Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

Was on the 68/80 Bypass around the south part of Hopkinsville and checked to see if there was any eHRPD and saw this. It may just be because its fairly close to the state border and Clarksville is being worked on right now. But hopefully a sign a of NV coming to West Kentucky soon. I know Robert had listed this market as being a possible late second round before East KY was even mentioned and now East has been started on.

Screenshot_2012_10_19_18_25_34.png

Hahahah sorry, eyes are playing tricks on me, but yes I mean eHRPD.

Just download the speedtest app by ookla or whatever its called then just run a test, look at the results and it will say eHRPD under network.

Actually, on the iPhone, I believe it just shows "Cellular." Something about all of those things that Apple doesn't give access to. I'm not sure how you check on the iPhone. Regardless, it's not really important whether you have an eHRPD signal or not. The only time it matters is if you have LTE, and then need to switch to 3G. Since there is no LTE right now, it's not needed.

eHRPD is a good indication that NV work is starting in the area. I check everywhere for it. It has already been reported in the southern end of the market, but that may be due to work going on in Tennessee.

eHRPD has also been reported in markets where there is no work occurring. It is a software update that can be applied remotely, and has been seen anywhere from a few weeks to several months ahead of when physical NV work starts. It doesn't mean anything unless you actually see crews in the area and new equipment going up on towers.

I'm out in Middletown in Lake Forest. My house has usually needed an Airave because of the horrible Sprint reception. Our phones usually had -108db signal outside. Inside signal was nonexistent. I noticed for the past week that I wasn't hearing the three beeps before the start of a call (indicating I was connected through the Airave). I unplugged the Airave on Monday and voila, all of our Sprint phones (iPhone 5 and 4, 2 Samsung Transform Ultras) have been working fine without the Airave. *99 indicates I'm not connected to an Airave, and signal outside is -88db, inside it varies from -89db through -98db. I'm not sure what they are doing but I'm liking it! Inside I actually have been getting useable 3G speeds, .70mbps down/ .55mbps up with ping around 98-175. Any ideas of what they could be up to?

It doesn't mean anything unless you actually see crews in the area and new equipment going up on towers.

It is the first step in the process. It is change. It means NV is a relaity, not just some idea that might not happen. Even if LTE is 6 months or more away, it is still a change. Sprint has blown a lot of smoke in this area as it has others regarding network upgrades.

I'm out in Middletown in Lake Forest. My house has usually needed an Airave because of the horrible Sprint reception. Our phones usually had -108db signal outside. Inside signal was nonexistent. I noticed for the past week that I wasn't hearing the three beeps before the start of a call (indicating I was connected through the Airave). I unplugged the Airave on Monday and voila' date=' all of our Sprint phones (iPhone 5 and 4, 2 Samsung Transform Ultras) have been working fine without the Airave. *99 indicates I'm not connected to an Airave, and signal outside is -88db, inside it varies from -89db through -98db. I'm not sure what they are doing but I'm liking it! Inside I actually have been getting useable 3G speeds, .70mbps down/ .55mbps up with ping around 98-175. Any ideas of what they could be up to?[/quote']

There is a new Sprint NV site that went live in Middletown. It is shown on our Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I checked as I was driving last night and the US 68/80 corridor from just west of Hopkinsville to just west of Russellville is all active with eHRPD. Granted that still is all along the KY/TN border so I take it with a grain of salt but still shows Sprint is working hard to move fast.

There is a new Sprint NV site that went live in Middletown. It is shown on our Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

That is why my service is so much better. Was it just an upgraded tower? Or a newly built one?

That is why my service is so much better. Was it just an upgraded tower? Or a newly built one?

It's an existing tower that houses other carriers. Sprint just recently added their service to this site as well.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

It's an existing tower that houses other carriers. Sprint just recently added their service to this site as well.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I donated a little money so I have the sponsor title for the time being. I just can't figure out where to find these sponsor maps anywhere. Any help lol?

That Network Vision tower in Middletown is less than 3 miles from me. It's right across from a massive Wal-Mart. I'll grab some pictures of it when I go grocery shopping today and post it up later to see what you all can figure out. So it looks to be a new tower to Sprint customers but old to Att and T-mobile?

• Like 1

That Network Vision tower in Middletown is less than 3 miles from me. It's right across from a massive Wal-Mart. I'll grab some pictures of it when I go grocery shopping today and post it up later to see what you all can figure out. So it looks to be a new tower to Sprint customers but old to Att and T-mobile?

I have been to the site a couple of times already. I think that the NV equipment is on the very top. I found it hard to get good pictures because the time of day I went there were lots of cars and not many places to pull of that little road. I have pictures of far off, and right under it. Hope you have better luck. My pictures are posted in the interactive maps section under the thread for Nashville, West/East Kentucky.

I have been to the site a couple of times already. I think that the NV equipment is on the very top. I found it hard to get good pictures because the time of day I went there were lots of cars and not many places to pull of that little road. I have pictures of far off, and right under it. Hope you have better luck. My pictures are posted in the interactive maps section under the thread for Nashville, West/East Kentucky.

Just posted my pictures in the West/East Kentucky interactive map thread, the same one you posted yours in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...