WiMax isn't all that bad

markjcc

i tried it on my daughter's gs2 while we were in baltimore and it was nice...not as fast as LtE but still got 3 megabits..:)  ONce we left baltimore though i turned it off and put her back on wifi and wimax coverage outside of baltimore towards frederick isn't around...:)

Wimax is still King as far  as I'm concerned here  in the LV metro  area..lots of NV accepted towers..great 3G but very little consistent  & usable LTE sorry  to say....can't wait  for Spark  to become  reality here!

I tried out a wimax hotspot from virgin mobile, and really close to the site, I was only pulling 6mbps, Maybe because it was virgin mobile? But it was not bad,and it helped because It allowed me to get 3g at my house haha. But it was a decent in between LTE and 3g I get. And I was not to disappointed with distance, suprised me, and gave me similar to some LTE site distance.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 16-17mb on Wimax in Pelham Bay in the Bronx....I hope Spark is working there.

Speeds like that are common in NYC on WiMax. I think NYC was one of the few cities where Clear actually used fiber rather than Microwave as backhaul. In SoHo on my Robotics Team's Clear hotspot, we pull 12 down and 2 up at peak times.

Wimax is still King as far  as I'm concerned here  in the LV metro  area..lots of NV accepted towers..great 3G but very little consistent  & usable LTE sorry  to say....can't wait  for Spark  to become  reality here!

I have seen progress in speed and now see usable Sprint LTE speed between 10-15MB down and about 5MB up. Not too bad for a jump from zero in just a few days.

Really?  Where?  Seems good one minute and then a day or two later in the same location..nothing..

Sensorly maps have not changed much in 4-6 months as far as I can tell...still loads of light shades of purple

Really?  Where?  Seems good one minute and then a day or two later in the same location..nothing..

Sensorly maps have not changed much in 4-6 months as far as I can tell...still loads of light shades of purple

I tried in North Las Vegas and it worked just fine. I am actually tethering right now without any problems. I will try to map later some speeds when I drive home

Thanx, hog...have you stopped using Wimax all together, then?; my

tri-fi comes up for upgrade in 20 days and I'm leaning towards the

Zing but wonder if that's wise given lack of LTE  south of the 215..

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanx, hog...have you stopped using Wimax all together, then?; my

tri-fi comes up for upgrade in 20 days and I'm leaning towards the

Zing but wonder if that's wise given lack of LTE  south of the 215..

What are your thoughts on this?

Not at all, and I still love Clearwire until they go one day. They still provide basic needs and I am fine with the speeds I am getting for my work. LTE is nice and I have enjoyed it with Verizon for since 2010 but WiMax still is a good network