Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Whelp. Ermagawd, we now have eeerrrrhhhpeeeediiiiieeeesss in sac.

Mmmhh. Okay. So my friend just recently returned from basic training in Texas and got me to root his GS3 last week. I checked the network info screen and it was Evdo:6 or 8. Today, we went out nearby to eat and checked again and it's now ehrpd on his GS3. Good sign I suppose.

Maybe the next time he gets leave from his post, he won't be abandoning 4g LTE in Texas for our crappy legacy 3g which is dial up speed at his house.

I just checked my phone and it says CDMA-eHRPD-14

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

On my iPhone 4S, there is a tower getting 1.2mbps+ in Chico, CA. I do not have an LTE capable phone so not sure if LTE has started here or not, but network vision upgrades to old 1X network panels definitelly have started. I used to get 0.01mbps and for the past few months now get 1.2mbps around the northend of Chico.

I hope this means Chico is included in the Upper Central Valley Market as often times it is forgotten by telecommunication companies because the county is only 100k people or so. Hell, just now we're getting Verizon's LTE and AT&T U-Verse. AT&T LTE hasn't even ben announced here either.

On my iPhone 4S, there is a tower getting 1.2mbps+ in Chico, CA. I do not have an LTE capable phone so not sure if LTE has started here or not, but network vision upgrades to old 1X network panels definitelly have started. I used to get 0.01mbps and for the past few months now get 1.2mbps around the northend of Chico.

I hope this means Chico is included in the Upper Central Valley Market as often times it is forgotten by telecommunication companies because the county is only 100k people or so. Hell, just now we're getting Verizon's LTE and AT&T U-Verse. AT&T LTE hasn't even ben announced here either.

Nope. Definitely has not started. Plenty of bandaid fixes over the past year though. We're still in the very, earliest stages of anything happening (EHRPD has just recently been turned on). Not to mention NV upgraded 3g is usually in the 1.5-2.0mbps range. Some sites are just less loaded than others and have higher speeds.

On my iPhone 4S, there is a tower getting 1.2mbps+ in Chico, CA. I do not have an LTE capable phone so not sure if LTE has started here or not, but network vision upgrades to old 1X network panels definitelly have started. I used to get 0.01mbps and for the past few months now get 1.2mbps around the northend of Chico.<br /><br />I hope this means Chico is included in the Upper Central Valley Market as often times it is forgotten by telecommunication companies because the county is only 100k people or so. Hell, just now we're getting Verizon's LTE and AT&T U-Verse. AT&T LTE hasn't even ben announced here either.
<br />This was posted earlier in this thread.<br /><br />http://s4gru.com/index.php Edited by GiantJay

I live in Davis, California which I'm guessing lies in the upper valley region. I was wondering if LTE will be deployed here by at least Auguest of 2013. I love the unlimited data, but the speeds aren't really up to par. I'm willing to accept the decent 3G for now, but as a student I need good speeds outside. If so I will cancel my Sprint account and go with AT&T. I don't see the point of unlimited data if you can't use it. If anyone has any insight on this I would greatly it.

I live in Davis, California which I'm guessing lies in the upper valley region. I was wondering if LTE will be deployed here by at least Auguest of 2013. I love the unlimited data, but the speeds aren't really up to par. I'm willing to accept the decent 3G for now, but as a student I need good speeds outside. If so I will cancel my Sprint account and go with AT&T. I don't see the point of unlimited data if you can't use it. If anyone has any insight on this I would greatly it.

Read the rest of the posts in this thread. This has all been answered. But yes it should be deployed by then if all goes well.

As a local resident and someone who got denied into UC Davis, I will abstain from correcting you on "Auguest", usage of "was" instead of "is", and general tone of "importance'' just because you are a student.

Anyways, Davis,CA is part of the northern CA market and will undoubtedly be one of the first places to be completely done. Davis has about 10 cell towers and is along i80 which if you follow it for 20 minutes will get you into active NV zones with LTE. Sprint loves deploying along major interstates and highways and put that with relatively few cell towers in davis ensures that NV upgrades will be relatively fast.

Sprint will start NV upgrades in the UCV by springtime and will have extremely high progress by August of 2013. Samsung is the fastest of the 3 OEMs. If the SF bay market is any indication, then Sammy, in around 5 months, will get almost 30% of cell sites completed. Areas around highways/interstates will be done first probably AKA Davis.

If you want to leave for ATT LTE then by all means leave but Sprint will have LTE up and running and by august, 800mhz lte should be turned on. Furthermore, the chances of CW TDD-LTE around Davis is fairly high thanks to the high population density. Your choice, do what you think is best for you.

• Like 1

As a local resident and someone who got denied into UC Davis, I will abstain from correcting you on "Auguest", usage of "was" instead of "is", and general tone of "importance'' just because you are a student.

Anyways, Davis,CA is part of the northern CA market and will undoubtedly be one of the first places to be completely done. Davis has about 10 cell towers and is along i80 which if you follow it for 20 minutes will get you into active NV zones with LTE. Sprint loves deploying along major interstates and highways and put that with relatively few cell towers in davis ensures that NV upgrades will be relatively fast.

Sprint will start NV upgrades in the UCV by springtime and will have extremely high progress by August of 2013. Samsung is the fastest of the 3 OEMs. If the SF bay market is any indication, then Sammy, in around 5 months, will get almost 30% of cell sites completed. Areas around highways/interstates will be done first probably AKA Davis.

If you want to leave for ATT LTE then by all means leave but Sprint will have LTE up and running and by august, 800mhz lte should be turned on. Furthermore, the chances of CW TDD-LTE around Davis is fairly high thanks to the high population density. Your choice, do what you think is best for you.

Thank you for correcting my mistakes; please understand that a new years night was not the best time to keep a decent f9rm of English. Besides that I appreciate that you replied back to my response and I definitely will continue going with Sprint. Also I an only entering sophomore year next year so I am no where near the caliber of a UC ^-^.

I can't wait until LTE comes to the Sacramento area. I was in Vacaville tonight and got to test LTE for the first time.

This message brought to you by my AOKP'd up SPH-L710 aka GS3

uploadfromtaptalk1357302596884.jpg

Edited by GiantJay
  • Like 2

1. Metro PCS, has 1/30th the amount of markets Sprint does, and each of their markets has 1/4 the number of sites. Also, Metro PCS LTE runs between 1-4Mbps on average. Verizon and AT&T started their deployments sooner, also they are just doing an overlay of their existing network, and only deployed on half their sites with really low signal density. This is a fast, but inferior way to deploy. Sprint is upgrading it's entire network, nationwide. Every single site will get LTE. This takes more time, but will have a much more dense LTE network that will handle more users and allow for LTE performance to stay high for much longer. Sprint cannot start work in this market yet. They will not for a few more months. If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then go. But you will have to give something up. Slower LTE speeds or data caps. But whining about it here will not make it faster. It is impossible at this point to move up the start date.

2. This is incorrect. First, Sprint has no Central Valley market. Only an Upper Valley market and Lower Valley market. And neither has started deployment. Sprint has no 4G LTE service in any of the Central Valley market. You are likely confusing with Clearwire's 4G WiMax network that Sprint customers can use. If so, did you know that Clearwire had their 4G WiMax network live in those communities in the Central Valley before Sprint even started selling 4G devices? Clearwire deployed there to serve their customers, but allow Sprint customers to use the network in those locations. You are making faulty assumptions that Sprint is selecting some smaller cities over you. If you are going to makes accusations in this forum, you will need to know what you're talking about. If you don't know something, then you should have a much friendlier attitude and say what you think and state them as opinion instead of trying to spew incorrect assumptions as fact. Additionally, the other markets Sprint that are currently being deployed in are ready now. Should Sprint wait and hold them to start, because you feel more entitled? Get real, and get over yourself. The Upper Valley market is not ready now, but will be soon.

3. Sprint will have active LTE service in Sacramento start to come live in the Spring. It will launch long before 2014. Just more mistaken assumptions on your part that you try to pass off as facts.

This is not the Sprint community forums. Real facts reign here. Either get on board with reality, or go somewhere else. We don't tolerate trolls in our forums.

Robert

I was referring to markets like the Western Michigan Market whose population are significantly smaller than the population of the Upper Central Valley market. There are other small markets like Western Michigan that are tier 2 or 3 launches.

If it is 2013 then I won't be so upset, we will see.

Edited by DVCal

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/16/sprint-announces-28-new-lte-markets-going-live-in-the-coming-months/

Man, I was crossing my fingers before reading this article. I'm impatiently waiting. I would love LTE ASAP in my home town with Sprint badly. I know I'm not entitled. Would be nice though. This is just a vent. Don't take it the wrong way... Okay I'm cool. Back to patiently waiting. I'm glad there are at least a few people on this forum that seem to be in the know. It keeps other people like myself a little more hopeful and willing to wait it out. Thanks for the forum.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/16/sprint-announces-28-new-lte-markets-going-live-in-the-coming-months/

Man, I was crossing my fingers before reading this article. I'm impatiently waiting. I would love LTE ASAP in my home town with Sprint badly. I know I'm not entitled. Would be nice though. This is just a vent. Don't take it the wrong way... Okay I'm cool. Back to patiently waiting. I'm glad there are at least a few people on this forum that seem to be in the know. It keeps other people like myself a little more hopeful and willing to wait it out. Thanks for the forum.

Work is starting in the UCV soon. Press releases only discuss markets that will have launchable service in a 3-4 month rolling window. Even if they start Sacto tomorrow, it wouldn't be in the next Press Release most likely. But the end is near.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Work is starting in the UCV soon. Press releases only discuss markets that will have launchable service in a 3-4 month rolling window. Even if they start Sacto tomorrow, it wouldn't be in the next Press Release most likely. But the end is near.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

=o ...springtime to soon :o

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to look up building / planning permits here https://aca.accela.com/sacramento/Default.aspx if you know the address of it and or any other towers. My perusal of known and guesstimated sprint tower addresses from the sponsor area has gotten me nothing so far unfortunately...

My mistake no new towers. They changed the max zoom level on the map so the towers looked closer and more of them. I am for sure getting way better service around my neighborhood though.

In sacramento on Broadway in front of Target. Never ever been this fast nor have pings this low. Last month speeds were dial up at this same location. Progress maybe?

Possibly. I heard that all Samsung markets are starting GMO sites.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1