Samsung Note 3 rumored with 3GB of memory

kckid

I'm not a crazy benchmark/spec person so none of that really concerns me as long as it is as fast as the Note2, has a MicroSD, and has the same of better awesome RF capabilities as the Note2. That size would be perfect as I've said several times that the Note2 could be a bit larger and it would be perfect. I don't get hung up on all the drama of metal vs plastic, mine lives in a case anyways so I don't have to worry about buying another one from accidents and from the looks of things HTC isn't doing too well with metal. Makes perfect sense though as the metal shouldn't be used unless it is part of the antenna system itself.

• Like 1

I'm not a crazy benchmark/spec person so none of that really concerns me as long as it is as fast as the Note2, has a MicroSD, and has the same of better awesome RF capabilities as the Note2. That size would be perfect as I've said several times that the Note2 could be a bit larger and it would be perfect. I don't get hung up on all the drama of metal vs plastic, mine lives in a case anyways so I don't have to worry about buying another one from accidents and from the looks of things HTC isn't doing too well with metal. Makes perfect sense though as the metal shouldn't be used unless it is part of the antenna system itself.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say HTC isn't doing well with metal?

-Luis

The EVO LTE and One.

Oh come on, digiblur. Since you have renounced HTC, what do you really know about the One? It is not a miracle, but it is a large advance from the EVO LTE. Basically, the One performs as intended -- it acquires and retains LTE in deployed cells and falls back to eHRPD in not yet deployed cells.

As for RAM, this specs race is getting to be ridiculous. Too much RAM makes developers lazy, as they do not care if their OSes or apps are RAM hogs.

AJ

I have not renounced any company nor will I ever. If I ever held any grudge against any company name I wouldn't have a Samsung, HTC,or LG phones, or even have a DirecTV receiver for that matter. It's all about what works. I've never been a name dropper nor did I need some fancy product just for some name. All about functionality to price ratio for me. Case in point I hate the Samsung GNex with a passion but I'm always impressed by S3 and Note2. It seems the One was touted as some miracle 2013 handset for reception and usability, but seems to be a bit short of some devices from 2012. At least it is better than the EVO LTE. (Even left off the vendor names of the phones for you which I do quite a bit because it is of no relevance to me.)

I have not renounced any company nor will I ever. If I ever held any grudge against any company name I wouldn't have a Samsung, HTC,or LG phones, or even have a DirecTV receiver for that matter. It's all about what works. I've never been a name dropper nor did I need some fancy product just for some name. All about functionality to price ratio for me. Case in point I hate the Samsung GNex with a passion but I'm always impressed by S3 and Note2. It seems the One was touted as some miracle 2013 handset for reception and usability, but seems to be a bit short of some devices from 2012. At least it is better than the EVO LTE. (Even left off the vendor names of the phones for you which I do quite a bit because it is of no relevance to me.)

This is just my opinion, but as far as usability I really do like the HTC One instead of the S4. I played with the S4 yesterday and the One feels snappier in general, the interface looks much simpler. Maybe the S4 has many nice features, but at the end of the day many of them will go unused. Everything that the One brought to the table (Ir blaster, Zoe, and Boomsound to name a few) I use on a daily basis. Usability is all subjective, maybe someone else will actually use every feature the S4 has. But for me, I like the simple and useful feature of the One, rather than the over the top software features of the S4.

I don't think HTC One is a miracle device, but rather a statement from HTC. I like what they've done with the phone.

Also regarding the RAM, I have to agree. Developers will go wild making apps that are resource hogs, but it would honestly be only a small percentage of phones that can handle those apps.

-Luis

I would consider a GS4 if it had Exynos Octa. I wish one of the US Variants would have had that. Samsung probably doesn't want to make the Dualopoly jealous as the Dualopoly prefers Qualcomm chipsets.

Maybe there will be a Exynos powered GS4 that is tri-band LTE with TD-LTE. That would be nice.

I'm sure Samsung will have some sort of aluminum GS5 after they figured out Apple's newest antenna design on the i5. For all the crap that Apple gets on RF, the i5 is a much better performer than they've had in the past. It was to be expected they'd have RF issues as they got their phone program up, none of the Antennagate stuff really surprised me.

I would consider a GS4 if it had Exynos Octa. I wish one of the US Variants would have had that. Samsung probably doesn't want to make the Dualopoly jealous as the Dualopoly prefers Qualcomm chipsets.

Maybe there will be a Exynos powered GS4 that is tri-band LTE with TD-LTE. That would be nice.

Samsung's interest in using its own Exynos SoC is to pair it with its own 3GPP baseband. But if a device requires a CDMA2000 baseband, expect Qualcomm to remain the supplier. Like it or not, nothing else compares to Qualcomm in that arena.

And see Brian Klug's tweets about the Galaxy S4 international SKU, which uses a Samsung baseband, lacking Rx diversity.

AJ

Samsung's interest in using its own Exynos SoC is to pair it with its own 3GPP baseband. But if a device requires a CDMA2000 baseband, expect Qualcomm to remain the supplier. Like it or not, nothing else compares to Qualcomm in that arena.

And see Brian Klug's tweets about the Galaxy S4 international SKU, which uses a Samsung baseband, lacking Rx diversity.

AJ

Yes, I saw those tweets from @nerdtalker last night. I wonder if the Korean variants have Rx diversity. That would be something to find out, as well as the baseband variant those models run. I would not be surprised if the Korean models had the MDM9615. I'm hoping the Sprint tri-band models go to MDM9625. That would be a nice bonus for all the people who waited for SMR and TD-LTE.

This is just my opinion, but as far as usability I really do like the HTC One instead of the S4. I played with the S4 yesterday and the One feels snappier in general, the interface looks much simpler. Maybe the S4 has many nice features, but at the end of the day many of them will go unused. Everything that the One brought to the table (Ir blaster, Zoe, and Boomsound to name a few) I use on a daily basis. Usability is all subjective, maybe someone else will actually use every feature the S4 has. But for me, I like the simple and useful feature of the One, rather than the over the top software features of the S4.

I don't think HTC One is a miracle device, but rather a statement from HTC. I like what they've done with the phone.

Also regarding the RAM, I have to agree. Developers will go wild making apps that are resource hogs, but it would honestly be only a small percentage of phones that can handle those apps.

-Luis

I agree. From the time i've had with the ONE, it has a very minimal interface. Other than blink feed, there isn't that much bloat (esp. the Sprint variant).

I'll play around with sense 5, but probably just stick with a launcher for more features.