Network Vision/LTE - Rochester Market (Rochester, New York)

S4GRU

Posted Image

Looks like Webster might be on NV too.

I'm not 100% sure that NV equipment is the only thing that leads to the super low pings. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that upgraded backhaul also has an effect, albeit not quite as drastic. I wish I could find the post where I first read about NV and pings, but ah well.

At least we can deduce that pings around the market are definitely going down, which would therefore mean work is definitely being done. I just can't wait for the mass acceptance of all the sites!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

NV definitely ongoing in Avon! The highest previous speedtest I ever got was just over 1mb down. Ping is crazy high but I'm loving the 3g speed. Bah, posting screenshot from phone is proving difficult. The speedtest was 1.9mb down and .8 up

• Like 1

I've taken a few speedtests now, I'm averaging roughly 1.8mbit down.  That's from inside my house where signal is a bit inconsistant.  The range is 1.5-2.1mbits.  Just last night returning from work I noticed sprint was down completely here and I was roaming, then around the time I posted I was back on sprint and noticed we browsing was a little snappier so  Idid a speedtest.  As you can see my ping is still really high.  About a year ago I saw the best speeds I ever had here, right about 1mbit.  But the last several months it had gotten pretty bad ~3-500kbit.  Things seem to be progressing nicely in the market now!.  My work buddy lives in Dansville and confirmed the 4g, though I can't get him to do a speedtest :P

post-24389-0-56042900-1377195914_thumb.jpg

Edited by psu2fan
  • Like 1

I've taken a few speedtests now, I'm averaging roughly 1.8mbit down.  That's from inside my house where signal is a bit inconsistant.  The range is 1.5-2.1mbits.  Just last night returning from work I noticed sprint was down completely here and I was roaming, then around the time I posted I was back on sprint and noticed we browsing was a little snappier so  Idid a speedtest.  As you can see my ping is still really high.  About a year ago I saw the best speeds I ever had here, right about 1mbit.  But the last several months it had gotten pretty bad ~3-500kbit.  Things seem to be progressing nicely in the market now!.  My work buddy lives in Dansville and confirmed the 4g, though I can't get him to do a speedtest :P

That is totally awesome, I can't wait for that kind of speed here. You should get your buddy to download sensorly and do some mapping  ;)  ;)  ;)

yeah I wish I could, he's a little funny about that stuff though.  I certainly will do some mapping once 4g is up though

I don't get around too much because I don't have a car, but I will map where I go best that I can  :)

It may not be official yet, but speeds today I think prove pretty well I am running off of NV equipment here in Honeoye Falls, South of the city. Posted Image

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4

The two sites I have been getting the awesome speeds from are officially marked 3G accepted on the map!!! Lets hope Samsung makes quick work of flipping on the LTE switches on their 3G accepted sites.

They are also definitely making their way toward the city as time goes on, I don't think it should be too long now  :D so exciting in an extremely nerdy kind of way!!!

• Like 1

I just pulled 5mbps at the Brockport Farmer's Market. LTE baby!

Just to be clear, I had a 4G icon on my HTC One, indicating that I was indeed pulling from LTE.  I didn't have a chance to screenshot a Speedtest and I went out of range of LTE pretty quickly.

What struck me as awesome, especially coming from a few years of using Sprint WiMax phones, was that when it moved from 3G to 4G and back to 3G, I didn't have any connectivity interruptions.  I'm guessing I kept the same IP.  This is related to eHRPD, right?

• Like 1

My wife received an email from Virgin mobile with a subject line: "big changes are headed your way."

It says "We're upgrading our nationwide network and we've started work near you." and has a link to http://newsroom.virginmobileusa.com/networkvision

I've received no notice from Sprint for my phone, but have noticed an increase in dropped calls which tells me something is happening.

I received a text message from SprintFreeMsg about a month ago saying they were "building you an all-new network" and sent me a link to their site: http://sprint.us/rrn

I've also noticed an increase in dropped calls especially where I live between a couple towers, so hopefully something is going on!

Interesting the 3G speeds are better all the sudden, started this month (more recently) but no towers near me are even on the map yet... must be just a fluke at the times I just happen to do the tests... (I am in Ontario county).  As of 1:58PM (today) 1.84 mbs down and 0.68 up, down load usually hovered at 0.80 and upload has never really changed stats between 0.65-0.80 up.. the pings are shorter now too... 

Interesting the 3G speeds are better all the sudden, started this month (more recently) but no towers near me are even on the map yet... must be just a fluke at the times I just happen to do the tests... (I am in Ontario county).  As of 1:58PM (today) 1.84 mbs down and 0.68 up, down load usually hovered at 0.80 and upload has never really changed stats between 0.65-0.80 up.. the pings are shorter now too... 

I should just mention I live in Canandaigua, NY the tower is on the north side of the city is where I live... (I live with in a block of the cell site, I just don't know how to find the cell site ID). I just went up to that cell site and noticed three (3) new antennas one for each sector (two antennas on each sector direction, one set points north-west, another points south- east, and last south west (all approximately).   

• 4 weeks later...

Awfully quiet around here this last month...

Yes it is.  There appears to be a dearth of activity anywhere near Rochester NY city proper.  Basically the vast majority of Monroe County doesn't seem to have any activity.

I haven't heard any Patriot towers advertisements on the radio lately. Makes me think either they hired people who are now working, but slow since they are new or Patriot lost their contract with Samsung to upgrade the towers around here. Either way I'm guessing it'll be slow going for a while

Very strange to come across this here in Ontario County, The tower closest to me they had 2 antennas per side (one set north, another south east and the last set more west).  The replaced the one side with the new panel antenna (weird looking because Sprints older antennas are very yellow compared to the nice white ones everyone else has)... Anyways, the other tower I saw they LEFT the other antennas alone and just ADDED the new antennas to each side in the middle... Now why they would do that to one tower but not the one closer to me... that boggles my mind, theres way more room the tower near me compared to the other one.. 

Just wanted to post here that in Honeoye Falls today, south of Rochester, my signalcheck app on my S3 was buzzing in alert that I had caught an LTE signal, so we might have a tower in testing or potentially going live today. I will be heading off to work soon, so more details later when I can get outside and walk around.

I will open up sensorly if anything pops up.

One of my customers just reported 4G at the airport... If anyone can confirm that I'd be grateful. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I live near the airport.  I'll check later tonight when I get home from work.  Right now I'm going to be driving around Henrietta until 5pm.