•  

Photo

Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

Sacramento California LTE 4g wimax 4g lte 800 mhz california

• Please log in to reply
3643 replies to this topic

#3641 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,347 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), 3x SGS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Today i had my first HD voice call. I stay in midtown and the person i was speaking with was at arden mall. Is hd voice new to this region? After that call i called that same person back a few minutes later and there was no HD voice on the second call.

HD voice has been activate for Sprint - Sprint calls for quite some time.

HD calling gets disabled though if you enable WiFi calling. 

#3642 sharward

sharward

Member Level: Digital

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  • LocationSacramento (Live in Natomas, Work in Mather)

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

It only happens when you call another Sprint customer, and only under certain conditions.

#3643 645824

Member Level: Analog

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Sprint Netgear 6100D
  • Location95363

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

I finally replaced my old dying Sprint Netgear 6100D with a Cradlepoint COR IBR900.  Although I had an SIM adapter and the 6100D's SIM card went in and was recognized, and I tried to register it with Sprint, the Sprint network wouldn't accept it (the Netgear 6100D SIMGLT207A won't work in the Cradlepoint IBR900).  I had to go to a Sprint Corporate Sales office (Modesto, on Dale Road) to get the "right" SIM card (SIMGLW236C).

My connection to the new router is now excellent (i.e. my old 6100D was unpingable sometimes, but the IBR900 is always available).  However for the connection to the Sprint network itself I'm only getting 7Mbps even though I'm in a LTE-Plus zone on Sprint's map.  My RSSI is -71dB, RSRP is -100 dB, and SINR is 5.4 dB (I'm using a high gain external antenna).  I know that the antenna is doing something because I get -71 with my high gain antenna and only -84 with the little included bunny ears.  I've also got 2 of these high-gain antennas.  But on Band 41, it still says that it isn't getting aggregation even though I've checked that both ports on the IBR900 are indeed active..

So I'm still envious of all of you who are getting tens of Mbps.  I think that I've done everything that I can on my end.  

Thanks,

Scott

#3644 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,347 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), 3x SGS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

LTE plus now denotes all band 41 coverage areas.

Your clearwire sites had the Huawei equipment swapped out for Nokia mini macros as mandated by the government but as it sounds like the backhaul was not increased so there's no point in deploying 2 carriers for CA.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users