Samsung Galaxy Mega (TRI-BAND) [SPH-L600]

MartialRanger23

Okay, so I am the kind of person who believes bigger phones are better, and I was super excited when Samsung revealed the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. It is also fairly cheap for a smartphone. My one question is this: Is it on Sprint? It would be just like Samsung to release this only on AT&T like they did with the Galaxy Camera and Note. I have Googled it and I can't seem to find an answer.

There have been no leaks or rumors of it coming to Sprint. Honestly I don't think it will come to Sprint. This is just another of the boatload of phones releases overseas. The Note 3 will be out in a few months. At least the Note will have good specs. The Mega is mid range at best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Yeah that is true. Thanks. I am very disappointed in its specs. The 5.8 is even worse. I think I will just wait until the Note 3 comes out or I will just buy the GS4 Triband. My Nexus 7 2013 has the perfect screen for me right now, so I'll just stick with it and my GS3 until the GS4 Triband comes out. Thanks again!

There have been no leaks or rumors of it coming to Sprint. Honestly I don't think it will come to Sprint. This is just another of the boatload of phones releases overseas. The Note 3 will be out in a few months. At least the Note will have good specs. The Mega is mid range at best.

The Sprint Samsung SPH-L600 has received Bluetooth Certification, and mtest on cloud4sites.com says it has Android 4.2.2. Early rumors state that the L600 could be the Galaxy Mega 6.3. But then again, it's only a rumor at this point.

• Like 2

The Sprint Samsung SPH-L600 has received Bluetooth Certification, and mtest on cloud4sites.com says it has Android 4.2.2. Early rumors state that the L600 could be the Galaxy Mega 6.3. But then again, it's only a rumor at this point.

Nice find.

Nice find.

Thanks to AJ, I love rocking the rumor boat, lol. Not that it's guaranteed to be released in the end, look at the Samsung SPH-L500 (it's been superseded by the SPH-L520 already).

• Like 2

the 4th of september :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't know what the appeal of the Mega would be against the Note 3. Why would you want an under-spec'd device with a monster screen when you could still have a monster screen with good specs and battery life to match?

Cheep cheap! Midrange phone, cheap cheep price.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what the appeal of the Mega would be against the Note 3. Why would you want an under-spec'd device with a monster screen when you could still have a monster screen with good specs and battery life to match?

• Like 2

True but since most people still buy their phones on contract, the pricing difference is often completely mitigated if one just gets the right Wirefly/Amazon Wireless/etc deal. I'm also a total spec whore who is ALWAYS wanting something more, so it would drive me absolutely bonkers to have something mid-range, even if I did get some tiny little concession in device pricing (plan pricing is where the biggest expense is anyways).

Oh and will this Mega have the precious triband LTE?! Can't wait for the FCC approval!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

It would be great if it does. But I'm expecting it to be Band 25 only. :(

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a feeling Sprint will price this at $149 with 2 year contract given that AT&T is planning to sell it at that price.  I would be shocked if this sells for $99 with 2 year contract.

• Like 1

I got to see this baby today when I went to Tysons Corner and it's a huge screen. It drifnitely has a wow factor just from the size of the screen alone. AT&T is offering it for 149 I think. I didn't get a good look at the contract price but the retail price is much less than the Note 2 which shocked me. 479 vs 700.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1