Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

A VPN will skew the results. You should not have a VPN on whole doing speed test mapping. VoLTE will not matter, they operate on different EUTRA sessions https://s4gru.com/entry/439-sprints-casting-call-of-voice-over-actors-an-in-depth-analysis-of-volte-calling-and-vowifi/ it shouldn't even be able to tell that you have VoLTE on. That being said, if you're on an active VoLTE call, then that may affect things. Recently, Sprint started preferring dropping to band 26 during tower handoffs while on a VoLTE call. So a call may start out on B41, but if you're moving, when it hands off to the next tower it often switches to B26. This improves VoLTE performance and quality, but will result in slower data speeds and showing B26 available instead of b25 or b41 in your mapping. Congestion on B26 has no effect at all on VoLTE calls, but will be reflected in speed tests performed while on the call

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Interesting info about dropping to B26 before a handoff. I will give it a try with the VPN disabled.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, techfranz said:

Haven’t gotten Rootmetrics or OpenSignal to record my iPhone tests on the map.

I guess I will just stick to to the iPhone engineering screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rootmetrics has been working fine for me on my iPhone and I’ve seen the Map Layer update.

Are you running speed tests and looking at the “Fastest Speed Found” Map Layer?

Under Settings:

Do you have the “Baseline Data Experience” setting enabled as well as “Send data Points Using” set to “Any Network”?

Rootmetrics has been working fine for me on my iPhone and I’ve seen the Map Layer update.

Are you running speed tests and looking at the “Fastest Speed Found” Map Layer?

Under Settings:

Do you have the “Baseline Data Experience” setting enabled as well as “Send data Points Using” set to “Any Network”?

Quite strange, but I just checked again and Rootmetrics processed all my data.

Rootmetrics is working as you say. I wonder why it took 1-2 weeks to process all my tests? Very nice to see the results on the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Yuhfhrh said:

Sensorly is shutting down. I'll never forget all the time I spent and fun I had mapping the Sprint LTE launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/di83m3/sensorly_is_officially_dead/

A somber moment.  So many happy memories.  Oh, what could have been!!!  :cry:

Now if Cellmapper would just add a signal heat map that displayed more like Sensorly!

Robert

• Like 3