Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

So my dad (zip code 01890) has had terrible service for well over a month now. Every call to customer service has been "network vision, wait a few more days!"

.....right.

Obviously, the answer to every signal problem at the call center is "network vision".

Whats the real timeline on work, and do they really turn off a tower to work on it for a few months....?

So my dad (zip code 01890) has had terrible service for well over a month now. Every call to customer service has been "network vision' date=' wait a few more days!"

.....right.

Obviously, the answer to every signal problem at the call center is "network vision".

Whats the real timeline on work, and do they really turn off a tower to work on it for a few months....?[/quote']

Yes they are currently working on Boston.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

• Like 1

That I understand' date=' but does the work invovle turning off a tower for a few months, thus creating a dead zone?[/quote']

It shouldn't.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

That I understand, but does the work invovle turning off a tower for a few months, thus creating a dead zone?

Read all the problems the Chicago area is having http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1084-chicago-land-nvlte-deployment/

Network vision install certainly disrupts cell service, but once it is turned on, it will provide the best service of any network.

• Like 1

So let me get this right every sprint tower everywhere will have LTE by the end of 2013. I'm up here in center of Wisconsin, I have a phone upgrade coming in sept. I'd like to know in what time frame would I see LTE? thanks! :)

about month ago I was seeing over 2mbps down here and now i'm lucky if I get 600kbps drop calls aswell. not sure why that is?

Edited by n9ovreric

After seeing some of Roberts notes yesterday I am guessing that previously stated by "End of 2013" is going to be slipping. By how much I have no idea though but he made the comment they only hit 50% of what they had expected to complete by the end of last month. I am guessing we will have to wait for another month of data to see if that was an anomaly or the new normal.

So let me get this right every sprint tower everywhere will have LTE by the end of 2013. I'm up here in center of Wisconsin' date=' I have a phone upgrade coming in sept. I'd like to know in what time frame would I see LTE? thanks! :)

about month ago I was seeing over 2mbps down here and now i'm lucky if I get 600kbps drop calls aswell. not sure why that is?[/quote']

Over 99% of Sprint sites will get LTE. And the few that do not are in dense areas with redundant coverages from other LTE sites. There also may be a few very remote rural sites in the West that may also not get LTE. But it's only approximately 150 sites out of 38,000.

After seeing some of Roberts notes yesterday I am guessing that previously stated by "End of 2013" is going to be slipping. By how much I have no idea though but he made the comment they only hit 50% of what they had expected to complete by the end of last month. I am guessing we will have to wait for another month of data to see if that was an anomaly or the new normal.

I have been saying (and Sprint has too) that deployment should continue into 2014. However, it appears that Sprint should be able to start all markets before the end of 2013.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Over 99% of Sprint sites will get LTE. And the few that do not are in dense areas with redundant coverages from other LTE sites. There also may be a few very remote rural sites in the West that may also not get LTE. But it's only approximately 150 sites out of 38,000.

I have been saying (and Sprint has too) that deployment should continue into 2014. However, it appears that Sprint should be able to start all markets before the end of 2013.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Any way we can see which sites won't get LTE in an interactive map?

When is louisville Ky going to be started.

I have an article planned regarding the West Kentucky market soon. Stay tuned.

Robert

• Like 1

Still waiting to see when will CRP will be added? ;)

CRP is in the South Texas market. This market will not begin deployment until some time in 2013.

Robert

• Like 1

Thank you for the LTE map of Oregon. Unfortunately it does not show the area where I live and work in the Northeast corner of Oregon and the Southeast corner of Washington. We have WiMax currently via protected sites, but signal penetration is very weak. Will LTE be any stronger?

I am eligible for a phone upgrade in September and would like to know if there is a chance we will see LTE in my area in the next 22 months?

Thank you for the LTE map of Oregon. Unfortunately it does not show the area where I live and work in the Northeast corner of Oregon and the Southeast corner of Washington. We have WiMax currently via protected sites, but signal penetration is very weak. Will LTE be any stronger?

I am eligible for a phone upgrade in September and would like to know if there is a chance we will see LTE in my area in the next 22 months?

in Wallowa National Forest? thats the only thing i see in that area you describe. Or are you talking about Clarkston Wash? Or Wala Walla, Oregon?

I see one tower on NFD road in the Park but that's not due to go LTE until late 2013 (as per the Premier Sponsors map) maybe Rob has newer data.

TS

in Wallowa National Forest? thats the only thing i see in that area you describe. Or are you talking about Clarkston Wash? Or Wala Walla, Oregon?

I see one tower on NFD road in the Park but that's not due to go LTE until late 2013 (as per the Premier Sponsors map) maybe Rob has newer data.

TS

Not that far in the corner. We have Clear/Sprint 4G in Hermiston & Pendleton, Oregon. At least 3G maybe 4G in La Grande, Oregon and Walla Walla, Washington.

The 4G works fine if you have a clear line of sight to the tower. If you go behind a building or even a tree, then the signal is lost. I can get 4G on my front porch, but not inside my house. Will LTE signal be any stronger and have more penetration power?

I am trying to figure out what to do with my upgrade.

Not that far in the corner. We have Clear/Sprint 4G in Hermiston & Pendleton, Oregon. At least 3G maybe 4G in La Grande, Oregon and Walla Walla, Washington.

The 4G works fine if you have a clear line of sight to the tower. If you go behind a building or even a tree, then the signal is lost. I can get 4G on my front porch, but not inside my house. Will LTE signal be any stronger and have more penetration power?

I am trying to figure out what to do with my upgrade.

4G LTE is basically going on every site that 3G is on now. LTE is being deployed on a better frequency than WiMax, and it goes further and handles obstacles noticeably better. If you have a 3G signal of -90dBm or stronger now, you will likely have a good and usable LTE signal when it arrives on the sites in your area.

Robert

If you have a 3G signal of -90dBm or stronger now, you will likely have a good and usable LTE signal when it arrives on the sites in your area.

Hmm. Life is making you pessimistic. IIRC, you once said -100 dBm or stronger.

if you have 3G you will have 4G LTE

4G LTE is basically going on every site that 3G is on now. LTE is being deployed on a better frequency than WiMax, and it goes further and handles obstacles noticeably better. If you have a 3G signal of -90dBm or stronger now, you will likely have a good and usable LTE signal when it arrives on the sites in your area.

Robert

Is there an "unless Sprint runs out of money for NV before 2014" caveat?

It is good to know that LTE upgrades are planned for 3G sites. Is there a chance that my Clear 4G sites will get LTE any sooner?

From what I have read, the current generation of Sprint LTE phones cannot pick up Clear LTE signals, so should I wait to upgrade until those phones are available in the Spring 2013?

Maybe Sprint will get the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE by then.

If I get a WiMax phone, will my current Clear 4G protection sites continue to broadcast for the next 22 months?

And finally, if I use my upgrade now for a Wmax phone and my son's upgrade next Spring for an LTE phone, can we switch phones?

Hmm. Life is making you pessimistic. IIRC, you once said -100 dBm or stronger.

After using my Verizon hotspot and reading more about Verizon's network, I don't think using LTE above -95dBm RSSI (-120dBm RSRP) is going to be very useful, on any LTE network. It appears to be the limit to the LTE airlink for useable data. Around -95dBm, download is a trickle, and upload is non-existent. Around -90dBm, performance takes a huge hit. And depending on your LTE radio, may not be usable at all beyond that.

My -100dBm comments were based on FIT data I've read. Real world conditions do not support it so far.

Robert

Is there an "unless Sprint runs out of money for NV before 2014" caveat?

It is good to know that LTE upgrades are planned for 3G sites. Is there a chance that my Clear 4G sites will get LTE any sooner?

From what I have read, the current generation of Sprint LTE phones cannot pick up Clear LTE signals, so should I wait to upgrade until those phones are available in the Spring 2013?

Maybe Sprint will get the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE by then.

If I get a WiMax phone, will my current Clear 4G protection sites continue to broadcast for the next 22 months?

And finally, if I use my upgrade now for a Wmax phone and my son's upgrade next Spring for an LTE phone, can we switch phones?

Sprint is in no danger of going bankrupt between now and 2014. They have very little debt even due in that time frame. There is no reason to be concerned about that.

Where Clearwire has deployed its 4G WiMax has no bearing on the deployment order of Sprint LTE. Additionally, Clearwire has no plans to add LTE to its entire existing WiMax footprint. Clearwire is only adding LTE in high capacity areas in major markets. I would not expect Clearwire to add LTE to markets like the Tri-Cities, Hermiston/Pendleton or Protection Sites for several years (if ever). Only people in major markets would have an advantage (and even that is debtable) to wait for Clearwire LTE device compatibility.

I think there is a good chance that Sprint will get the Galaxy 2 Note this year. Probably long before there is a device that supports Clearwire LTE.

It has been stated that Clearwire will keep the WiMax network operating until 2015. And Protection Sites are pretty safe to keep operating, because Clearwire would lose its FCC license for that area if they let them go dark. However, note that Pendleton, Hermiston and the Tri-Cities are not Protection Site deployment, but normal deployments. The Walla Walla and La Grande sites are protection sites.

Yes, you can switch phones, no problem. If you can pry it out of your son's hands!

Robert

...note that Pendleton, Hermiston and the Tri-Cities are not Protection Site deployment, but normal deployments. The Walla Walla and La Grande sites are protection sites.

Yes, you can switch phones, no problem. If you can pry it out of your son's hands!

Robert

Interesting, because Clear has 4G in Pendleton & Hermiston and a strong sales presence in the Tri-Cities. Walla Walla and La Grande are only 3G as far as I know.

My son is currently grounded on a Samsung Replenish after breaking three slider phones in less than 2 years.