Deval

Member Level: LTE Advanced

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Various Samsung devices
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Many of our users have asked how they can add images to their posts, to highlight new towers, speed tests, or general content sharing.

Here is a simple guide using a free image uploading site, imgur.
  • Visit http://www.imgur.com, and register for a free account.
  • Once you're signed in, you can upload pictures using the upload button located on the right side column.
  • Posted Image
  • When the upload button is clicked, a box will pop up which will allow you to select the file you wish to upload. Once you hit OK, you are prompted with an upload box.
  • Posted Image
  • Once it is complete, you will see the links for the file uploaded, copy the Direct Link (Email & IM) URL.
  • Posted Image
  • Compose or reply to a post on the forum, and select the image upload icon, and paste the URL
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image

This will paste an image into the post as an embedded image.

My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies, strategies, opinions, and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.

Current Phones
Various Samsung devices - can't say no to free!

#2 Jeffas332

Jeffas332

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• S4GRU Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Phones/Devices:SGS2E4GT, SGS3, SGS4
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

There's also a pretty decent app to post images directly to your Imgur account from your Android device. I don't know if one's available for iTunes, but I suspect one's out there.

Check it out here:

https://play.google....nkuaW1ndXIiXQ..

#3 PDXmike

PDXmike

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Previous: Samsung Galaxy Note II, HTC EVO 4G
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Nice write up. One thing I would add to that last step is how to post the link from a phone or other mobile device, which may not show the toolbar with the image upload icon.

For this, all you need to do is type: [IMG ]paste image URL here[/ IMG] without any spaces. This is the method I use, as I post almost exclusively from my Note II. :)

#4 Deval

Deval

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Nice write up. One thing I would add to that last step is how to post the link from a phone or other mobile device, which may not show the toolbar with the image upload icon.

For this, all you need to do is type: [IMG ]paste image URL here[/ IMG] without any spaces. This is the method I use, as I post almost exclusively from my Note II. :)

Ah thanks! I forgot about the BBCodes which most people have to use if they are not on a computer.
My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies, strategies, opinions, and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.

Current Phones

#5 PDXmike

PDXmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Previous: Samsung Galaxy Note II, HTC EVO 4G

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Ah thanks! I forgot about the BBCodes which most people have to use if they are not on a computer.

Sure thing. And from the looks of it, imgur gives you the BBCode to copy and paste right in, which is pretty convenient.

#6 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,258 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), LG G4, SGS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Pro-tip, you can drag and drop file images onto the imgur page to quickly upload stuff OR right click on an image to copy and then paste on the imgur page to upload stuff.

#7 Deval

Deval

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Pro-tip, you can drag and drop file images onto the imgur page to quickly upload stuff OR right click on an image to copy and then paste on the imgur page to upload stuff.

I know, but I figured this would be for those folks who may find that a little too advanced :)

Current Phones

#8 Rukin1

Rukin1

the lol guy

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
  • LocationFort Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I use a screenshot program lol xD But the codec for it isn't suppored on this site. he doesn't have the plugin :/

J1sYynx.png

"Don't let your ego get in the way of your position"

#9 jefbal99

jefbal99

The guy from Portland...

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 6P - iPhone 6S (Wifey) - Galaxy Tab E
  • Location48875

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Too bad Imgur is blocked at work, I never see any of the pics people post
Masayoshi Son, making Dish/Charlie Ergan his bitch one slide at a time...
Slideshow
WebCast

#10 S4GRU

S4GRU

S4GRU Administrator

• Administrator
  • 28,409 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, OnePlus 2, Kyocera Brigadier
  • LocationAnywhere USA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Me either. If intrigued enough, I will break out my VZW hotspot and switch wireless networks temporarily and hit refresh. Then I will turn off my hotspot and return to regularly scheduled programming.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

#11 jefbal99

jefbal99

The guy from Portland...

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus 6P - iPhone 6S (Wifey) - Galaxy Tab E
  • Location48875

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Me either. If intrigued enough, I will break out my VZW hotspot and switch wireless networks temporarily and hit refresh. Then I will turn off my hotspot and return to regularly scheduled programming.

I have to RDP to a PC at my house. When LTE was on at work, I'd use the mobile browser a bit more
Masayoshi Son, making Dish/Charlie Ergan his bitch one slide at a time...
Slideshow
WebCast

#12 Deval

Deval

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Brings up a good point, I only picked Imgur because it was easy and I use it too. Any suggestions on an alternate?

Current Phones

#13 Dkoellerwx

Dkoellerwx

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,407 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG G5, LG G4, LG G3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5 , HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO LTE, EVO 3D
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Brings up a good point, I only picked Imgur because it was easy and I use it too. Any suggestions on an alternate?

I like Dropbox because I can manage the files directly from a folder on my computer.

Is Photobucket blocked? Before I went over to Dropbox completely, I hosted my images on Photobucket, and found that worked pretty well.
David

FB.png TW.png GPLUS.png

The views expressed on this forum do not represent the views of KRBK-TV or Koplar Communications.

#14 WiWavelength

WiWavelength

S4GRU Technical Editor

• S4GRU Staff Member
  • 17,415 posts
  • Phones/Devices:N/A
  • LocationN/A

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Deval, will you edit into the first post some image resolution guidelines? Screenshots that are full 720x1280 (and, soon, 1080x1920 will be just as commonplace) are ungainly in The Forums. A good rule of thumb is that images should not be greater than 600 pixels in height. If they are, they should be resized.

AJ

#15 twospirits

twospirits

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 3,247 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Galaxy S7 Edge
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

I usually make smaller versions of the images and post those, with the image hyperlinked to the bigger version in case anyone wants to see more detail.

Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

S4GRU Honors List.

Unhide to view links to special docs..

Spoiler

#16 PDXmike

PDXmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

I've been using Photobucket. Seems to work pretty well.

#17 Deval

Deval

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

Deval, will you edit into the first post some image resolution guidelines? Screenshots that are full 720x1280 (and, soon, 1080x1920 will be just as commonplace) are ungainly in The Forums. A good rule of thumb is that images should not be greater than 600 pixels in height. If they are, they should be resized.

AJ

Alright, I'll suggest using a free app to resize prior to upload. Most people who have Win7 or Win8 can use Paint to do so.

Current Phones

#18 WiWavelength

WiWavelength

S4GRU Technical Editor

• S4GRU Staff Member
  • 17,415 posts
  • Phones/Devices:N/A
  • LocationN/A

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

Alright, I'll suggest using a free app to resize prior to upload. Most people who have Win7 or Win8 can use Paint to do so.

Image host TinyPic offers several resize options at the upload stage.

AJ

#19 digiblur

digiblur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,987 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Nexus5
  • LocationNOLA Market

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

Anyone know of a easy to use image resize tool for android? 

#20 jonathanm1978

jonathanm1978

What does this button do..

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LGG4x2, GTabS10.5,Gtab4,SGS5, SGNE, SGS3
  • LocationSylacauga, Alabama

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

I use tinypic as well, many don't know that tinypic is part of photobucket. Also have a paid photobucket, used to on high traffic sites :-/ photobucket would freeze you if you went over a certain amount of bandwidth in a month (like having a signature hosted on photobucket)...if it was a very busy site, your signature could be disabled if you got over so much. I went paid because I ordered a photobucket book of pics when my daughter was born and sent it as gifts to my dad and family that lived too far to visit. They have an album that's $17 for 100 pics, with plastic cover and coated pages...around 4 pics per page. But tinypic has a desktop app as well as photobucket having a desktop app and mobile app.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users