Current Sprint PRLs

halcyoncmdr

After reading some threads here in regards to PRL versions and the differences between each version on different devices, I took the time to find the listing of all current Sprint PRLs.

This includes the official changes made with each new PRL revision as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNgQKxdPHgua60suUeQ4E7KvtUAFPDVkpqTL2sBorNg/pubhtml

While the information this comes from is on an internal Sprint page, the information itself is not proprietary as it can all be obtained through an analysis of the PRLs loaded on every Sprint device in the wild, something members of this community have already been doing.

My hope is that by making this information easier to find, it will lead to more discussion and overall a better community.

• Like 23

6/28/2013 Update: 

As of this update in the stock PRLs (except for the 2xxx temp Note2 PRL) all of the 800SMR SIDs are included in the scans except for the following areas:

22429,Sprint Nextel,Boise ID; Brigham City UT; Jackson Hole WY; Salt Lake City UT; St. George UT
22433,Sprint Nextel,Pendleton OR; Sandpoint ID; Spokane WA
22449,Sprint Nextel,Charlotte Amalie VI; Ponce PR; San Juan PR
22450,Sprint Nextel,Charlotte WV; Lynchburg VA; Roanoke VA

Info on the 2xxx NoteII PRL:

Preferred Roaming List Release: Samsung Note II

On 6/13/13, Sprint released a new Preferred Roaming List (PRL) series 2xxx, for Samsung Note II (SPH-L900) devices only.

• The PRLs are designed to remove access to Sprint's 800 MHz network based on reported issues of the inability to make/receive voice calls and text messages while using this network.
  • The new PRL's have been sent out to all the Samsung Note II devices.
  • This is a temporary solution until a root cause and fix is found for this device.
  • The PRL will continue to allow access to Sprint's 1900 CDMA and roaming partner networks.
  • Customers experiencing problems should be directed to update the PRL via device settings.
  • Like 1

Thanks for doing this as this has been one of the things on my list. The one stop shop for PRL info instead of new threads anytime there is an update. This will be a sticky.

I had a feeling it was something you had planned, but I had access to all of them at once, officially. Much faster than figuring it out on your own with every phone, and much easier than trying to figure out each corporate PRL.

So, still no word on why the note 2's on PRL 2000? I've noticed some 4g auth issues with 65009, but it work fine on 2000, so I wonder if 800 ESMR and 4G 1900 aren't playing nice.

Also, heh. 16015 is MBB, yet our Store's GS3 is on it.

So, still no word on why the note 2's on PRL 2000? I've noticed some 4g auth issues with 65009, but it work fine on 2000, so I wonder if 800 ESMR and 4G 1900 aren't playing nice.

Also, heh. 16015 is MBB, yet our Store's GS3 is on it.

Weird.. Since I had no issues using it in Dallas. I bet we will see a baseband update soon though.

Not sure why you would see LTE Auth issues as all the prl has in it is basically an on/off switch for that Geo to scan for LTE or not.

Weird.. Since I had no issues using it in Dallas. I bet we will see a baseband update soon though.

Not sure why you would see LTE Auth issues as all the prl has in it is basically an on/off switch for that Geo to scan for LTE or not.

I'm wondering if I was experiencing whatever issue that ran into. I made this post around June 6th. I have screenshots further down the thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3916-before-after-cdma1x-800/page-2&do=findComment&comment=149947

I'm speculating, but I've noticed that the moment I switch from 2000 back to 65009, my 4G LTE refuses to connect.

Thanks, cool spreadsheet!

I see the 51xxx series PRLs are intended for any device not utilizing simultaneous LTE and voice. Is the iPhone the only hardware on the network that falls in to this category?

Thanks, cool spreadsheet!

I see the 51xxx series PRLs are intended for any device not utilizing simultaneous LTE and voice. Is the iPhone the only hardware on the network that falls in to this category?

As far as I know, yes.

I'm going to be doing a road trip from stlouis to washdc in july, I have an htc one and note2, is there any particular recommended 'best' or custom prl for either/both devices that have working 3g roaming/800smr/lte ?

I'm going to be doing a road trip from stlouis to washdc in july, I have an htc one and note2, is there any particular recommended 'best' or custom prl for either/both devices that have working 3g roaming/800smr/lte ?

The Note II has its own set of PRLs. The Corporate one with 3G roaming is 2001The HTC One is a svLTE AWM device, so it would be 540xx for the corporate 3G PRL.

The latest PRL series xxx15 and xxx97 have nationwide 800smr for all SIDs that will be used.

• Like 1

On 6/13/13, Sprint released a new Preferred Roaming List (PRL) series 2xxx, for Samsung Note II (SPH-L900) devices only.

• The PRLs are designed to remove access to Sprint's 800 MHz network based on reported issues of the inability to make/receive voice calls and text messages while using this network.
  • This is a temporary solution until a root cause and fix is found for this device.
  • The PRL will continue to allow access to Sprint's 1900 CDMA and roaming partner networks.
  • Customers experiencing problems should be directed to update the PRL via device settings.
    • If customer is still experiencing problems with this PRL series, open the appropriate network trouble ticket.

I have the PRL 2000 and where i work, in a metal building of all :/, i get no signal on Sprint, none at all and it will not roam it will keep trying to get Sprint signal, killing my battery. I go into work usually with 80% left and after working for 5 to 6 hours ill have 20% left. Will a new, when they push it, PRL help? or just to do with them working on towers in my area. 

I'm speculating, but I've noticed that the moment I switch from 2000 back to 65009, my 4G LTE refuses to connect.

Are you using stock TW or CM10.1?  There is a bug on CM10.1 with the RIL changes in the last month where you can install CM and LTE/eHRPD works until the first reboot, then it appears the network registration dies and you are stuck on shady EVDO/1X.

• If customer is still experiencing problems with this PRL series, open the appropriate network trouble ticket.

Well, I guess since this has been straight up copied and pasted from the Sprint Daily News...

Are you using stock TW or CM10.1?  There is a bug on CM10.1 with the RIL changes in the last month where you can install CM and LTE/eHRPD works until the first reboot, then it appears the network registration dies and you are stuck on shady EVDO/1X.

That's got to be what it is. I've been on TW for a bit, but was switching back and forth for a while. I'll have to do some more testing to figure out exactly what's going on. Sadly, neither my home nor work are currently in 4G LTE areas, it's only when out and about that I'm constantly distracted by my phone and trying to make it work...

What does the June 4th and April 12th dates mean on the spreadsheet?  How do I use the spreadsheet to know what I should be using?  I have an iPhone 5 and my PRL is 51097.

What does the June 4th and April 12th dates mean on the spreadsheet? How do I use the spreadsheet to know what I should be using? I have an iPhone 5 and my PRL is 51097.

The dates represent the date each PRL was released.

Performing a PRL update will automatically send the most current PRL for your phone and account type. On the iPhone you perform updates by dialing ##UPDATE# and hitting the call button.

The info in this thread is exactly that, information.Sprint must pay for all roaming usage so it segregates corporate accounts with better roaming experience in some areas due to roaming agreements with whatever carrier is there. Consumer accounts may be limited to 1x roaming where corporate accounts may have EVDO roaming.

• Like 1

Anyone on the iPhone5 51097 update? Anyone know what the change from 96 is. I'm still on 51096 just wondering what changed before I update

Official change logs are on the second tab of the Google doc.

xxx97 - Updated to add Band Class 10 support nationwide for all planned markets. Roaming changes in eastern Colorado and western Kansas.