General Investing Forum

centermedic

Whats DCA?  

dollar cost average.  Basically to lower your breakeven point.  You said you bought some shares at $6.49. 

For example if you bought 100 shares @ $6.50 and  lets say the stock price went down to $5.00 and you buy 200 more shares @ $5.00.  Your total cost spent is now (200x$5 + 100x$6.50 = $1650).  Your break even point now is $1650/300 shares = $5.50/share.  So now you lowered your breakeven point went down by 1 dollar from $6.50/share to $5.50/share.

• Like 2

We may have to rename this the "Haute Bourgeoisie Thread."

;)

AJ

• Like 1

If anybody is a beginner or does not have a bunch pf money then sharebuilder.com my be a good place to start. Also, any of the financial magazines are great sources of investing education.

• Like 1

dollar cost average.  Basically to lower your breakeven point.  You said you bought some shares at $6.49. 

For example if you bought 100 shares @ $6.50 and  lets say the stock price went down to $5.00 and you buy 200 more shares @ $5.00.  Your total cost spent is now (200x$5 + 100x$6.50 = $1650).  Your break even point now is $1650/300 shares = $5.50/share.  So now you lowered your breakeven point went down by 1 dollar from $6.50/share to $5.50/share.

Sprint taking a beating today, why is the pricing dropping so much for the past 3 days?  It drop under $6 today.

Not good if it tanks more.  Bought some at 6.49.  It is 6.24 today! I should have waited! Lost thousands in value today along.

Are you sure investing is for you? reading your post is giving me a flash back to King of Queens when Doug almost lost his mind because his stock price fell.

Sprint taking a beating today, why is the pricing dropping so much for the past 3 days?  It drop under $6 today.

My guess is that the excitement over the mergers is wearing off. People likely bought additional Sprint shares in anticipation of the merger which inflated the price and now they are taking their profits. It may also be the market responding to the other carriers new upgrade plans and Sprints apparent lack of a response. The financial fundamentals from last week have not changed.

Somewhere, Craig Moffett is yelling, "SHORT!  SHORT!  SHORT!"

AJ

• Like 1

My guess is that the excitement over the mergers is wearing off. People likely bought additional Sprint shares in anticipation of the merger which inflated the price and now they are taking their profits. It may also be the market responding to the other carriers new upgrade plans and Sprints apparent lack of a response. The financial fundamentals from last week have not changed.

Or that they think that Sprint is going to have a disastrous 2nd quarter which is to be expected since the last remainng IDENites jumped ship.

Are you sure investing is for you? reading your post is giving me a flash back to King of Queens when Doug almost lost his mind because his stock price fell.

I'm in for the long haul.  Just wondering what is happening in the market for the price to drop more than 1 dollar in 3 days.  Something must be up.

Or that they think that Sprint is going to have a disastrous 2nd quarter which is to be expected since the last remainng IDENites jumped ship.

Stranger things have moved the market.

I am learning to play options with paper trading, if you guys think stocks are hard just wait till you lose 80% in a day because you were out all day. (I know most of you are playing with real money so its not the same as losing real money by a long shot.)

One big thing I see is it really, really helps to trade about the same amount of money each time because you never know when your going to be right.

About to start researching aluminum, specifically Alcoa. Does any body own Alcoa or have any thoughts?

Depends on where you think the world economy is going. The commodities boom of the past few years has declined as emerging economies such as China have slowed.

Depends on where you think the world economy is going. The commodities boom of the past few years has declined as emerging economies such as China have slowed.

Yeah, that is always a concern. I got interested after reading a couple of reports pointing to an increased domestic demand and China becoming less of a factor internationally.

The stock hit a new low today.

What time will the earnings report be released?

Sprint stock been taking a hit for a week.  It maybe going lower because of their financials next week.

07/30

I have been watching it tumble. I am not going to jump in before earnings come out. Clearwire earnings are going to be bundled with Sprint earnings.

Did Sprint pay too much for Clearwire?

Did Sprint pay too much for Clearwire?

Too much? No. And after using Clearwire TD-LTE all over Denver yesterday, I would say it was just about right. ;)

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4