LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

You think we'll see any dedicated Sprint variant reviews in the next week or two?  Really wanting to see what Sprint enabled/disabled in their UI compared to AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  Each carrier also has its own 4G LTE icon, even Sprint this time.  (According to the Landing page here, that is.)

You think we'll see any dedicated Sprint variant reviews in the next week or two?  Really wanting to see what Sprint enabled/disabled in their UI compared to AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  Each carrier also has its own 4G LTE icon, even Sprint this time.  (According to the Landing page here, that is.)

Most review sites probably won't do a Sprint specific review, especially since it'll basically be the same one as AT&T/T-Mobile/International version... Or at least we think it'll be the same as those. If there are any device specifics, it also probably won't warrant a separate review, as I don't see anyone reviewing the gimped Verizon version.

What I would like to see is a release date, but we know that it won't be releasing until sometime after October 11th. I've been seeing the G2 commercial every single night since I watch Cartoon Network/Adult Swim every night, and LG is hyping me so much that I inadvertently hyped my girlfriend to get this phone as well. I hope that 800 MHz LTE comes out soon, or else my girlfriend will be throwing more tantrums about how Sprint service sucks.

I'll be shocked if the Sprint model will have a unique 4G LTE icon.  In some ways, if I am able to modify the 4G LTE icon in the SystemUI.apk to display the Verizon or Tmobile one, I don't really care if Sprint doesn't have its own unique 4G LTE icon anymore.

Also about the Sprint variant, until we have a release date we don't know when the phone will finally be released.  Even the tech bloggers can get that specific variant about a week before its released.  So lets assume for example that the Sprint version will come out on Oct 25th, I expect if someone was to do a review on the Sprint variant for some reason that they could receive the unit on Oct 18th and have a review on the 19th or 20th.

Is it just me or is the AT&T 4G icon just a little cartoonish?

It is.  I just want Sprint to come out with a 4G LTE icon like the rest of the other carriers do.  The landing page for the LG G2 might suggest a new LTE icon for Sprint LTE phones but I think we shall see with the Galaxy Note 3 if that phone already has a new 4G icon for the Sprint version.

It is. I just want Sprint to come out with a 4G LTE icon like the rest of the other carriers do. The landing page for the LG G2 might suggest a new LTE icon for Sprint LTE phones but I think we shall see with the Galaxy Note 3 if that phone already has a new 4G icon for the Sprint version.

They do!!! The screenshot of the screen on the landings page has their own 4g LTE icon on it!

They do!!! The screenshot of the screen on the landings page has their own 4g LTE icon on it!

I know it shows something unique so it suggest a new "4G" icon.  I even mentioned it in my previous post but I am just saying we won't know for sure until the LG G2 comes out.  Hell if Samsung Note 3 has a new 4G icon that would be a good sign.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, Sprint hasn't put it on the carrier software for any phones yet.

And to be fair, I like the AT&T 4G LTE logo. It's a nice change from the other carrier LTE logos which almost all look robotic.

To my knowledge, Sprint hasn't put it on the carrier software for any phones yet.

And to be fair, I like the AT&T 4G LTE logo. It's a nice change from the other carrier LTE logos which almost all look robotic.

I personally like the verizon LTE logo so if sprint doesnt have a new 4G icon..im going to mod it to the verizon version.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm just waiting for a release date, was sold on the Note 3 but want tri-band, so I'm giving this phone a test drive from my evo lte and hoping for the best!!!!

Is Sprint only doing the case for pre-orders or will best buy also?

I'm just waiting for a release date, was sold on the Note 3 but want tri-band, so I'm giving this phone a test drive from my evo lte and hoping for the best!!!!

Is Sprint only doing the case for pre-orders or will best buy also?

I am going to assume that the free quickwindow case promotion is only for Sprint only preorders.  Sprint would much rather have you buy it from corporate Sprint stores instead of 3rd party vendors which Sprint has to give a cut to.  But you should call or confirm this when Oct 11th comes around.

• Like 1

Played with the Att version @ Costco and I gotta say its Awesome.   Was a little worried itwould be too big. Its Just a little bigger then the Optimus G nothing at all to complain about.  Will be my next device mainly for the triband capabilities.  Unless the Nexus 5 totally knocks my socks off.

After confirming that the release date from my friend in Sprint marketing was on Nov 2nd, he's now confirmed that LG reps are throwing a launch party for Sprint reps on Oct 28th.

Omg Oct 28...that is still so late.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2