looking for some opinions on roms

Luuminator

So im going to finally root my gs3, but I have never rooted. I have been researching how to root since I got this phone. Im looking for opinions on roms for my first time getting a rom. I was thinking about the peoples rom.

So im going to finally root my gs3, but I have never rooted. I have been researching how to root since I got this phone. Im looking for opinions on roms for my first time getting a rom. I was thinking about the peoples rom.
just go for it. It's so easy to switch between roms that you can play with one and switch within minutes if you don't like the one you installed. Watch out though, it's addicting ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Clockwork is good. I am currently using TWRP, but both are basically the same and will definitely get the job done. I would just watch a youtube video on rooting the gsIII, I'm sure there are tons our there. I have been rooting since the Tmobile G1 and currently have the note II. Rooting and flashing roms has become as easy as a click of the button, big change since the G1.

Clockwork is good. I am currently using TWRP, but both are basically the same and will definitely get the job done. I would just watch a youtube video on rooting the gsIII, I'm sure there are tons our there. I have been rooting since the Tmobile G1 and currently have the note II. Rooting and flashing roms has become as easy as a click of the button, big change since the G1.

As long as you dont have an HTC phone its easy! The GS3 is easy. And Id recommend cyanogenmod. If you like stock android with improvements. And TWRP as your recovery.

I've got cyanogenmod for my ROM and I use ClockWork for my recovery on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Pretty happy over here ...

If you want some AOSP lovin', I can't recommend PAC-MAN enough. My coworker (with a GS3) wanted it after seeing it on my Note II, and after using it for a while, basically told me "I don't see why anyone would want anything else."

• 3 months later...

If anyone is looking for a nice way to root/unroot your device, mskip has a very easy to use tool. He has one for several phone models. Start with this thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

As for ROM's, I've not really cared for any of the ROM's for GS3. CM has screwy A2DP problems and has for a very long time and battery drain worse than rooted stock, most of the other stuff I've tried just seem like the garbage with a tweak here or there. I was really hoping I could find a digiblur port or one like it. I may give PAC a try. Anyone got any other suggestions for a leaner ROM with geek tweaks?

If you are looking for an S3 port of my rom it might be a bit. I started working on it but I only have my wife's S3 to test on. Not sure if I want that pain or not. I haven't found an S3 to borrow for a couple weeks either.

If you are looking for an S3 port of my rom it might be a bit. I started working on it but I only have my wife's S3 to test on. Not sure if I want that pain or not. I haven't found an S3 to borrow for a couple weeks either.

If i lived closer I'd let you borrow mine. 

I have one with a cracked screen if you'd like to borrow it. Some of the glass was coming out but it has a screen protector. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

I have one with a cracked screen if you'd like to borrow it. Some of the glass was coming out but it has a screen protector. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

As long as I can see the screen and halfway navigate around it would be perfect.  I'm sure many folks here would appreciate it! PM coming.

• Like 2