Network Vision/LTE - Idaho Market (including Boise, Twin Falls, Pocatello, Idaho Falls)

BroncoP3t3_

I was frustrated with the poor 3G service I was getting in Boise, ID. Then Rootmetric put out a report giving Sprint poor marks for service and speed. So I tweeted my frustration to Sprint- Here was my response. "We're scheduled to start working there in a few weeks for tower upgrades and to start adding LTE."

post-742-0-58184300-1368820306_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I was frustrated with the poor 3G service I was getting in Boise, ID. Then Rootmetric put out a report giving Sprint poor marks for service and speed. So I tweeted my frustration to Sprint- Here was my response. "We're scheduled to start working there in a few weeks for tower upgrades and to start adding LTE."

Yes indeed. It's true. All Samsung markets are scheduled to be under way by Summer (June 21st). It's coming!

Robert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I might be the only one on this forum interested but I got a more firm timeframe from Sprint via twitter for the Boise rollout. "Within 90 days" Thats better than nothing. Maybe I'll see some LTE on my phone while they are testing.

post-742-0-30638100-1371576460_thumb.png

• Like 1

I'm very interested in this. I just moved to Boise last month from an area that didn't have Wi-Max or LTE. I was excited because my Evo 4G finally got 4G for the first time but the phone was old and ailing. When I was upgrading to my Galaxy S4 I was told that Boise was scheduled to have towers upgraded "by the end of the year." I just rolled my eyes because I've been told that before with my last phone that didn't get 4G until well after my contract was up.

I'm glad to hear that there is something more concrete to base my hopes on. I've been turning on LTE once a day over the last week to check and see if today is the day. I'll post again if I see anything.

• Like 2

I am looking to search for tower building permits and have set up an account with the city of Boise to do so, but does anyone know the name of the vendor that will be performing these upgrades?

Samsung is the OEM for the market, but they are not doing the work it'll be different contractors. I would recommend looking up maybe Sprint or antennas in the search function if you can. Hopefully this helps a little.
  • Like 1

Samsung is the OEM for the market, but they are not doing the work it'll be different contractors. I would recommend looking up maybe Sprint or antennas in the search function if you can. Hopefully this helps a little.

That helped a lot! Thanks.  So far I found two permits in Boise for LTE upgrades and they are already approved.  I am excited that we should have a few operating sites by the end of the year.

• Like 3

That helped a lot! Thanks. So far I found two permits in Boise for LTE upgrades and they are already approved. I am excited that we should have a few operating sites by the end of the year.

Samsung to me seem to be pretty good about bringing up 4g first in most markets so you guys should have a good amount by the end of summer as long as backhaul is in place and such.
  • Like 3

Thanks for the tip on building permits. Here are the addresses of the two Boise permits:

1501 S Federal Way (http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pdsonline/details.aspx?id=BLD13-01145)

4300 S Kennedy (http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pdsonline/details.aspx?id=BLD13-01135)

I'm only slightly disappointed they aren't closer to where I work, but there is finally proof outside of sprint representatives that LTE is underway. I live in Meridian and looked at the building permits and couldn't find anything related to Sprint, LTE, or Benchmark Electric. I'm hoping that I'm just not getting all the results and there is something in the works.

Is it bad that I feel like Sprint would just have these 2 towers just so they can say "Boise has LTE, now leave us alone"?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to SprintCare about a service issue i was having but it was probably just a quick hiccup. I also asked them some questions that can help fix the issue with "Boise has LTE, now leave us alone" and they replied with this great info. Sorry about the time differences, ive been really busy but ive been really eager to post this.

vsTXeXU.png

Hope this helps. Im very anxious myself seeing as how im in those areas quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent news!

*Sensorly or it didn't happen. ;)

It's showing on Sensorly now.  Looking forward to today's acceptance reports tomorrow morning.

Robert

• Like 2

Sorry guys, not too experienced with this community. I'm not in that area anymore unfortunately. I'm at home which is on the other side of Caldwell but will report in when it's active over here as well. My girlfriend has an HTC One and her phone was showing 4G as well but interminably. Glad to see this little city lighting up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

As I drove home last night on I-84 starting at about Robinson I had 4G LTE. It lasted until I was off the freeway driving south on Franklin toward 11th ave. it was nice. I did some speed tests.

post-742-0-24432600-1376665967_thumb.png

The drive to work this morning was nice, until I lost the 4G. I will say that the handshake from 4G to 3G was a lot more seamless than the Wimax was. 

• Like 2