Adding Images to Posts - Imgur Links

Deval

Many of our users have asked how they can add images to their posts, to highlight new towers, speed tests, or general content sharing.

Here is a simple guide using a free image uploading site, imgur.

1. Visit http://www.imgur.com, and register for a free account.
  2. Once you're signed in, you can upload pictures using the upload button located on the right side column.
  3. douskhF.png
  4. When the upload button is clicked, a box will pop up which will allow you to select the file you wish to upload. Once you hit OK, you are prompted with an upload box.
  5. J8gQZeX.png
  6. Once it is complete, you will see the links for the file uploaded, copy the Direct Link (Email & IM) URL.
  7. BRF1dRn.png
  8. Compose or reply to a post on the forum, and select the image upload icon, and paste the URL
  9. hMkXfQv.png
  10. u7uSwG8.png

This will paste an image into the post as an embedded image.

• Like 9

There's also a pretty decent app to post images directly to your Imgur account from your Android device. I don't know if one's available for iTunes, but I suspect one's out there.

Check it out here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mitchbarry.imgur&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwOSwiY29tLm1pdGNoYmFycnkuaW1ndXIiXQ..

Nice write up. One thing I would add to that last step is how to post the link from a phone or other mobile device, which may not show the toolbar with the image upload icon.

For this, all you need to do is type:  IMG without any spaces. This is the method I use, as I post almost exclusively from my Note II. :)

• Like 1

Nice write up. One thing I would add to that last step is how to post the link from a phone or other mobile device, which may not show the toolbar with the image upload icon.

For this, all you need to do is type:  IMG without any spaces. This is the method I use, as I post almost exclusively from my Note II. :)

Ah thanks! I forgot about the BBCodes which most people have to use if they are not on a computer.

Ah thanks! I forgot about the BBCodes which most people have to use if they are not on a computer.

Sure thing. And from the looks of it, imgur gives you the BBCode to copy and paste right in, which is pretty convenient.

Pro-tip, you can drag and drop file images onto the imgur page to quickly upload stuff OR right click on an image to copy and then paste on the imgur page to upload stuff.

Pro-tip, you can drag and drop file images onto the imgur page to quickly upload stuff OR right click on an image to copy and then paste on the imgur page to upload stuff.

I know, but I figured this would be for those folks who may find that a little too advanced :)

Too bad Imgur is blocked at work, I never see any of the pics people post

Me either. If intrigued enough, I will break out my VZW hotspot and switch wireless networks temporarily and hit refresh. Then I will turn off my hotspot and return to regularly scheduled programming.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Me either. If intrigued enough, I will break out my VZW hotspot and switch wireless networks temporarily and hit refresh. Then I will turn off my hotspot and return to regularly scheduled programming.

I have to RDP to a PC at my house. When LTE was on at work, I'd use the mobile browser a bit more

Too bad Imgur is blocked at work, I never see any of the pics people post

Brings up a good point, I only picked Imgur because it was easy and I use it too. Any suggestions on an alternate?

Brings up a good point, I only picked Imgur because it was easy and I use it too. Any suggestions on an alternate?

I like Dropbox because I can manage the files directly from a folder on my computer.

Is Photobucket blocked? Before I went over to Dropbox completely, I hosted my images on Photobucket, and found that worked pretty well.

Deval, will you edit into the first post some image resolution guidelines? Screenshots that are full 720x1280 (and, soon, 1080x1920 will be just as commonplace) are ungainly in The Forums. A good rule of thumb is that images should not be greater than 600 pixels in height. If they are, they should be resized.

AJ

Deval, will you edit into the first post some image resolution guidelines? Screenshots that are full 720x1280 (and, soon, 1080x1920 will be just as commonplace) are ungainly in The Forums. A good rule of thumb is that images should not be greater than 600 pixels in height. If they are, they should be resized.

AJ

Alright, I'll suggest using a free app to resize prior to upload. Most people who have Win7 or Win8 can use Paint to do so.

Alright, I'll suggest using a free app to resize prior to upload. Most people who have Win7 or Win8 can use Paint to do so.

Image host TinyPic offers several resize options at the upload stage.

AJ

• 3 weeks later...

I use tinypic as well, many don't know that tinypic is part of photobucket. Also have a paid photobucket, used to on high traffic sites :-/ photobucket would freeze you if you went over a certain amount of bandwidth in a month (like having a signature hosted on photobucket)...if it was a very busy site, your signature could be disabled if you got over so much. I went paid because I ordered a photobucket book of pics when my daughter was born and sent it as gifts to my dad and family that lived too far to visit. They have an album that's $17 for 100 pics, with plastic cover and coated pages...around 4 pics per page. But tinypic has a desktop app as well as photobucket having a desktop app and mobile app.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Was able to install the March 1 Android security patch. Seems slightly more accurate with 5g ca band id, but can not swear by it. Updated google play system update through the software information screen to March 1. *#73# still works. Froze updates waiting on SCP update beta to fix n41 showing as n38.
    • Just installed it. Thanks for the info.  71 mb mar 1st date.
    • There's a permit for a new 47 story building at 205 Montague St in Downtown Brooklyn. The problem is that  T-Mobile eNB 48352 is on the building next door and this new building will block two out of 3 sectors of the site. For reference, the new building will be roughly as tall as 16 Court St which is right across the street. This site is the primary site covering Cadman Plaza so I wonder what the plan is. Will they just try to change sector placement, move to a different building, or will this just speed up the conversion of the Sprint site at 25 Monroe Place?
    • At least not recently.  I think I might have seen this a year ago.  Not Sure.
    • Did they previously hop between n38 and n41 in prior version of SCP, or have you always seen n41 displayed properly?