE or another one of those lowly operators to pick them up. HTC has more presence in the states than ZTE.

• Like 1

I said a year ago that within two years htc will have to merge with someone if they plan on surviving much longer and as of now I still feel the same way.  It would be nice if google can come in and buy them out which is unlikely but would be nice. 

Not really sure where google would have a need for HTC after it bought out Motorola.  

• Like 1

well if HTC goes Chinese then I am definitely going either Samsung or Nexus

While I am usually anti chinese, a buyout from Lenovo could be perfect. Remember, Lenovo produced laptops for IBM for years before buying out the unit. Lenovo could enable HTC to move beyond cell phones and tablets.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, at this point I am afraid that there isn't anything htc can do to stop the bleeding.  Obviously they have a lot of internal issues that has cost them quite a bit over the years.  I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able come up with a miracle to get themselves out of the whole they dug themselves in.

• Like 2

Yeah, at this point I am afraid that there isn't anything htc can do to stop the bleeding. Obviously they have a lot of internal issues that has cost them quite a bit over the years. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that they will be able come up with a miracle to get themselves out of the whole they dug themselves in.

Definitely. I can't stand to see them losing to Samsung. It disappoints me because I see HTC as having the better product. Samsung really stole the show with the GS3 last year and as a result, they cab push out anything and people will love it, similar to the iPhone! Samsung's followers are getting to be worst than Apple's.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope this doesn't happen.  I wish HTC would have realized that there marketing sucked, naming schemes are jacked and piss poor advertising surely are a large factor.  Day one with my One at work I was told by a coworker that AT&T had the one for free, they were talking about one of last years models.  Another coworker asked me if I used facebook so much that I needed the facebook phone (HTC First.)  I am the only person I know locally that even has a One, and I think that is due to marketing.

Motorola I need you to release some bad ass phones for a carrier other than VZW if this happens.

I really hope this doesn't happen.  I wish HTC would have realized that there marketing sucked, naming schemes are jacked and piss poor advertising surely are a large factor.  Day one with my One at work I was told by a coworker that AT&T had the one for free, they were talking about one of last years models.  Another coworker asked me if I used facebook so much that I needed the facebook phone (HTC First.)  I am the only person I know locally that even has a One, and I think that is due to marketing.

Motorola I need you to release some bad ass phones for a carrier other than VZW if this happens.

I do find their naming scheme very strange. Especially when they released the One X last year, and this years flagship is the ONE. It's just very strange, considering they wanted to undo their mistake with the One X and all it's variants. They should have gone with another name, helps differentiate the lines. It ultimately confuses people, the ONE, One X, One S, One V, etc,.

Also I would like to see more Moto on other carriers too.

-Luis

• Like 1

I do find their naming scheme very strange. Especially when they released the One X last year, and this years flagship is the ONE. It's just very strange, considering they wanted to undo their mistake with the One X and all it's variants. They should have gone with another name, helps differentiate the lines. It ultimately confuses people, the ONE, One X, One S, One V, etc,.

Also I would like to see more Moto on other carriers too.

-Luis

I think you're going to get your wish since the Moto X is on the big four.

Moar rumors: 

http://www.androidbeat.com/2013/10/rumor-lenovo-htc-acquisition-talks-since-late-august/

Probably the best case scenario for HTC, unless they have some huge rally.

This doesn't seem that bad. Then again I really like Lenovo, it could be worse right?

-Luis

Moar rumors: 

http://www.androidbeat.com/2013/10/rumor-lenovo-htc-acquisition-talks-since-late-august/

Probably the best case scenario for HTC, unless they have some huge rally.

At this point, I don't think anyone should be surprised.  HTC may slow the bleeding but I just don't see how they can stop the bleeding all together without someone coming in to bail them out.  HTC's products are fine they just need the capital to grow as well as a change in management which I am sure lenovo will provide and I think they will be doing just fine in a few years.

This doesn't seem that bad. Then again I really like Lenovo, it could be worse right?

-Luis

Absolutely it could be worse, and since Lenovo has no Smartphone presence in NA it would be wise for them to keep the HTC name.

At this point, I don't think anyone should be surprised.  HTC may slow the bleeding but I just don't see how they can stop the bleeding all together without someone coming in to bail them out.  HTC's products are fine they just need the capital to grow as well as a change in management which I am sure lenovo will provide and I think they will be doing just fine in a few years.

I hope so, I'd hate to lose a player in the Smartphone industry.

Lenovo did really good at preserving the quality of Thinkpad when it bought the PC business from IBM. If I know someone who wants a Windows PC, Lenovo is pretty much the one I recommend, and that didn't change any from when they bought that business from IBM.

Yes but the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China are entirely separate. Republic of China started in 1912 and encompassed all of China and Taiwan, ending its rein after WWII when it was pushed back into Taiwan by the communists during the Chinese civil war. Therefore Taiwan - nationalist, mainland China - communist. And China is apparently foolish enough to enter an armed conflict in trying to retake it even though its considered a sovereign separate country.

You do know that HTC is based in Taiwan,  the Republic of China . . . right?

Yes but the Republic of China and the People's Republic of China are entirely separate. Republic of China started in 1912 and encompassed all of China and Taiwan, ending its rein after WWII when it was pushed back into Taiwan by the communists during the Chinese civil war. Therefore Taiwan - nationalist, mainland China - communist. And China is apparently foolish enough to enter an armed conflict in trying to retake it even though its considered a sovereign separate country.

LOL, it really depends on who you ask.   You will either get a yes or no with various explanations as to why its yes or no.  

Yep, part of China.

Just how Scotland is part of the UK.

• Like 1