HTC One upgrade offer of $100 or trade-in value of old phone

kckid

i swear i am not dumb, this is just a touch confusing. My perfect scenario would be buying the phone from amazon, selling my EVO 4G LTE to gazelle and then sending in my proof of purchase of the ONE along with my OG EVO 4G to receive $100. If that is what HTC is doing then great. As long as the LTE antenna is better on the ONE than the EVO 4G LTE.

I didn't initially notice you were referencing two different Evos, but now I see what you're saying. Yes, the OG Evo 4G should be eligible for the $100 as long as there's no liquid/corrosion/screen damage. Technically that phone should be active on the line you're upgrading at the time of your purchase of the HTC One.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just making sure I've done enough before I hit midnight tonight. I have submitted my email address and gotten the confirmation reply back that says "Thanks for registering with us!" It has the 4 check marks on it and my code.

So am I done? I am hesitant to get a quote for my old phone on the htctradeup.com site because it says my code can only be used once and I haven't bought the phone (obviously).

Just trying to make sure I've done enough for now until I buy the phone. Still working with SprintCare to negotiate an Upgrade Now price that I can live with.

Peace,

DM

Yeah, I think you've done enough. And I don't think you've used your code until you've actually sent in your old phone. As far as I can tell, you can run a quote today, save it, and change it a different day. To be safe, you could just refrain from saving the quote.

But be careful. Either someone brute forced my code and used it for themselves, or the system had a glitch, because when I went in to rerun my code and make sure it still worked, someone else's email address was on there--hard coded, so I couldn't change it. It might be worth getting a second code sent to a different email address just in case.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3 lines all due for upgrade on May 1. Called Sprint tonight to see if I could get one of my upgrades 1 day early so I could take advantage of the HTC upgrade offer. I was told it cost them money to do an upgrade 1 day early. Sucks for me, I was so excited to get rid of my EVO 4G and get a $100. I guess I'll be a day late and $100 short.

I registered back in March and my email says I must buy the ONE by April 30 and send my old in by May 31.
threaten to leave and see if they transfer you to customer retention and see what they offer. That's a lot of money in credits.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I followed through on Friday (4/26) with the HTC Trade-up offer. I did the "Factory Reset" on my old Design 4G and I yanked the microSD card & the SIM card out of it, boxed it up with the wall plug and sent it in.

We shall see.

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

I registered back in March and my email says I must buy the ONE by April 30 and send my old in by May 31.

Try generating a quote on the site for a quote with your code; it may give you revised dates.

threaten to leave and see if they transfer you to customer retention and see what they offer. That's a lot of money in credits.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in this same position. Any luck with Sprint? Another friend of mine is in the same position also and they told him no.

I put in my code on the website and then read the fine print where I found this

"To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on or before April 4, 2013 at HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC One by May 19, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC One (copy of UPC or invoice/receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by June 19, 2013"

looks like I have till May 19 to buy the ONE.

• Like 3

I put in my code on the website and then read the fine print where I found this

"To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on or before April 4, 2013 at HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC One by May 19, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC One (copy of UPC or invoice/receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by June 19, 2013"

If that's the case that's awesome!

Quick question, does anyone know if Google Wallet will eventually be supported on the One? I used it quite a bit on the EVO.

-Luis

P.S. Nevermind it seems to be working now, I was getting an unsupported message earlier today, I haven't updated the app at all. The only thing I did was deactivate my old phone, maybe that's why it wouldn't work...?

Just got an email from HTC and this is correct. May 19 is the new "purchase by" date and June 19 is the new "mail by" date for your old phone.

Peace,

Quick question, does anyone know if Google Wallet will eventually be supported on the One? I used it quite a bit on the EVO.

-Luis

P.S. Nevermind it seems to be working now, I was getting an unsupported message earlier today, I haven't updated the app at all. The only thing I did was deactivate my old phone, maybe that's why it wouldn't work...?

Just noticed this. I hadn't tried Google Wallet since it wasn't working. Didn't work for the first two weeks I had the phone. Have not seen an update, but it works now. Doubt it had anything to do with your old phone.

Just noticed this. I hadn't tried Google Wallet since it wasn't working. Didn't work for the first two weeks I had the phone. Have not seen an update, but it works now. Doubt it had anything to do with your old phone.

What's interesting is that the HTC ONE isn't listed as a supported device in the website, and as you said there has been no update either for it.

-Luis

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody seen their status update at http://www.htctradeup.com lately? Mine is the same as the day I mailed it off two weeks ago stating "We are currently waiting for the arrival of your recycled product..."

I never checked my status update but I received my gift card earlier last week.

• 2 weeks later...

I called Clover Wireless today, the folks who are facilitating the HTC Tradeup offer.  Spoke to a lady who said the website I've been checking regularly has a glitch and it is not up to date.  Gave her my tracking number and she said my phone had been received and my gift card had just been mailed out, so I should receive it in about a week.  She was very nice and I'll report back here when I receive my card.

Here's the number I called:  1-855-431-3704

Peace,

DM