Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Okay, so in a sad attempt to keep me somewhat anonymous (how many people own a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and wear a Disciples shirt?), I have covered part of my face in this photo just to give poeple an idea of the size of this phone. The phone feels just right to me though. Yeah. It's big, I get it. But it's awesome. Always annoying when someone asks me if it's an S4. Yeah, it's an S4...on steroids!

Just remember, there are no big phones, only people with small hands.

AJ

• Like 3

Where is the kiss on the cheek and reminder not to miss family fun night?

I don't get kissies on the cheek anymore, FYI.

And I'm not a baby! Why, just yesterday I drank my entire bottle of milk without spilling any on my "Momma's Little Man" bib. So there.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it is way past my 7:00 bed time.

PS: Family Fun Night is on Tuesdays, not Saturday.

• Like 5

Joey, I prefer this pic of you. It's the one I have saved to my contact list for when you call. It makes you look less like a schizophrenic at Oktoberfest. But so much for being anonymous...

uploadfromtaptalk1384647195524.jpg

Signed,

Dad

a.k.a. S4GRU

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow that's your son for real rob lol?

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

I know, I didn't believe it either.

• Like 2

Yep.  My oldest.

Robert

• Like 4

I don't know this reference at all.

You're too young.  There was a TV show called Blossom on NBC in the early 90's.  It featured the two actors referenced in my photos.  The actor (Joey Lawrence) played a dumb teenage boy who's catch phrase was "Whoa!"  You didn't miss anything by never seeing the show.

I thought the gal in the photo I quoted looked like the star of Blossom.  As you can see from the photo I posted, there is an eerie similarity.

Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k60qr2BXbQM

• Like 4

Got my hands on a galaxy mega for whole night. Not good first impressions. Battery life is great. Thats the only pro that i see. Camera is garbage compared to my G2, the screen pixels are very very visible making hd movie look not so hd. Phone was laggy just setting up thr basic playstore apps like gmail, youtube etc. I was comparing a picture and it did a reboot on me. Front camera is good though and 3g and lte signals are strong. But as a whole package this phone doesnt seem future proof and already feels dated. Screen is too big too at least for me I think the note 2 is better than this phone

You're too young.  There was a TV show called Blossom on NBC in the early 90's.  It featured the two actors referenced in my photos.  The actor (Joey Lawrence) played a dumb teenage boy who's catch phrase was "Whoa!"  You didn't miss anything by never seeing the show.

And following this special episode of "Blossom," stay tuned for the premiere of a new Joey Lawrence music video...

AJ

Got my hands on a galaxy mega for whole night. Not good first impressions. Battery life is great. Thats the only pro that i see. Camera is garbage compared to my G2, the screen pixels are very very visible making hd movie look not so hd. Phone was laggy just setting up thr basic playstore apps like gmail, youtube etc. I was comparing a picture and it did a reboot on me. Front camera is good though and 3g and lte signals are strong. But as a whole package this phone doesnt seem future proof and already feels dated. Screen is too big too at least for me I think the note 2 is better than this phone

Note owners. -_-

:fight:

The note 2 i rejected due to the 800mhz block that it has to run with....around here i spend quite a bit of time in the shentel market so that's a critical bug for me... :)  I also did not like the look or feel of the note 3...plus the cost of both was prohibitive at this point in time for me.  Had the note 2 not been saddled with the the 800mhz issue and the note 3 been a good looking and feeling phone i would have paid the extra.  The mega for me felt good in my hand..wasn't slippery..unlike the note 3...and felt good.  I do have large hands though.  That being said i won't be able to reach all areas of the screen with my holding hand..but it will allow me to have a much larger screen for when i have to remotely access client's networks.  

• Like 1

The note 2 i rejected due to the 800mhz block that it has to run with....around here i spend quite a bit of time in the shentel market so that's a critical bug for me... :)  I also did not like the look or feel of the note 3...plus the cost of both was prohibitive at this point in time for me.  Had the note 2 not been saddled with the the 800mhz issue and the note 3 been a good looking and feeling phone i would have paid the extra.  The mega for me felt good in my hand..wasn't slippery..unlike the note 3...and felt good.  I do have large hands though.  That being said i won't be able to reach all areas of the screen with my holding hand..but it will allow me to have a much larger screen for when i have to remotely access client's networks.  

The "800 problem" was more than overhyped. I've never experienced any issues and I run a 1x800 capable PRL daily.

I thought the gal in the photo I quoted looked like the star of Blossom.  As you can see from the photo I posted, there is an eerie similarity.

Robert

Damn!!  Good eye!  I could never place that chick that plays on The Big Bang Theory, every geek's favorite TV show, my fav as well..does that make me a geek too? Wait don't answer that... anyways I never looked up her bio until now...  here's the link to check out:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0080524/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

The "800 problem" was more than overhyped. I've never experienced any issues and I run a 1x800 capable PRL daily.

I have a friend and another person who is a client that both have the note2. They have had all kinds of issues in Shentel...sprint had them do a prl update and now while signal propagation is not as good at least their phones are usable in the shentel market where they are located.

Damn!!  Good eye!  I could never place that chick that plays on The Big Bang Theory...

Amy Farrah Fowler.  I thought the youngsters might need that reference to recognize Mayim Bialik.  But I expected more from our resident old fogey...

:P

AJ

• Like 1

That's a good price ....a review of the mega and spark performance http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-mega-sprint.aspx

• Like 2

I targeted the mega because of the DC cpu.  Frankly QC is a waste(imo) unless you are gaming or something like that...leave 2 cores off and you gain quite a bit in battery life as well.  The large battery of course helps..but QC would chew into that like candy.  The 6.3 screen proved itself on thanksgiving when i got a call from a client whose server was acting up.  Firing it up in Baltimore having 4g service and the large screen i was able to easily log into the server...fix the issue and log out..without having to grab a laptop...that was sweet!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got the mega yesterday and I really like it. Only wish I can root it but eh in time I'm sure there will be a way.

TS

Hey Buddy,

I am looking for a last minute Christmas gift and this phone is on the top of my list. I am between this and the HTC One Max.  I was hoping you might be able to give me a more detailed impression after a few days of use.  I need the biggest screen possible, which is why I am considering these 2 devices. My local Sprint store is open till 5 on Christmas Eve so, that's my deadline. lol Your input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!