BlackBerry 10

wyattwalter

I'm considering picking this up when it comes to Sprint to play with and test. I don't know what the cash price is, but they should drop in price on EBay quickly. I think a lot of people who pick this thing up will not like it and resell it.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I will end up checking one out but I know I won't be getting one. I read a couple of reviews and from what I can tell they are way behind on key functions compared to android, ios and even windows phone. RIM is in a lot of trouble and at this point I think it may be a little to late for them. Honestly this is what they should have come out with about 2 years ago.

In related news, RIM is formally changing its name to BlackBerry. In that honor, I think we need a RIM shot...

AJ

I think that the article is missing one key component of the whole BB10 picture which is the enterprise support. True, a typical consumer might not see a benefit compared to a similar device, but I know that if my work was issuing Blackberrys I'd be a much happier person knowing that the Z10 exists. And corporations might find their users much happier overall with something like the Z10 than the current models, which may increase productivity. (These are all grand assumptions, feel free to shoot me down ;) .) To me, the most exciting part of enterprise support is the touted separation of enterprise and personal services. Enterprise managers can restrict what can be done on the enterprise end of the phone, such as the inability to forward e-mails to personal accounts should they have attachments, etc.

So, while some might not be impressed, I think for corporate end users who have to have a Blackberry, this will come as a huge sigh of relief and may even retain some companies that otherwise were about to leave.

• Like 1

Well, folks looks like you'll only have one option on Sprint. Looks like they've decided to only the carry the qwerty packing Q10 model.

http://finance.yahoo...-161600592.html

It doesn't really address the other model. It possibly will have another press release, or will be offered later in the year. But I'm definitely not interested in the QWERTY model. :td:

Robert

But I'm definitely not interested in the QWERTY model. :td:

Your addiction is too strong. Something interesting about the first Sprint LTE BlackBerry will emerge, and your defenses will wither. Mark my words...

:P

AJ

• Like 3

I don't really see room for four major mobile OS providers.

MSFT has enough money to throw at windows mobile to eventually make it stick. I see enterprise preferring MSFT due to security/updates/support for many years and exchange/office integration.

I don't really see room for four major mobile OS providers.

MSFT has enough money to throw at windows mobile to eventually make it stick. I see enterprise preferring MSFT due to security/updates/support for many years and exchange/office integration.

My thoughts exactly. RIM had it's day, but sadly now the market is being dominated by two major players. The phone looks a bit generic (then again what phone doesn't now unless you really make a bold statement). I see this selling mostly to teenagers, lol, seeing as how they might make it a cheaper phone and parents will probably get this for their kids (reminiscent of the sidekick)

-Luis

I think that the article is missing one key component of the whole BB10 picture which is the enterprise support. True' date=' a typical consumer might not see a benefit compared to a similar device, but I know that if my work was issuing Blackberrys I'd be a much happier person knowing that the Z10 exists. And corporations might find their users much happier overall with something like the Z10 than the current models, which may increase productivity. (These are all grand assumptions, feel free to shoot me down ;) .) To me, the most exciting part of enterprise support is the touted separation of enterprise and personal services. Enterprise managers can restrict what can be done on the enterprise end of the phone, such as the inability to forward e-mails to personal accounts should they have attachments, etc.

So, while some might not be impressed, I think for corporate end users who have to have a Blackberry, this will come as a huge sigh of relief and may even retain some companies that otherwise were about to leave.[/quote']

Most enterprises have moved on from BES to newer solutions that support iPhones and Android devices.

I work for the state of Michigan and we dumped all BES about a year ago in favor of iOS (so glad I have my personal Android).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

I like QNX os, I think is fluid and better than other mobile os. Just I can't go down in screen size, my limit is at 4.5". I got a Note 2 and couldn't be happier with the 5.5" screen.<br /><br />Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2<br /><br /><br />

The only thing I liked about BlackBerries was their SMS notification tones and ringtones. I found a tone pack on bittorrent and installed it on my iphone and my BlackBerry envy was fulfilled.

I loved BlackBerry messenger, but it wasn't enough to keep me from moving to android for the OG EVO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

With the note of "Not all models carry all bands" it makes me pause. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out. Because even the GS3 can claim that it is the jack of all bands if you aggregate all models together that way.

Robert

Okay, so I decided to do some digging through the FCC OET database. Here is an AT&T and/or T-Mobile LTE BlackBerry:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=201077&fcc_id=L6ARFK120LW

AJ

• Like 1

And just FYI, nothing from BlackBerry on the CDMA2000/LTE front yet. I did check.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the Q10. I'll be dropping out of Android for this one... tho I guess that's not entirely true since BB10 has the Gingerbread runtime. They announced a few days ago that the runtime will be updated to Jellybean.

I just hope Sprint carries both the white and black models... I'm leaning towards white.

I'm looking forward to the Q10. I'll be dropping out of Android for this one... tho I guess that's not entirely true since BB10 has the Gingerbread runtime. They announced a few days ago that the runtime will be updated to Jellybean.

I just hope Sprint carries both the white and black models... I'm leaning towards white.

Wait, BB10 is just a fork of Android? That's kinda...

Next you're gonna tell me it's basically a fancy Touchwiz or Sense, but with Blackberry's market rather than Google Play.

Wait, BB10 is just a fork of Android? That's kinda...

Next you're gonna tell me it's basically a fancy Touchwiz or Sense, but with Blackberry's market rather than Google Play.

Not sure if you're being serious or not. But no, it's not an android fork. But they did build android compatibility into it so there would be a bigger app universe for BB users.

Not sure if you're being serious or not. But no, it's not an android fork. But they did build android compatibility into it so there would be a bigger app universe for BB users.

Being completely serious. When someone tells me it has "gingerbread runtime", it definitely sounds like "yet another android fork".

That does help ease my mind. I'm more interested now if it's a separate (obviously ARM-based) architecture with compatibility.