Android 4.4 "Kit Kat" to come in late October (was Key Lime Pie)

kckid

As far as I know, that is a trademarked name. Google is really scraping the bottom of the barrel if it cannot come up with further generic sweet/desert names.

AJ

Don't forget google makes most of its money from advertising. Nestlé and Google are in cahoots here. Kit Kat came out with a funny parody video today even.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

As far as I know, that is a trademarked name.  Google is really scraping the bottom of the barrel if it cannot come up with further generic sweet/desert names.

AJ

They already talked to Nestle about this and they got their blessing.  In fact they are both agreed to run a promotion to win a google tablets, google play cards and free kitkats in the wrapper and have a website to promote it as well.  Google is not that dumb to use a name knowing that is clearly trademarked.  

If the Google legal counsel didn't raise that concern when they first discussed this and got their ducks lined up prior to public release of the next Android version, they should all be fired.

As far as I know, that is a trademarked name. Google is really scraping the bottom of the barrel if it cannot come up with further generic sweet/desert names.

AJ

Desert names? Android 6.0 Maghreb

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Snickers? Peanut Butter Cup? :lol:

Well we gotta get to L and M first before those. But yeah this opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Funny cause android versions were originally named after pop culture androids/robots but licensing proved to be a problem so they scrapped that. And now we're back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

key lime pie got dropped google decided to change to kit kat lol! YAY i love Kit Kats

I caught that (much later after this post)... I just figured it was some silly corporate promo...

Which in a way is exactly what it is (to a whole new level)...

Dammit, I wanted key lime pie... I don't even like kit kats!

Me too! I actually like Kit Kats just fine, but I enjoy Key Lime Pie much more. Maybe they'll go with just "Lime Pie" for the L-release/Android 5.0...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...