HTC One SV variant is Sprint bound

WiWavelength

Since I know that Josh is going to ask...

SVLTE, yes. SVDO, no.

AJ

• Like 8

waiting on 800 lte....for next device for me

I doubt that LTE 800 will make its debut in a low to mid range device, which is what this is. However, stranger things have happened.

AJ

Very little chance that this is a Windows Phone. Its model number is just one digit removed from that of the One SV on Cricket.

AJ

• Like 1

I'm probably done buying devices until the first Windows Phone LTE device or the first flagship LTE 800 or LTE 2600 device hits.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I'm probably done buying devices until the first Windows Phone LTE device or the first flagship LTE 800 or LTE 2600 device hits.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Could it be that Robert is running low on upgrades.

• Like 1

Could it be that Robert is running low on upgrades.

Upgrades? Robert doesn't need no stinkin' upgrades...to get more handsets.

AJ

• Like 4

this phone is LTE band 25, that is 1900

Is that a statement or a question?

AJ

why the hell would HTC put such a low res screen on this? I actually thought it looked appealing as an alternative to the mega handsets now dominating the market, hoping it was like a souped up Rezound...but it's not even that good.

Seems like a slightly souped up version of the OG EVO with that crappy 800x400 res!

i'm just saying...

Okay. Do you not think that everyone here at this Sprint LTE focused site is already well aware of that fact?

AJ

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys...

I was with Sprint/Nextel for 10+ years. It is cool watching the network upgrades/4G LTE... Anyway, in my area, I do not use roaming and have wimax devices with no wimax service.So I went from EVO 3D Sprint to the same device at Virgin Mobile. I am saving $30/month.

Anyway, I am looking at the Boost Mobile HTC One SV as an upgrade (I love SENSE UI) (the specs. appear to be the same as the EVO 3D for the most part). I would be upgrading to get the 4G LTE which will be in my area some day.

So what are your thoughts on going from the qHD screen to the 480 x 800 screen? Has anyone had experience with this? The phones screen appears brighter, but I dont want to look at large pixels all the time. Also, with the 3D layer, would this lesser res. screen look better in that regard?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

So what are your thoughts on going from the qHD screen to the 480 x 800 screen?

qHD is only 540x960. You would not likely notice a big difference between qHD and 480x800. Now, if you were coming from a 720x1280 screen, that would be another story...

AJ

Hi guys...

I was with Sprint/Nextel for 10+ years. It is cool watching the network upgrades/4G LTE... Anyway, in my area, I do not use roaming and have wimax devices with no wimax service.So I went from EVO 3D Sprint to the same device at Virgin Mobile. I am saving $30/month.

Anyway, I am looking at the Boost Mobile HTC One SV as an upgrade (I love SENSE UI) (the specs. appear to be the same as the EVO 3D for the most part). I would be upgrading to get the 4G LTE which will be in my area some day.

So what are your thoughts on going from the qHD screen to the 480 x 800 screen? Has anyone had experience with this? The phones screen appears brighter, but I dont want to look at large pixels all the time. Also, with the 3D layer, would this lesser res. screen look better in that regard?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Well the evo 3d will offer about 35% more pixels in the same 4.3" screen but the overall screen brightness and clarity will probably be better on the one sv. I think an important factor is usability in the sunlight which would be a huge advantage to the one sv, the evo 3d was probably the worst phone ever to use in direct sunlight.

qHD is only 540x960. You would not likely notice a big difference between qHD and 480x800. Now, if you were coming from a 720x1280 screen, that would be another story...

AJ

AJ, thanks for your response... I was just wondering since the new phone (SV) is 217 dpi and the old one (3D) is 256 dpi. Thanks again!!! On the other hand, are there any other LTE handsets that are coming to Sprints MVNO's?

Quick review of the SV: http://www.androidcentral.com/boost-mobile-getting-htc-one-sv-march-7

On the other hand, are there any other LTE handsets that are coming to Sprints MVNO's?

None that I know of currently, but you ought to take a look at this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3348-sprint-announces-bring-your-own-device-to-mvnos/

AJ