Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I am saddened to see that Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati, is not included anywhere on any list. It is so disheartening to constantly see Cincinnati placed dead last by Sprint when it comes to network upgrades. Recently, I know Sprint did major updates to the 3G service and signal reception has greatly improved. however, I have reported the same place/area known for dropped for calls twice a year for the past 9 years and i always receive the same report, "everything is working fine." Clearly i welcome the updates to the 3G service, which, btw, are abysmal to run the iPhone 4S, but with horrible 4G coverage in Cincinnati and overly taxed 3G service i the area, speeds are pathetic. I was considering upgrading toe Samsung galaxy S III with LTE but why bother upgrading when 4G is mediocre at best and it appears that Cincinnati will never receive LTE service according to the threads I have read.

I am saddened to see that Southwest Ohio' date=' Cincinnati, is not included anywhere on any list. It is so disheartening to constantly see Cincinnati placed dead last by Sprint when it comes to network upgrades. Recently, I know Sprint did major updates to the 3G service and signal reception has greatly improved. however, I have reported the same place/area known for dropped for calls twice a year for the past 9 years and i always receive the same report, "everything is working fine." Clearly i welcome the updates to the 3G service, which, btw, are abysmal to run the iPhone 4S, but with horrible 4G coverage in Cincinnati and overly taxed 3G service i the area, speeds are pathetic. I was considering upgrading toe Samsung galaxy S III with LTE but why bother upgrading when 4G is mediocre at best and it appears that Cincinnati will never receive LTE service according to the threads I have read.[/quote']

Cincinnati will receive LTE, but they were a smaller market with 4G WiMax already, and Sprint pushed a couple non-4g WiMax markets ahead of Cincinnati.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

I am saddened to see that Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati, is not included anywhere on any list. It is so disheartening to constantly see Cincinnati placed dead last by Sprint when it comes to network upgrades. Recently, I know Sprint did major updates to the 3G service and signal reception has greatly improved. however, I have reported the same place/area known for dropped for calls twice a year for the past 9 years and i always receive the same report, "everything is working fine." Clearly i welcome the updates to the 3G service, which, btw, are abysmal to run the iPhone 4S, but with horrible 4G coverage in Cincinnati and overly taxed 3G service i the area, speeds are pathetic. I was considering upgrading toe Samsung galaxy S III with LTE but why bother upgrading when 4G is mediocre at best and it appears that Cincinnati will never receive LTE service according to the threads I have read.

Never? You don't think Cincinnati will ever receive Sprint LTE service based on reading our site? Then you have definitely misread the info on our site. However, there is an order for deployment. And some people are going to be disappointed because they all cannot be in the first rounds.

Robert

however, I have reported the same place/area known for dropped for calls twice a year for the past 9 years and i always receive the same report, "everything is working fine."

And, indeed, everything may be "working fine." All carriers have dead spots within their respective coverage footprints. Short of constructing new cell sites just to fill where, for example, a building or a hill unexpectedly shadows usable signal, nothing will fix those spots.

...but why bother upgrading when 4G is mediocre at best and it appears that Cincinnati will never receive LTE service according to the threads I have read.

That sort of hyperbolic, negative attitude will not get much play here at S4GRU. Cincinnati may not be at the forefront of Network Vision, but it is on the schedule. Trust us.

AJ

• Like 2

Never? You don't think Cincinnati will ever receive Sprint LTE service based on reading our site? Then you have definitely misread the info on our site. However, there is an order for deployment. And some people are going to be disappointed because they all cannot be in the first rounds.

Robert

I might have jumped the gun because I stumbled upon this forum and have not read everything. The lists I have read did not include Cincinnati, only Cleveland. Also, I am basing my information from what I was told today at the Sprint store.

I might have jumped the gun because I stumbled upon this forum and have not read everything. The lists I have read did not include Cincinnati, only Cleveland. Also, I am basing my information from what I was told today at the Sprint store.

Cincinnati will receive Network Vision upgrades on every site in the market, including LTE coverage over its entire 3G service area. LTE will be much larger in scope than WiMax was. However, work will not begin in this market until 2013.

Robert

And, indeed, everything may be "working fine." All carriers have dead spots within their respective coverage footprints. Short of constructing new cell sites just to fill where, for example, a building or a hill unexpectedly shadows usable signal, nothing will fix those spots.

That sort of hyperbolic, negative attitude will not get much play here at S4GRU. Cincinnati may not be at the forefront of Network Vision, but it is on the schedule. Trust us.

AJ

I meant upgrading to a new phone, not the LTE rollout. It is in the consumer's best interest to be patient for LTE rollout in Cincinnati prior to purchasing an LTE phone. Many of us paid the $10 monthly premium data fee for several months prior to 4G being active.

From what I have gathered, the Sprint stores either:

A. Create facts to placate the customer standing in front of them

B. Speculate just a tad bit too much regarding LTE in Cincinnati.

C. Their are placards in the Sprint stores that say, "LTE COMING SOON" at every one of the LTE compatible devices.

A 20 year Sprint PCS customer here.... and in the IT field. I understand things take time to be developed, be tweaked, and tweaked some more, and a little more...etc. But with Sprint store customer service reps gesturing and talking that LTE is just right around the corner for Cincinnati... and then stumble upon this forum... I am sure you can understand how mismatched information can be construed as, "is it coming, or not coming soon?

Also, I am basing my information from what I was told today at the Sprint store.

Ah, that was your first mistake.

Repeat after me: I will not ask questions at the Sprint store. I may go to the Sprint store to buy devices and accessories. But I will NOT ask questions at the Sprint store.

AJ

• Like 5

I too get frustrated with sales people who tell you what you want to hear to make a purchase. But, unfortunately, the issue is not limited to Sprint, or even this industry. We all should be leery of sales people and do our own homework. I don't trust any sales people. They only have one goal...to sell you something.

Robert

• Like 2

Many of us paid the $10 monthly premium data fee for several months prior to 4G being active.

As stated, the premium data fee is for premium data, not for 4G.

A 20 year Sprint PCS customer here...

Not to bust your chops, but that, too, is a bit of an exaggeration. Sprint PCS first launched service in 1997. So, at most, you have been a 15 year customer.

AJ

Yeah, I know. I should have known better. I just searched through the forum and see Cincinnati scattered throughout. I see a few others share my frustration. WiMax would be sufficient in the area if devices could hold the 4G signal long enough. However, I am going to stay tuned to this forum and read much more tomorrow...otherwise...before I know it...it will be 6AM as i read everything.

As stated, the premium data fee is for premium data, not for 4G.

Not to bust your chops, but that, too, is a bit of an exaggeration. Sprint PCS first launched service in 1997. So, at most, you have been a 15 year customer.

AJ

Correct. But Sprint was always in the home, too, I had sprint home service and internet. The wireless back then, I believe, was called Centel.

Correct. But Sprint was always in the home, too, I had sprint home service and internet. The wireless back then, I believe, was called Centel.

Yes, Sprint purchased Centel in the early 1990s and changed the name of its Cellular 850 MHz assets to Sprint Cellular. But Sprint kept it for only three years, spinning off Sprint Cellular as 360 Communications (which was acquired by Alltel, then Alltel acquired by VZW). So, the Sprint Cellular heritage has become part of VZW.

In contrast, what we call simply Sprint today is the legacy of Sprint PCS. PCS 1900 MHz licenses did not come into being until 1995. Following license acquisition at FCC auction and network build out, Sprint PCS launched its first markets in 1997. As such, current Sprint subs have, at most, 15 year tenure.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint stores:

Create facts to placate the customer standing in front of them

You nailed it! I could run down the list of times that facts were "bent" at the Sprint store, but I'll spare the details. They are salespeople, do you think the car dealer is going to give you the news that the manufacturer is about to release the next model year with an engine that is 25% more efficient and more powerful? Of course not, they sell you the about to be outdated model, get the commission and might sell you the new car a year or two down the road. If that experience turns you off, it's no skin off their back, they already have their commission in their pocket and you are just one less in a giant pool of brand faithfuls. It sucks, but that is the downfall of the commission system. At least the employees aren't lazy and unwilling to help anyone...

• Like 1

Any new updates for Cleveland?

-technoman888

There will likely not be any Cleveland updates until Fall. If I learn something, you will know.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Cincinnati market deployment will not begin until 2013. The 2013 schedule won't be finalized until Fall.

Robert

Any update for Southwest Florida/Fort Myers launch?

Not yet.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Why is sprint launching these markets with such a low completion percent (Dallas is 9%!)?

I wondered the same thing. My surmise is that this is mostly just a reporting lag within S4GRU, although it was understood that there would be something less than 50 percent at the official launch.

I wondered the same thing. My surmise is that this is mostly just a reporting lag within S4GRU, although it was understood that there would be something less than 50 percent at the official launch.

I could see that. I'm getting a little ichy, and seeing the percent complete here in chicago makes me wonder...