BenChase7

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Sprint LG Optimus G, LG G2, HTC One max
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

And that brings us all back to the question about new towers, did they just get plain upgrades and aren't ready for NV, or will they be partly NV ready from the time they are turned on?

The "new tower" I checked out in PHX was legacy equipment. So I guess that means they are not installing Network Vision equipment till they arrive to that market to do the full NV buildout. (although this is just one experience in an isolated case.)

#522 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

S4GRU Moderator & Contributing Author

• S4GRU Staff
  • 10,038 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Gold iPhone Plus 128GB, White/Silver iPad mini 64GB
  • LocationPahrump, NV & Visalia, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

The "new tower" I checked out in PHX was legacy equipment. So I guess that means they are not installing Network Vision equipment till they arrive to that market to do the full NV buildout. (although this is just one experience in an isolated case.)

Frankly, I consider that a waste of resources. They could have gotten everything ready for NV, but just put a software restriction in to prevent faster data speeds to maintain their "schedule". Oh well, that's just my opinion.

Current Devices:
Gold iPhone 6 Plus 128GB & White/Silver iPad mini 64GB (1st Gen)
Mid 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, & Mac OS X 10.10 Build 14A389
My BBM pin: 79FE87B4

#523 92EG8

92EG8

Member Level: iDEN *chirp*

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC EVO 4GLTE
  • LocationWaukegan IL/Kenosha Wisc

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Hey Robert would you be able to tell me if they started NV in 60087? Around Lewis and sunset?

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!
Phone: HTC Evo 4G LTE(HW003)
Rom:Rejuvenated Stock
Kernel:Stock
Recovery:TWRP 2.1.8

#524 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 24,444 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Sharp Aquos Crystal, BlackBerry Z30, Nexus 5
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Frankly, I consider that a waste of resources. They could have gotten everything ready for NV, but just put a software restriction in to prevent faster data speeds to maintain their "schedule". Oh well, that's just my opinion.

I agree to some extent. However, I wonder if new sites are handled by their Network Manager, Ericsson? ALU is the NV vendor for Phoenix. So its probably two separate contracts handling two separate things. Plus, we don't know how "new" this site is. Is it one month old, three months old, six months old? We aren't sure.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

#525 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 24,444 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Hey Robert would you be able to tell me if they started NV in 60087? Around Lewis and sunset?

Looks like they are just starting NV at some sites in Waukegan. Three of them are scheduled to start NV in May. The rest look like August. The May sites will have 3G come live pretty quickly. The 4G LTE will come live later (like all the Chicago market). Although it appears the schedule may have slipped a little by a week or two.

#526 imex99

imex99

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 5
  • LocationGranville, Ohio

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Any NV around 43023 Posted Image

Posted Image

My typical 3g speed.... Can't wait for NV news.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

#527 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 24,444 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Any NV around 43023

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Uhhhh...no.

#528 Mistafreeze

Mistafreeze

Member Level: Morse Code

• S4GRU Member
  • 15 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC Evo LTE
  • LocationLa Porte City, Iowa

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I noticed in this article http://s4gru.com/ind...ge-for-chicago/ that it says some sites are going up in North East Iowa. I'm curious if this includes any around the 50702, 50613, or 50651 zipcodes (Waterloo/Cedar Falls Area). The slow speeds here are killing me :(

Also, if you have any information on the schedule for tower DM03IP329 @ 42.518472330470786, -92.44050732424769, I have a clear view of it from work as my workplace is on the corner of Adams and Irving. I was thinking about setting up a time lapse camera to watch the upgrades.

#529 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 24,444 posts
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

I noticed in this article http://s4gru.com/ind...ge-for-chicago/ that it says some sites are going up in North East Iowa. I'm curious if this includes any around the 50702, 50613, or 50651 zipcodes (Waterloo/Cedar Falls Area). The slow speeds here are killing me :(

Also, if you have any information on the schedule for tower DM03IP329 @ 42.518472330470786, -92.44050732424769, I have a clear view of it from work as my workplace is on the corner of Adams and Irving. I was thinking about setting up a time lapse camera to watch the upgrades.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I need to add an update to this article. When I originally wrote the first completed draft of this article, it did not include any info about Northeast Iowa at all. It was only about the Chicago market based on documents we seen.

However, just prior to publishing, I was contacted by a source about Network Vision equipment deliveries that were occurring in several communities in NE Iowa and St. Cloud, Minnesota. At that time, not knowing as much about NV deployment as I do now, I made the assumption that Network Vision was beginning in those markets. We have since learned that NV Equipment deliveries (especially by Samsung) are happening far, far in advance in many locations. NV Equipment deliveries have very little bearing on the actual NV schedule.

Also since the date this article was published we have seen national NV schedules and local NV schedules. We know definitively that even though equipment has landed in NE Iowa for Samsung to use in the future, NV has not begun in that market. Planning, permitting and design are not even complete in that area. There will likely not be any NV deployment in any of the Iowa markets until 2013. Minnesota will start sooner, though.

This point is one of the reasons why we no longer publish anything anymore based upon verbal communication, but only on things we see ourselves. Sorry for the confusion and disappointment this causes.

Robert

#530 Mistafreeze

Mistafreeze

Member Level: Morse Code

• S4GRU Member
  • 15 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC Evo LTE
  • LocationLa Porte City, Iowa

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Not a problem, I'm not going to go jump off a bridge or anything!! :lol:

I had figured on 2013 before I saw that, just wanted some clarification. Us hillbillies here in Iowa aren't a high priority, lol.

#531 92EG8

92EG8

Member Level: iDEN *chirp*

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC EVO 4GLTE
  • LocationWaukegan IL/Kenosha Wisc

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Looks like they are just starting NV at some sites in Waukegan. Three of them are scheduled to start NV in May. The rest look like August. The May sites will have 3G come live pretty quickly. The 4G LTE will come live later (like all the Chicago market). Although it appears the schedule may have slipped a little by a week or two.

Wait so in Waukegan they are only going to work on 3 towers? Could you possibly tell me at which locations? And I'm going to become a sponsor once I get paid next week.(Car needed a new motor and clutch this payday.)

Phone: HTC Evo 4G LTE(HW003)
Rom:Rejuvenated Stock
Kernel:Stock
Recovery:TWRP 2.1.8

#532 Sanyo M1

Sanyo M1

Member Level: 1xRTT

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG Nexus 5
  • LocationMN

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Not sure if they are NV upgrades or not, but the Sprint network site says 55912 is slated for 3 upgrades on two towers in "next 6 months", though that has been like that for awhile. I've heard that they will be happening around July 30th. Is it possible to verify that, Robert? The slow speeds in town are absolutely brutal, Straight Talk phones did not help the matter either.

Thanks.

#533 pyroscott

pyroscott

S4GRU Contributing Author

• S4GRU Staff Member
  • 4,698 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Xoom 4G
  • LocationSt. Cloud, MN

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Not sure if they are NV upgrades or not, but the Sprint network site says 55912 is slated for 3 upgrades on two towers in "next 6 months", though that has been like that for awhile. I've heard that they will be happening around July 30th. Is it possible to verify that, Robert? The slow speeds in town are absolutely brutal, Straight Talk phones did not help the matter either.

Thanks.

Those are the "band aid" fixes that are aiming to make 3G usable until network vision upgrades the towers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire running CM9.

#534 Sanyo M1

Sanyo M1

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG Nexus 5
  • LocationMN

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Those are the "band aid" fixes that are aiming to make 3G usable until network vision upgrades the towers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire running CM9.

Ok, thanks for the info.

#535 Madfelon

Madfelon

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 5
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

I am thinking NV has started here in Chicago. This past week I have had numerous dropped calls and the data is even slower than before. A few co workers have also stated they are dropping calls as of this week. It seems to be happening all over the city, my home on south side, my work in the west side and my coworkers homes up on the north side. Hopefully by august or September they are running full steam on NV.

#536 4ginnc

4ginnc

She sells pCells by the seashore

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • LocationFranklinton, NC

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

There has been some discussion on this topic in a different thread on this forum.

Here's a link to it, which should give you more info

http://s4gru.com/ind...__fromsearch__1
Pebble blue Samsung Galaxy SIII

#537 kinglove

kinglove

Member Level: Smoke Signals

• S4GRU Member
  • 1 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo 3d
  • Locationlouisville

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Any news on Louisville KY?

#538 pyroscott

pyroscott

S4GRU Contributing Author

• S4GRU Staff Member
  • 4,698 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Xoom 4G
  • LocationSt. Cloud, MN

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Any news on Louisville KY?

Louisville KY falls in the West Kentucky market, which is not in the first 2 rounds and Robert is not speculating on 3rd and 4th rounds because there is way too many variables to have any degree of accuracy. It will most likely be 2013.

#539 The Noble Robot

The Noble Robot

• S4GRU Member
  • 3 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Evo
  • LocationMpls

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Minnesota will start sooner, though.

I know it's in the second round, but... how much sooner? :P

(First post, so I thought I'd hedge my shameless beg with a quick "thanks for this site!")

Edited by The Noble Robot, 11 May 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#540 tmloard

tmloard

• S4GRU Member
  • 2 posts
  • Phones/Devices:HTC EVO LTE
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Start DC please...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users