Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

Interesting, because Clear has 4G in Pendleton & Hermiston and a strong sales presence in the Tri-Cities. Walla Walla and La Grande are only 3G as far as I know.

My son is currently grounded on a Samsung Replenish after breaking three slider phones in less than 2 years.

Here are maps of the coverage from the WiMax Protection Sites in Walla Walla and La Grande. Both are confirmed as working in the past:

gallery_1_1_16682.jpg

gallery_1_1_72662.jpg

• Like 1

Robert. Based on what you know right now, is A/L still on track for up to 110 sites a month in Los Angeles as listed in your article? It doesn't seem like Los Angeles is moving fast enough for a end of september launch. Are the stinkin birds holding up progress in LA?

Robert. Based on what you know right now, is A/L still on track for up to 110 sites a month in Los Angeles as listed in your article? It doesn't seem like Los Angeles is moving fast enough for a end of september launch. Are the stinkin birds holding up progress in LA?

I'm not optimistic about any launches before October 1st at this point. :td:

Robert

Aloha! I can confirm at this time that Hawaii is not in the first two rounds of Network Vision/LTE deployment. Stay tuned to S4GRU.com for more updates about the Hawaii market in the future.

Robert

Aloha Robert!

It is almost 5 months since I posted this question?

is there any new information regarding Hawaii?

I know we have a map which you have posted

with coverage after NV is completed.

I would like to know weather Hawaii will make the 3rd or 4th round of NV/LTE roll out?

Or if there is any schedule date for the upgrades of Hawaii's towers to commence?

I have given my Wife my Evo 4G LTE (which BTW is an awesome phone) and reactivated my Rooted Cm7 O.G Evo.

Once you get a taste 4G(6-12MB DL here) you can't go back to 3G (.800-2MB).

I mean 3G isn't that bad here. However, you will notice a huge difference especially when Browsing the internet,downloading

apps from the market,Youtube HD, and Netflix.

Example... Olympic live App 40+MB. With 4G Wimax about a about a minute and a half at most to download.

Tried updating with 3G? forget it. Hit update and went to have lunch.

I give you all credit for those of you that are using a 4G LTE phone with no 4G signal.

I personally can't handle it.

Hopefully Robert has some information?

Mahalo!

HD

I do not have finalized schedules for any 2013 markets. I do not expect them before the Fall. I do have lists that show 2013 markets in the 3rd and 4th Rounds, but I am not comfortable releasing it. There has been some jockeying in 2013 markets and I'm a little concerned about them being accurate. So, for the time being I'm not prepared to release any 2013 info.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Thanks for the timely reply Robert.

I guess my next question would be?

At the latest? Is it possible we in Hawaii could be waiting till 2014 before

LTE network goes live or is Hawaii(although there is a NV coverage map for us) might not get

LTE?

Thanks again Robert

Aloha,

HD

Sent from my Coconut wireless ooo/

Thanks for the timely reply Robert.

I guess my next question would be?

At the latest? Is it possible we in Hawaii could be waiting till 2014 before

LTE network goes live or is Hawaii(although there is a NV coverage map for us) might not get

LTE?

Thanks again Robert

Aloha,

HD

Sent from my Coconut wireless ooo/

At the earliest, Hawaii deployment would start in February 2013. At the latest, January 2014. Hawaii will indeed get LTE. Less than 100 sites of Sprint's 38,000 sites will not get LTE. Even if all 100 were in Hawaii (which they aren't), then Sprint would still have pretty decent LTE coverage. However, you can expect LTE on virtually every single site in Hawaii once completed.

Robert

• Like 1

So how does Sprint choose who gets hit with the LTE fairy first?

Obviously, big cities like LA and NYC are early in line, but for the next markets (20-50 in size) how is it determined? General population or sprint subscribers or sprint revenue?

So how does Sprint choose who gets hit with the LTE fairy first?

Obviously, big cities like LA and NYC are early in line, but for the next markets (20-50 in size) how is it determined? General population or sprint subscribers or sprint revenue?

There is no definite rhyme or reason that is easy to decipher from the lists. I believe it is either population or subscriber numbers, by market. And the variances in those lists from that is because some markets are easier or harder, because of backhaul availability and government issues (like planning, zoning and permitting).

Robert

At the earliest, Hawaii deployment would start in February 2013. At the latest, January 2014. Hawaii will indeed get LTE. Less than 100 sites of Sprint's 38,000 sites will not get LTE. Even if all 100 were in Hawaii (which they aren't), then Sprint would still have pretty decent LTE coverage. However, you can expect LTE on virtually every single site in Hawaii once completed.

Robert

Thanks again Robert for your timely response.

I feel relieved in that we will

Be getting LTE here.

Mahalo!

HD

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Robert,

Hello I am brand new to this forum. Supposedly Dallas Fort Worth is covered with 4G LTE and the Sprint map says so where I am located. I am not getting a 4G signal anywhere on my phone. What do I need to do to my Samsung Galaxy SIII to get it to recognize the 4G Signal? I went into the Internet Settings and found Mobile Network. I changed it to LTE/CDMA from the Factory CDMA setting but so far "no dice".

Is there an update or reset that you know of that I need to do to received the LTE signal?

Also how do I get a forum password to enter this Forum on http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Thank you

Eugene

Robert,

Hello I am brand new to this forum. Supposedly Dallas Fort Worth is covered with 4G LTE and the Sprint map says so where I am located. I am not getting a 4G signal anywhere on my phone. What do I need to do to my Samsung Galaxy SIII to get it to recognize the 4G Signal? I went into the Internet Settings and found Mobile Network. I changed it to LTE/CDMA from the Factory CDMA setting but so far "no dice".

Is there an update or reset that you know of that I need to do to received the LTE signal?

Also how do I get a forum password to enter this Forum on http://s4gru.com/ind...sites-complete/

Thank you

Eugene

Welcome.

To see the Sponsor Forum, become a sponsor.

Make sure your GS3 is running the latest update (baseband version L710VPLG8) . The LG8 update has been pushing out for more than two weeks, but still not all devices have received it.

I'm not optimistic about any launches before October 1st at this point. :td:

Robert

Any rumors as of yet for north of sacramento ca? Somehow I'm thinking late 2013 if not later. Really hoping not though.. But we haven't exactly been lucky when it comes to these things

Any rumors as of yet for north of sacramento ca? Somehow I'm thinking late 2013 if not later. Really hoping not though.. But we haven't exactly been lucky when it comes to these things

All of Northern California (and Northern Nevada), north of Sacramento is in the Sprint Upper Central Valley market. This market is slated to begin in 2013. Detailed schedules are not yet completed for 2013 markets and will likely not be available until some time in the Fall.

Robert

All of Northern California (and Northern Nevada), north of Sacramento is in the Sprint Upper Central Valley market. This market is slated to begin in 2013. Detailed schedules are not yet completed for 2013 markets and will likely not be available until some time in the Fall.

Robert

Thanks brotha.. odds are I'll pick up a LTE device once they light up at least sac... Which will put me into the norm im used to anyways. Sac looking at the same time frame?

Thanks brotha.. odds are I'll pick up a LTE device once they light up at least sac... Which will put me into the norm im used to anyways. Sac looking at the same time frame?

Yes

Hey folks, While I do see the number of towers increasing in the Houston Area non of them are showing 3g. Does this mean that Sprint isn't working on the 3g portion of NV in Houston right now and just 4g? Also, it looks as if Houston and Dallas hasn't moved much from its orginal 15% position at launch. Is this because there are hundreds of towers in those two areas and if so how many towers are in the Houston market?

Thanks,

Hey folks' date=' While I do see the number of towers increasing in the Houston Area non of them are showing 3g. Does this mean that Sprint isn't working on the 3g portion of NV in Houston right now and just 4g? Also, it looks as if Houston and Dallas hasn't moved much from its orginal 15% position at launch. Is this because there are hundreds of towers in those two areas and if so how many towers are in the Houston market?

Thanks,[/quote']

The only towers with their 3G upgrades live in the Houston market are to the North and West of Conroe. As for percentages, they do not update automatically. I have to manually adjust them and I haven't done that with the last two updates. I will get to that this week.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Robert,

Also how do I get a forum password to enter this Forum on http://s4gru.com/ind...sites-complete/

Thank you

Eugene

Aside from the update, you need to make sure your phone is in LTE mode as well.

If you haven’t changed this, the phone ships with CDMA only setting.

Settings>More Settings>Mobile networks>Network mode>LTE/CDMA

After this, your phone will restart and find 4G LTE as long as you are within the covered area

After looking at the updated schedule completion for the first round markets based on the current monthly completion rate, it makes more sense now that big cities like LA, NYC, Dallas, Washington DC, Boston, etc will take another 6-12 months to complete the market entirely.

I was really starting to wonder how the heck can these vendors make up so much time especially San Antonio which originally was suppose to be 100% by October 2012.

After looking at the updated schedule completion for the first round markets based on the current monthly completion rate, it makes more sense now that big cities like LA, NYC, Dallas, Washington DC, Boston, etc will take another 6-12 months to complete the market entirely.

I was really starting to wonder how the heck can these vendors make up so much time especially San Antonio which originally was suppose to be 100% by October 2012.

Yeah. I decided to make a "Original Scheduled Completion" date and a "Current Production Rate Completion" date because of how things have progressed (or lacked to progress).

Robert

Man, some of those dates seem rather depressing how slow they are going. :( I sure how they speed up soon on completing sites.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I wonder if we get some tower damage in Louisiana from the storm if they will move those towers up in the schedule. :)

Trying to find the positives in the storm.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Quick question' date=' is there a reason Austin is delayed? Did they just stop working on the city??[/quote']

They never actually started, the best we can tell. The only work done in the Austin market was the FIT in Waco. We don't know why the start in the rest of the market is delayed. Some have speculated that perhaps they have moved the subcontractors from Austin over to DFW and Houston. But we don't know.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner