Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Today I can finally upgrade from my epic touch so count me fourth :D, I can wait another month

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm due for an upgrade as of August 1st. So I'm definitely waiting to see what the note packs. Tri-band would be nice although Idk if Anderson sc will even get all the bands. So Idk if it'll even be necessary in my case /:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

I'm due for an upgrade as of August 1st. So I'm definitely waiting to see what the note packs. Tri-band would be nice although Idk if Anderson sc will even get all the bands. So Idk if it'll even be necessary in my case /:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

Everyone is getting ALL the bands... It was talked about this week...

I also can not wait to see the Note 3 -- I totally can not wait to get rid of this EVOLTE and it's weak LTE... especially that we are now getting LTE all over the state...

• Like 4

Everyone is getting ALL the bands... It was talked about this week...

I also can not wait to see the Note 3 -- I totally can not wait to get rid of this EVOLTE and it's weak LTE... especially that we are now getting LTE all over the state...

I am not so sure it will be Tri-Band. I am hopeful but it still could be one of that last not to have it.  Has anyone seen any FCC info yet to prove it one way or the other?

I am not so sure it will be Tri-Band. I am hopeful but it still could be one of that last not to have it.  Has anyone seen any FCC info yet to prove it one way or the other?

I do not believe the FCC doc exists yet, so it is all rumors at this point. The fact that it has been said that tri-band is coming soon and Samsung has been mentioned, makes it very likely.

/if it s NOT tri-band I don't know what I will do....

I do not believe the FCC doc exists yet, so it is all rumors at this point. The fact that it has been said that tri-band is coming soon and Samsung has been mentioned, makes it very likely.

I got the Note 2 the first day I could put hands on one here in St Louis so I will likely have to skip the 3 even it is triband. Then again the Note 4 likely won't be out by June 2014 so maybe I will get one. I may go back to a screen 1/2 inch smaller to make hitting that upper left corner easier.

Well the new LTE A Korean S4 has the Snapdragon 800 which this phone is supposed to have so I would pretty much think it has to, but no proof yet.

This message brought to you by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Its just that all we have at this point is just hints from Sprint about a possible triband LTE GS4.  With the BOGO free GS4 promotion going on right now that tells me that Sprint is aggressively trying to attract customers as well as get rid of their existing inventory.

Also the announcement by Samsung about releasing FDD/TDD LTE dual mode GS4 models in the Fall makes it even more plausible that it may come.  However I am just not totally convinced until I see a FCC filing of a GS4 model that supports Sprint's triband LTE frequencies with the phone dimensions of the GS4 sometime inn the Fall.

I would like an alternative choice which would be a triband GS4 in case I suddenly have 2nd thoughts about getting the Note 3 which is currently my first choice.

Its just that all we have at this point is just hints from Sprint about a possible triband LTE GS4. With the BOGO free GS4 promotion going on right now that tells me that Sprint is aggressively trying to attract customers as well as get rid of their existing inventory.

Also the announcement by Samsung about releasing FDD/TDD LTE dual mode GS4 models in the Fall makes it even more plausible that it may come. However I am just not totally convinced until I see a FCC filing of a GS4 model that supports Sprint's triband LTE frequencies with the phone dimensions of the GS4 sometime inn the Fall.

I would like an alternative choice which would be a triband GS4 in case I suddenly have 2nd thoughts about getting the Note 3 which is currently my first choice.

Or they could be getting the 32gb version finally. Or they could be trying to sell the phone for a fair price considering they sell it for $250. Buy one get one isn't even that good of a deal from Sprint considering Best Buy will match that and give you a gift card.

Or they could be getting the 32gb version finally. Or they could be trying to sell the phone for a fair price considering they sell it for $250. Buy one get one isn't even that good of a deal from Sprint considering Best Buy will match that and give you a gift card.

I am not talking about the pricing of the GS4.  I just brought up the BOGO free promotion as a sign that Sprint may be trying to find a quick way to get rid of all their existing GS4 single band LTE devices to make room for a GS4 triband LTE version.  But like I said in a previous post, it still needs to hit the FCC first to confirm that a device is in the making and will support Sprint's triband LTE band frequencies.

For all we know this BOGO free promotion could just be a promotion for Sprint to attract new customers with its most popular smartphone.  I want to think the main side benefit is to get rid of existing inventory that Sprint already made commitments to Samsung for.

I am not talking about the pricing of the GS4. I just brought up the BOGO free promotion as a sign that Sprint may be trying to find a quick way to get rid of all their existing GS4 single band LTE devices to make room for a GS4 triband LTE version. But like I said in a previous post, it still needs to hit the FCC first to confirm that a device is in the making and will support Sprint's triband LTE band frequencies.

For all we know this BOGO free promotion could just be a promotion for Sprint to attract new customers with its most popular smartphone. I want to think the main side benefit is to get rid of existing inventory that Sprint already made commitments to Samsung for.

Yes that was my point. Sprint is just competing with the competition. I doubt we will see a triband LTE GS4 is my point. We might see a 32gb version.

• Like 1

Yes that was my point. Sprint is just competing with the competition. I doubt we will see a triband LTE GS4 is my point. We might see a 32gb version.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3959-sprint-gs4-with-tri-band-support-this-fall-official-thread/

The tech guy on KTRS AM said Samsung announced the Note 3 today. Looking for info.

Bahh he had details etc but I don't they he got it all right. From http://www.ubergizmo.com :

Earlier today when we reported that Samsung had officially announced that it will be conducting a press event on September 4th in Berlin, where it is likely to launch Galaxy Note 3

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-release-date1-400x

Edited by DaQue
  • Like 1

I can't wait for the announcement of this phone.  I wonder how big the battery will be this time and how much Samsung has worked on making this device thinner.  The Note 2 was 0.37" thick and I am hoping Samsung can reduce the thickness to 0.33-0.34" to be on par with the Galaxy S3 even if they have to reduce the size of the S-pen.  I really hope this phone has Android 4.3 stock since I have read it has pretty good battery improvements.

5000 mah is about right for a phone with an 1080p HD screen and LTE. 3100 mah is barely tolerable now.

Come on barely tolerable?  Most people can get through a day with the Note 2 even with heavy use on a 3100 maH battery from what I have read.  Well sorry to break it to you but a 5000 maH ain't happening for the Note 3.  A bump of 0.2 in (5.5 in to 5.7 in) on the screen and a 720p to 1080p screen does not warrant a need for an additional 1900 maH on the battery.  That is just crazy.  Why stop at 5000 maH when you should ask for a 8000 maH battery while you are it.

• Like 1

My Note 2 is dead about the time I get back to work from lunch.

Haha yall need to bring some extra batteries since you guys seem to be running 20 apps at once unnecessarily or yall got some terrible signal.

LOL 5,000 maH battery is overkill. I hope its a 3500 or 3600 maH battery.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a 7000mah in my gs3 and I will get the 9500 mah for the gnote 3 when I get one

• Like 1