Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

None have been reported yet. That doesn't mean they're not working, just that no one has found and reported any yet. Robert has said before he doesn't have an internal source for Ky like he has for other markets. He depends on people like us to find sites in progress and report it. Hopefully in the next month or so will start seeing sites in Louisville begin. If you see anything, get a picture and note the location. The sponsor map can help you pick out sprint sites and give you the site ID. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed or posted this about the Louisville area, but every site that I have connected to over the past month has had the software upgraded to Ehprd. I know that doesn't mean much in the big picture, but it is a start. That's not saying the speeds in our area are any better, though in prospect I was able to pull 2.5Mps on 3G. Others would laugh, but around here, that's unheard of.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed or posted this about the Louisville area, but every site that I have connected to over the past month has had the software upgraded to Ehprd. I know that doesn't mean much in the big picture, but it is a start. That's not saying the speeds in our area are any better, though in prospect I was able to pull 2.5Mps on 3G. Others would laugh, but around here, that's unheard of.

You're right that is a good download speed. I've never had anything faster than around 1.8 Mbps down in Hardin County and never anything that fast in Louisville. Wonder if you were on a tower with 3g NV upgrade.

I never laugh at 2.5Mbps 3G speeds. Never. :)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I to am getting the faster speeds but I have a question. I know the only way to see if my iPhone is connected to Ehrpd is to do the field test and not through speed test apps. The only thing I ever get is 1xEV-DO and 1x. I have read multiple posts of people saying they are getting Ehrpd in Louisville. Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed on Sensorly some more Sprint LTE purple coming real close to the KY border around Porland, TN. I'm wondering if anyone from Bowling Green has venture down to Nashville and noticed how soon past the TN border they picked up 4G?

Also, I was on with Sprint network support about a week ago regarding a TT that got put in for the tower I connect to from my house. They determined my distance from the tower was responsible for the inconsistent data speeds. I tried to pry out of the tech when NV was scheduled for the tower. He claimed that is not something they schedule. Sounded like a BS answer to me.

He seemed suprised that I already had eHRPD though. Even asked where I noticed it and I said pretty much everywhere I've gone in KY recenty (between Hardin County and Louisville).

Edited by TheRealNaNa

I noticed on Sensorly some more Sprint LTE purple coming real close to the KY border around Porland, TN. I'm wondering if anyone from Bowling Green has venture down to Nashville and noticed how soon past the TN border they picked up 4G?

Also, I was on with Sprint network support about a week ago regarding a TT that got put in for the tower I connect to from my house. They determined my distance from the tower was responsible for the inconsistent data speeds. I tried to pry out of the tech when NV was scheduled for the tower. He claimed that is not something they schedule. Sounded like a BS answer to me.

He seemed suprised that I already had eHRPD though. Even asked where I noticed it and I said pretty much everywhere I've gone in KY recenty (between Hardin County and Louisville).

Most service representatives don't have access to the NV schedule. I have not seen one person say that their call resulted in getting accurate information about NV on the phone. So I wouldn't put any stock into that.

I have seen a couple of WesTower f-150's in Louisville. Does anybody know if they have been associated with NV in other markets? I have seen two trucks this week alone. Never seen any before.

Most service representatives don't have access to the NV schedule. I have not seen one person say that their call resulted in getting accurate information about NV on the phone. So I wouldn't put any stock into that.

You don't need to respond to this guy. He has been banned. He told me to F off in a PM and said we are the gestapo here because I don't let people to rant about abusing the network while being off topic. Whatever.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I have seen a couple of WesTower f-150's in Louisville. Does anybody know if they have been associated with NV in other markets? I have seen two trucks this week alone. Never seen any before.

I saw several of these in BG in November and December and came to the personal conclusion in was for AT&T's LTE buildout, since it launched at the end of seeing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny the first West KY city named is little bitty Glasgow which has a whole 1 tower in city limits. That is only 30 miles down the road from Bowling Green so it is exciting.

Very interesting. Keep your eyes to the sky. More than likely they are working in multiple places.

Has anyone been able to check out the Glasgow site yet since it has been announced? The location of the site is in the sponsor maps along with other goodies for KY. Looks like things might be about to get rolling.

Between school, work and social stuff I haven't and don't know when I'll have spare couple of hours to run up there and actually test things. If no one else posts anything I will check as soon as I can.

Has anyone been able to check out the Glasgow site yet since it has been announced? The location of the site is in the sponsor maps along with other goodies for KY. Looks like things might be about to get rolling.

Stopped to eat there yesterday on the way back to Danville. No 4g present and very poor Sprint service, I was pretty confused. Maybe it's still being worked on.

Stopped to eat there yesterday on the way back to Danville. No 4g present and very poor Sprint service, I was pretty confused. Maybe it's still being worked on.

Yeah, the site there is In Progress. It is neither complete, nor accepted yet. Good to see you around again. It's been awhile. :tu:

Robert

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to sprint announcing it as coming soon when I said it was announced. Thanks for checking on it. Hopefully soon...

Wait, there's sites in the Illinois portion of the market being worked on? Could some of them be around Carbondale?

I haven't received any In Progress reports yet for that area. Has someone seen work?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I haven't received any In Progress reports yet for that area. Has someone seen work?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I will be in that area later. If I see anything I'll let you know.

• Like 1