Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Oh has anyone have an idea of the off contract price of this phone? Ive seen international version go for around 450 or less. And the AT&T shows a 539 price off contract

Sounds about right.   Speaking of prices...Amazon Wireless starting selling the Mega for AT&T at $150.  Couple of weeks ago, it dropped to $130.  As of now, for new contracts the phone sells for $113 and for upgrades it's $125.

I'm sensing the lack of sales from other carriers may divert Sprint from selling the Mega.

Any who...anyone have more upbeat news about the Mega? 

Sounds about right. Speaking of prices...Amazon Wireless starting selling the Mega for AT&T at $150. Couple of weeks ago, it dropped to $130. As of now, for new contracts the phone sells for $113 and for upgrades it's $125.

I'm sensing the lack of sales from other carriers may divert Sprint from selling the Mega.

Any who...anyone have more upbeat news about the Mega?

If Sprint announces it, they will sell it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

How is this news?  The guy just posts some stock photos of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 and says the handset is headed to Sprint.  We did basically the same thing and more with our article a month ago.

AJ

• Like 1

How is this news?  The guy just posts some stock photos of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 and says the handset is headed to Sprint.  We did basically the same thing and more with our article a month ago.

AJ

You're right. I only posted it because i saw it had to do with the Galaxy Mega for Sprint. I thought it would be worth the share but now that I think about, it really wasn't.

Okay I have a couple questions for anyone that has actually played with this phone in a store. Okay so my mom has an upgrade she wanted the note 3, but since she uses hotspot for internet at her cabin and is at very fringe signal area ( to use netflix on it her OG evo must be outside lol). I told her she should wait for triband even tho it may never get to her right away, but 800 lte would work great for her.

So for my questions,

How is the screen? 720 p on a 6.3 inch screen is kinda crappy but the og evo had about the same ppi which she doesn't complain about the sharpness of the display. So just curious for the average user going from a og evo to the mega see a difference?

Processing speed, she doesnt game or anythin to extensive but I don't want her to get a laggy peice of crap, I have the s3 and I have no problems, so if its on par with that it would be great.

Final question, has ANYONE heard any sort of dates? For preorders or anything?

Thank you guys sorry for all the questions!

Okay I have a couple questions for anyone that has actually played with this phone in a store. Okay so my mom has an upgrade she wanted the note 3, but since she uses hotspot for internet at her cabin and is at very fringe signal area ( to use netflix on it her OG evo must be outside lol). I told her she should wait for triband even tho it may never get to her right away, but 800 lte would work great for her.

So for my questions,

How is the screen? 720 p on a 6.3 inch screen is kinda crappy but the og evo had about the same ppi which she doesn't complain about the sharpness of the display. So just curious for the average user going from a og evo to the mega see a difference?

Processing speed, she doesnt game or anythin to extensive but I don't want her to get a laggy peice of crap, I have the s3 and I have no problems, so if its on par with that it would be great.

Final question, has ANYONE heard any sort of dates? For preorders or anything?

Thank you guys sorry for all the questions!

It's probably a good thing she has to go outside for LTE.  Using LTE for netflix would use up her monthly data in a day.  A hotspot (and I hope you don't mean her phone as a hotspot without paying for it) is not a substitute for a wired connection at home.  She should save her money on the phone and get a wired internet service. 

It's probably a good thing she has to go outside for LTE. Using LTE for netflix would use up her monthly data in a day. A hotspot (and I hope you don't mean her phone as a hotspot without paying for it) is not a substitute for a wired connection at home. She should save her money on the phone and get a wired internet service.

She pays for the hotspot, she uses it at her cabin like I said. Usually for a weekend everyother week. It works for her, she rarely breaks 1gb a month.

Edit: and she really only has it to have it, if she wants to use her labtop for facebook, or wat. And why jump to illegal tethering.

She pays for the hotspot, she uses it at her cabin like I said. Usually for a weekend everyother week. It works for her, she rarely breaks 1gb a month.

Edit: and she really only has it to have it, if she wants to use her labtop for facebook, or wat. And why jump to illegal tethering.

I just didn't realize how much bandwidth netflix uses until I streamed a movie on my phone last week.  The Mega might actually be big enough to be decent for streaming netflix, but you really need wifi to watch more than a couple hours a month. 

She has done this for 2 years straight with 3g... why would it change with 4g. The only thing I could see is her using it more so needing a bigger plan.

Sprint hardly carrier brands their devices if ever. One of the only exceptions are the Galaxy devices.

Even that exception has gone away. The older Victory and S3 have carrier branding, but the Ativ S Neo, Note 2, Note 3, and S4 do not.

November 8.  The countdown has begun. 

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/10/11/samsung-galaxy-mega-6-3-coming-to-sprint-on-november-8/

I don't know how trustworthy this website is, but this is the first time I've seen an established date.

Seems there are multiple sources sourcing a single source, Evleaks.

Edited by kwongsam1985
  • Like 1

Sprint launches phones in pairs all the time so I can definitely believe this date since its the same date as the LG G2

November 8. The countdown has begun.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/10/11/samsung-galaxy-mega-6-3-coming-to-sprint-on-november-8/

I don't know how trustworthy this website is, but this is the first time I've seen an established date.

Seems there are multiple sources sourcing a single source, Evleaks.

any idea on the "on contract" pricing on this yet for Sprint?  I think I might actually have my mom convinced this is her next phone (pending her trying it out in person for size reasons)... she is still rocking the original Galaxy (Epic) and about the only way she will give up her physical keyboard is to have a larger screen to type on...

• Like 1

I know that Sprint announced it so it must be coming at some point in the future but I still don't get the timing of the phone releases on Sprint.  The Galaxy Mega 6.3 was announced back in June and the release of the device should have been at the latest in mid August.  Releasing in November and December especially with mid range specs is not a good way to sell this phone.  I feel that Sprint is dropping the ball on the timing on the release of the Galaxy Mega 6.3.  Even begs me to question on whether the GS4 mini will ever get released.  So far sales of the GS4 and HTC One mini have been pretty poor and I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint pulled the plug on the GS4 mini launch.

any idea on the "on contract" pricing on this yet for Sprint?  I think I might actually have my mom convinced this is her next phone (pending her trying it out in person for size reasons)... she is still rocking the original Galaxy (Epic) and about the only way she will give up her physical keyboard is to have a larger screen to type on...

No idea, but on a relative sense; amazon wireless has shown a tremendous drop in contract pricing for at&t.  I remember on its release the cost was $150.  The last time I've checked it went down to $99 for new contracts. 

Does the HTC One Max make this phone obsolete? I guess it depends on pricing (IMO).  I'm gonna get one of the two (to go along with my LG G2).. I know that much.

One Max (high-end phablet) seems more comparable to the Note 3 (high-end phablet) rather than the Mega (mid-range phablet).

I know that Sprint announced it so it must be coming at some point in the future but I still don't get the timing of the phone releases on Sprint.  The Galaxy Mega 6.3 was announced back in June and the release of the device should have been at the latest in mid August.  Releasing in November and December especially with mid range specs is not a good way to sell this phone.  I feel that Sprint is dropping the ball on the timing on the release of the Galaxy Mega 6.3.  Even begs me to question on whether the GS4 mini will ever get released.  So far sales of the GS4 and HTC One mini have been pretty poor and I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint pulled the plug on the GS4 mini launch.

I concur.  THe Note 3 has stolen all the thunder from the Mega.  The Mega won't garner much hype as it will be release after the Note 3.  You can tell from the number of posts for the Note 3 forum out weights the number of posts for the Mega. 

From a economics stand point, if the Mega gets less attention; sales won't be as high for the Mega.  Thus, a drop of price for the Mega.

Edited by kwongsam1985

• 2 weeks later...

and again (like the Note 3 I believe) pricing higher than the competition... why do they do this?

I am working on getting my mom one of these phones -- would've been easier to sell it to her at the same price ATT has it for... I might just wait a bit and see what Amazon or Wirefly drop it down to.

• Like 1

Took my mother to a store that had one of the fake ATT phones and the size was a bit big for her (she really like the Note 3 size -- damn the price and single-band)... but she thinks she will get used to it (doesn't talk much on it.. looks forward to using it like a tablet)... I just want to find it a bit cheaper (wirefly or amazon maybe) since it really isn't a $199 subsidized phone (I think the unlocked ones are going for $400ish new from what I quickly saw)...

• Like 1